Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 10-03-2014, 09:52 AM
  #8746  
Tech Master
 
skeasor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 1,089
Default

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
Probably very close, had them both in my hands but grams are grams. I will weigh them both when I do the swap and post back
thanks!
skeasor is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 11:15 AM
  #8747  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
MasiisaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skeasor
I just rebuilt my ball diff today and was thinking about switching over to the gear diff. I may do that on the next build.

Is the gear diff heavier than the ball diff? I couldn't imagine that it would too much heavier.
Dont hold me to it...but i thought I read somewhere that in fact it's a bit lighter..

I would say try it...for me and my driving ability... it works very good without the headache of a ball diff..
MasiisaM is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 01:06 PM
  #8748  
Tech Master
 
skeasor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 1,089
Default

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
Dont hold me to it...but i thought I read somewhere that in fact it's a bit lighter..

I would say try it...for me and my driving ability... it works very good without the headache of a ball diff..
I ran a gear diff in my AE B4 for a long time and thought it handled great. I just get tired of rebuilding the diffs and at $20 bucks a pop it adds up quickly.

Does anyone know if the RTR gear diff has fluid in it and if so what weight?
http://www.amain.com/Losi-Complete-G...-22RTR/p209945
skeasor is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 01:07 PM
  #8749  
Tech Addict
 
DaSilva3525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 528
Default

For all you club racers you might feel the pain of buying tires like crazy as do I. Curious if most folks try and get a bunch of people together to do group buys? Racing 2-3 classes is getting outta hand real quick
DaSilva3525 is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 01:09 PM
  #8750  
Tech Addict
 
DaSilva3525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 528
Default

I bought a new one once can't remember if it had oil now or not (sold it after I refilled). Either way I would say to start with something fresh regardless & known. Kind of the same way as the factory shock oil included in the kit, not the same as the off the shelf TLR bottles.
DaSilva3525 is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 01:11 PM
  #8751  
Tech Master
 
skeasor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 1,089
Default

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
For all you club racers you might feel the pain of buying tires like crazy as do I. Curious if most folks try and get a bunch of people together to do group buys? Racing 2-3 classes is getting outta hand real quick
I cant imagine spending tires for 2-3 classes. I was thinking about adding an 1/8 buggy to my garage but am still hesitant with costs. I race on a budget so I try to stretch out the life of my tires as much as I can. I never thought about a group buy...that's a pretty good idea.
skeasor is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 01:13 PM
  #8752  
Tech Master
 
skeasor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 1,089
Default

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
I bought a new one once can't remember if it had oil now or not (sold it after I refilled). Either way I would say to start with something fresh regardless & known. Kind of the same way as the factory shock oil included in the kit, not the same as the off the shelf TLR bottles.
Yea, you're probably right about that. Who knows how long the oil would be sitting in those things anyway.
skeasor is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 01:30 PM
  #8753  
Tech Addict
 
DaSilva3525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 528
Default

Originally Posted by skeasor
I cant imagine spending tires for 2-3 classes. I was thinking about adding an 1/8 buggy to my garage but am still hesitant with costs. I race on a budget so I try to stretch out the life of my tires as much as I can. I never thought about a group buy...that's a pretty good idea.
More then likely it's the carpet racing I do that really kills my tires quick vs a loose dirty or non sugar clay track. I have to buy a new set of tires in the morning of any trophy race to stay on top of the class. If I start with something broken in or half worn in the morning by mains it's very noticeable.

I mentioned the group buy because I've seen individuals buy $300-$400 worth at once for them selves alone lol. Figured few guys split the bill might save 20-40% maybe.

I almost went 8th scale racing this summer too but the cost of running the class with spare parts, tires, big batteries etc turned me away. Everything is way more money then tenth scale as well.
DaSilva3525 is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 03:37 PM
  #8754  
Tech Master
 
skeasor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 1,089
Default

Anyone have a 22 with a cab forward body in yellow? I was thinking about doing this but wanted to see what it looked like first

Last edited by skeasor; 10-03-2014 at 03:37 PM. Reason: typo
skeasor is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 04:08 PM
  #8755  
Tech Regular
 
rcus3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: any*cal
Posts: 353
Default

Gear diff is definitely heavier. Not a problem with mod, but you will feel it in 17.5.

Want to try those kyosho orings. Already got them, just haven't installed them.

I will post the gear/ball diff weight at next rebuild.
rcus3r is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 04:11 PM
  #8756  
Tech Master
 
skeasor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 1,089
Default

Originally Posted by rcus3r
Gear diff is definitely heavier. Not a problem with mod, but you will feel it in 17.5.

Want to try those kyosho orings. Already got them, just haven't installed them.

I will post the gear/ball diff weight at next rebuild.
Ahh, I run 13.5 so I'm sure I'll notice then.
skeasor is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 04:18 PM
  #8757  
Tech Addict
 
DaSilva3525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 528
Default

Gear diff is def a few grams heavier like stated above
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread-image.jpg  
DaSilva3525 is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 04:23 PM
  #8758  
Tech Addict
 
DaSilva3525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 528
Default

Just put this ball diff in my 22t with a 17.5
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread-image.jpg  
DaSilva3525 is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 04:56 PM
  #8759  
Tech Master
 
skeasor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 1,089
Default

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
Just put this ball diff in my 22t with a 17.5
Thanks for the info! I'm surprised there is that much difference. Have you ran the gear diff with the 17.5?
skeasor is offline  
Old 10-03-2014, 05:34 PM
  #8760  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
3D-Seth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,032
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skeasor
Anyone have a 22 with a cab forward body in yellow? I was thinking about doing this but wanted to see what it looked like first

Not entirely yellow, but...

3D-Seth is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.