Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Hi All, I upgraded my 22 1.0 to 2.0 for all relevant geometry, and since then I have an issue with the new steering rack jamming upon a fairly wild crash, i.e. front wheels turned all the way left, and the servo not able to pull it back.

Anyone came across this issue? I tried to duplicate this behavior on the bench but no success, maybe I was just not violent enough..

When it happens on track the solution is just to apply force on the wheels to get them back "on track", relatively easy...
Old 05-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pellefa
Hi All, I upgraded my 22 1.0 to 2.0 for all relevant geometry, and since then I have an issue with the new steering rack jamming upon a fairly wild crash, i.e. front wheels turned all the way left, and the servo not able to pull it back.

Anyone came across this issue? I tried to duplicate this behavior on the bench but no success, maybe I was just not violent enough..

When it happens on track the solution is just to apply force on the wheels to get them back "on track", relatively easy...
Had this happen just this past Friday with the 2.0 parts on my 22SCT. Took the rack off and it was still binding up when moving it by hand. Seems that from a hard hit I took, it may have warped/bent the outer or inner part of the rack. No amount of sanding/filing was able to make it move freely. I put the 1.0 rack back in for the night and didn't have any problems. Haven't had this happen in my buggy yet, but it doesn't take the beating that the SCT does.

Considering the new 2.0 Exotek rack, but have read posts of people saying it has destroyed their servos since it's aluminum and doesn't flex any, so hoping Losi releases the plastic version soon.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joncmack
Had this happen just this past Friday with the 2.0 parts on my 22SCT. Took the rack off and it was still binding up when moving it by hand. Seems that from a hard hit I took, it may have warped/bent the outer or inner part of the rack. No amount of sanding/filing was able to make it move freely. I put the 1.0 rack back in for the night and didn't have any problems. Haven't had this happen in my buggy yet, but it doesn't take the beating that the SCT does.

Considering the new 2.0 Exotek rack, but have read posts of people saying it has destroyed their servos since it's aluminum and doesn't flex any, so hoping Losi releases the plastic version soon.
I managed to break one s6070 with the Exotek bellcrank. Then I started using the stock plastic servohorn and Kyosho RB6 plastic steering arms which is a direct replacement for the Exotek aluminum, and it's all been great for a year! No problems what so ever;-)

Last edited by MartinSorlie; 05-05-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi guys, I just broke my front spindle and guy at the lhs gave me tlr1107 as a replacement but according to my manual tlr234006 should be used. Now with the tlr 1107 installed (on both sides) my toe is completely out of wack (toe out) with camber steering link length set according to manual. Should I just adjust camber steering links or should I buy tlr234007 and put it on. They look very similar and according to amain they should be OK for 22 2.0. what is 4mm trail referring to anyway. Sorry for silly question

Aby input is appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited by Schlamil; 05-05-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joncmack

Originally Posted by MartinSorlie
I managed to break one s6070 with the Exotek bellcrank. Then I started using the stock plastic servohorn and Kyosho RB6 plastic steering arms which is a direct replacement for the Exotek aluminum, and it's all been great for a year! No problems what so ever;-)
just use the stock servo horn. with all aluminum something has to give and its usually the servo gears!
Old 05-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well it took me a while but here's mine.

Old 05-06-2014, 05:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)

Hey I'm going to get my first 2wd buggy and I'm stuck on either the 22 2.0 or b5m. Im not new to racing at all , I've just never had a 2wd buggy and want to try something new. I know this is the tlr thread so most is going to be biased but just looking for honest opinions. I'm going to race in the 17.5 stock class. I want something easy to drive and something that doesn't need tons of upgrades right off the bat. Also something that doesn't wear out or plastics get loose quickly. I had the sc10.2 and didn't like it all that much and liked the 22sct better because it was just easier to drive and it was more comfortable.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Schlamil
Hi guys, I just broke my front spindle and guy at the lhs gave me tlr1107 as a replacement but according to my manual tlr234006 should be used. Now with the tlr 1107 installed (on both sides) my toe is completely out of wack (toe out) with camber steering link length set according to manual. Should I just adjust camber steering links or should I buy tlr234007 and put it on. They look very similar and according to amain they should be OK for 22 2.0. what is 4mm trail referring to anyway. Sorry for silly question

Thanks
Get tlr234007. That is the correct part for the 2.0 geometry. 4mm trail means the spindle is 4mm to the rear of center in relation to the axle.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you bergie33. Thats what I will do
Old 05-06-2014, 07:36 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Schlamil

Thanks
Yes, the TLR1107 spindles are from the 22 and are not compatible with the 22 2.0 front geometry. It makes the front end too wide (illegal) and takes away the biggest geometry improvement for the 22 2.0. You'll need either TLR234007 (plastic, 4mm trail) or TLR334005 (alum, 2mm trail).

Originally Posted by Orion_2kTC
Well it took me a while but here's mine.

Looking good!!
Old 05-06-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you Frank. I appreciate your help.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Installed the exotek v2 bell crank last night. Nice upgrade!
Old 05-08-2014, 06:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hello,
I'm looking at getting one of these. What do I need that is not included in the kit? (body, motor and other electronics?)
I'm going to set it up mid motor, but will have the option to switch to rear motor. If I buy square packs to use, can they be used in the rear motor version? Or can I use shorty packs in both?
What upgrade parts that are not in the kit would I need to make the car drive better and more durable?
Does the kit come with 1 front spring and 1 rear spring (a pair each), or does it include the entire set?
What tires are best for a standard club racing track (slightly loamy, watered, hard pack, probably medium traction)?

thanks,
tim
Old 05-08-2014, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiRacer33
Installed the exotek v2 bell crank last night. Nice upgrade!
Oh very nice. I was holding out for the TLR version, but i might just pull the trigger on this.

How much was it? And did you need to do any kind of mods, is the aluminum that much heavier then the stock, i have been avoiding adding weight to the front of the buggy.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vicdamone11
Oh very nice. I was holding out for the TLR version, but i might just pull the trigger on this.

How much was it? And did you need to do any kind of mods, is the aluminum that much heavier then the stock, i have been avoiding adding weight to the front of the buggy.
No mods and comes with everything you need.

the original was not much of a weight difference than the stock steering rack so i would assume that the new version which is smaller and less aluminum is about the same as stock. Mike with Exotek would be able to shed more light on that,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.