Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 05-10-2014, 10:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Sc Sandman
Can anyone confirm wether the tlr or exotek bellcranks are a drop in fit with the Savox 1257 servo?
see the measurement at the bottom of the description on the exotek site, im pretty sure that servo wont work without the exotek mounts
Old 05-11-2014, 03:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Frank.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

So I have to ask. When the 22 was in development, did it begin with the rack, never testing bellcranks?

While the constant development appeals to some, the constant updating to remain current is tiresome to many racers. I believe consistency is one of your primary competition's (AE) greatest strengths. Ever considered what that has been worth to them?
Old 05-12-2014, 03:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
So I have to ask. When the 22 was in development, did it begin with the rack, never testing bellcranks?

While the constant development appeals to some, the constant updating to remain current is tiresome to many racers. I believe consistency is one of your primary competition's (AE) greatest strengths. Ever considered what that has been worth to them?
I'd have to agree with this to an extent, but it seems to me that AE racers generally use a lot more aftermarket parts and upgrades than TLR racers, to make up deficiencies in the original kits.

I don't mind the constant development too much. You always have the option of not changing to the latest and greatest.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

http://rcdriver.com/bell-crank-steer...s-of-vehicles/
Old 05-12-2014, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Have had problems with the 2.0 rack in my SCT and my buggy the last two Friday night races. For some reason, it appears the new rack is more prone to "warping" which causes it to bind (even when removed from the vehicle and worked by hand). Maybe this is a byproduct of tightening the screws too much upon install initally, but I got a few weeks out of both before the binding began. I installed the 1.0 rack into both vehicles and finished the night out with no problems.

I just received and installed the Exotek ver. 2 crank in my SCT yesterday, so will give it a try this Friday night.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Davidka

I agree with Gonz on the associated guys relying more on aftermarket.

There has been a lot of buggy development at TLR after there being almost no changes in the XXX for over a decade. I say engineers being given a green light to make cool new stuff and innovate technology forward is always welcome. People have been asking for this rack since the 22 came out and many would say it took its time getting here.

From what I can tell this steering rack is a tuning option with a different feel and not an upgrade.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Innovate or die! TLR has always been at the forefront of innovation in R/C for years. AE puts out great products. But they sit on their designs for a while, hence leading to all the aftermarket products. It's almost as they react to the market changes once their cars start losing their advantage to other companies. TLR always tries to upgrade their vehicles as new ideas come up that help performance. They release upgrades as needed. Once there's enough upgrades they release a new kit that has all those upgrades plus more. Usually I just upgrade to the newer parts as they come out. This is the nature of the hobby and of racing. Everyone is searching for the next performance edge. New ideas are out there. Sometimes old ideas get revisited with fresh eyes and perspective (as in the case with the 22-4). Years ago we as hobbyists would tinker and come up with our own mods for our cars. Now there is an aftermarket for that if we choose it. At the end of the day, technology MUST press forward. Companies need to sell products. New ideas have to come out. If you're an R/C racer it goes without saying that it will be an endless money pit of upgrades and newer car kits. If you feel competitive with an older kit and parts then by all means race what you have. But for some racers the allure of that next part that will let us beat the competition will always be present. I can think of several bad ways to spend our money rather than on R/C!
Old 05-12-2014, 08:19 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sc Sandman
Can anyone confirm wether the tlr or exotek bellcranks are a drop in fit with the Savox 1257 servo?
Should fit with TLR bell cranks.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Frank
Are the new spindles that come with the bellcrank kit the same geometry as the original 22 2.0 spindles just beefed up for durability or did the geometry get changed?
Old 05-12-2014, 10:01 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by fantomdude
Frank
Are the new spindles that come with the bellcrank kit the same geometry as the original 22 2.0 spindles just beefed up for durability or did the geometry get changed?
The spindle ball stud location changes, the rest is the same geometry. We have modified the product process for the parts, which should help durability.

To "beef up" the part just isn't possibly due to interference issues. The only way to due this would limit steering throw/performance.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Good info Frank. I'm assuming these will be available to us as a stand alone product as well? Just the new spindles with the new ball stud location and durability upgrades.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:16 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by LosiRacer33
Good info Frank. I'm assuming these will be available to us as a stand alone product as well? Just the new spindles with the new ball stud location and durability upgrades.
The spindles are, TLR234029. These are not recommended for use with the slider rack though.

We are making the same update to the regular 22 2.0 spindles as well.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Why tell people about it now when they are not going to be available till August?
I asked about bellcranks last summer when the 2.0 was coming out because there was rumors of the team drivers using them. The response at that time is that they were using the rack system. So now you come out with this and talk about it being smoother. I guess I'll have to add another $35 to the $350 I already spent.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
The spindle ball stud location changes, the rest is the same geometry. We have modified the product process for the parts, which should help durability.

To "beef up" the part just isn't possibly due to interference issues. The only way to due this would limit steering throw/performance.
Any explanation about how and why the spindle ball stud changes?
less aggressive ackermann? or longer sweep distance to reduce steering speed?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.