TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 10-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Headling
Any news on the bell crank steering release date?
We are all hoping they will be coming soon

Last edited by hacker07; 10-02-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jake S
im curious what front avid spring would compare to the kyosho gold front, and i guess in the same breath what would compare to the tlr yellow rear.
Purple is the closest at 3.63, the measured rate of the gold is 3.34 lb/in but feels stiffer like a 3.80. My theory on this is very similar to the way the light blue kyosho front spring for 1/8 scale is measured a certain rate but acts a different way because it has more coils. The big bore gold is the same way, more coils.

I think if Maifield, and Phend were sponsored by avid they would run purples. I've been told a lot of big manufacturers buy Kyosho springs direct though, which makes a lot of sense.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Ryan on the bell crank info
Old 10-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

im curious what front avid spring would compare to the kyosho gold front, and i guess in the same breath what would compare to the tlr yellow rear.
The closest would be the Avid reds. With what the kyo gold measures at and the avid red measures at, they are pretty close.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
The closest would be the Avid reds. With what the kyo gold measures at and the avid red measures at, they are pretty close.
thanks ryan. i was kind of thinking of starting with red/yellow on 2wd, and purple/white on 4wd, based on looking at user created spring charts after not receiving a response from other members, thanks for confirming my thoughts.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm planning to do my first race with the buggy pretty soon. I have it set up as 17.5t RM. What battery would you guys recommend for novice/stock racing? Will be racing an indoor clay track. Amain has a Protek 4700/100c shorty on sale this month I was thinking about getting if its not overkill.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

anywhere from 2.5mm-3mm of exposed shaft is where i have been running mine. 2.5mm seems better on lower bite, if traction is higher 3mm works well for me. i have never had good slipper feel setting it so the wheels come up off the table, i always just set it for on track feel.
Originally Posted by Cancun Tom
Thanks guys! I'll give that a shot.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Alex Perkovich
I'm planning to do my first race with the buggy pretty soon. I have it set up as 17.5t RM. What battery would you guys recommend for novice/stock racing? Will be racing an indoor clay track. Amain has a Protek 4700/100c shorty on sale this month I was thinking about getting if its not overkill.
I'm running a venom 5000mah with 30C with my 17.5 and haven't had any problems.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Addict

Been lurking on here for awhile, even before I bought my 2.0 great thread & a lot of great info. Frank Root constantly on this board is pretty dam cool to see as well! #TLRtothefront

Any way I run on carpet only, been running a ball diff from the start everyone says I'm nuts but I've always been use to it. I'm in A main near the top half at my local track but I know I'm leaving a lot on the table through some of the tight turns. The only reason at the moment I haven't switched to a gear diff is all the stories of them leaking. I just can't deal with a dirty buggy & everything not being 110% lol I have issues that way. It's probably been discussed over & over but is it the outdrives that leak? Or just the main gasket?

I have been really enjoying this buggy & fine tuning it. Such a quality product with amazing support.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

For those of us with the exotek steering rack. The TLR bell crank ballcups and spindles are in stock at horizon FYI.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
Been lurking on here for awhile, even before I bought my 2.0 great thread & a lot of great info. Frank Root constantly on this board is pretty dam cool to see as well! #TLRtothefront

Any way I run on carpet only, been running a ball diff from the start everyone says I'm nuts but I've always been use to it. I'm in A main near the top half at my local track but I know I'm leaving a lot on the table through some of the tight turns. The only reason at the moment I haven't switched to a gear diff is all the stories of them leaking. I just can't deal with a dirty buggy & everything not being 110% lol I have issues that way. It's probably been discussed over & over but is it the outdrives that leak? Or just the main gasket?

I have been really enjoying this buggy & fine tuning it. Such a quality product with amazing support.
I have been using the gear diff for a few months now..Tested and found 5K gave me the best turn in and forward bite on my mid-high bite clay surface.

I replaced the outdrive o-rings with Kyosho P-5 o-rings and haven't had an issue.

Kyosho P-5 o-rings

It has never leaked and works awesome.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
I have been using the gear diff for a few months now..Tested and found 5K gave me the best turn in and forward bite on my mid-high bite clay surface.

I replaced the outdrive o-rings with Kyosho P-5 o-rings and haven't had an issue.

It have never leaked and works awesome.
Thank you very much
Old 10-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MasiisaM

Kyosho P-5 o-rings

It has never leaked and works awesome.
I'll second this. I put the Kyosho P-5's in my diff for the outdrives as well and it's been leak-free ever since.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chadg
I'll second this. I put the Kyosho P-5's in my diff for the outdrives as well and it's been leak-free ever since.
I just rebuilt my ball diff today and was thinking about switching over to the gear diff. I may do that on the next build.

Is the gear diff heavier than the ball diff? I couldn't imagine that it would too much heavier.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by skeasor
I just rebuilt my ball diff today and was thinking about switching over to the gear diff. I may do that on the next build.

Is the gear diff heavier than the ball diff? I couldn't imagine that it would too much heavier.
Probably very close, had them both in my hands but grams are grams. I will weigh them both when I do the swap and post back

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.