Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 03-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Guch
Come on Frank! No info? First I'm told if I want to convert my buggy to 2.0 specs I need all these new parts when in fact some are the same part with more or less holes. Then a whole new steering system show up on the internet and no one knows cow crap? Did those parts just show up out of thin air? There was a lot of work getting a die made to mold the center link, drawings for machining the swivels, research on what bearings and other hardware needed, and know one knows anything? I understand your position. I guess loose lips sink ships. You guys need a "no cell phone policy" in your research dept. like most of the major automobile mfg. I do work for. I wonder, does TLR ever feel a little funny about coming out with a official TLR part that another company i.e. Exotek has invested time and money in and now are probably not going to sell any more because now the OEM has come out with a very similar part? I could just see the guy posting the picture of TLR's new steering system. Just before he pushed the submit reply button, he told himself, "the Exotek guys are going to crap when they see this". This hobby needs more companies like Exotek, it really helps the hobby advance. Plus TLR gets a bunch of free R&D. Flame away people, flame away!
Well answered by Frank and Casper. I see this as being a very harsh view of things. I am thankful that the third hole (which I use) is there and I am glad TLR went through the hassle and cost of making a new mold for this minor but appreciated change.

You are obviously a proud engineer. I believe the Losi engineers have pride as well and would likely not lower themselves to copy the well-known Exotek steering system which from what I can tell is less well adapted to the 2.0 than the 1.0, anyways. Bellcranks have been around forever - the slider is a more recent revolution than the bellcrank from what I can remember.

TLR has the right to maintain their privacy as they see fit. The photo is an obvious teaser and I doubt these things are ever accidentally leaked. The response of most people is that they think it is cool and they would likely want to try it. Shame on TLR for enticing us with cool new things to try on our race buggies.

I don't post in here often but when I see this bitter posting I have to ask what the alternative is (not making new molds or tweaking their designs, which is anti-engineering) and to remind you that we are talking about parts that cost less than a meal at a Hardees fast food restaurant.

No flames, just a wider view.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root

It is always the left side of the car, whether the driver's or passengers' .

In all seriousness, just like a real car has only 1 left front for example, same for R/C. All from the perspective of the driver.
Thats what i thought, but the diagram has it backwards on page 29. It points out that the head should be on the right side of the car. Thats where the confusion was for my too literal ass.

Thanks for the help!

Old 03-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

It actually says "left" there in the text and the little symbol with the up/down arrows next to the diff in the upper picture refers to something that is adjustable (diff screw) and is shown on the left side. It's good to ask if you are unsure though.
Be sure to follow the diff break in and adjustment video on the tlr blog on tlracing.com so you can get out and enjoy that new ride soon!
Old 03-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by drepus
It actually says "left" there in the text and the little symbol with the up/down arrows next to the diff in the upper picture refers to something that is adjustable (diff screw) and is shown on the left side. It's good to ask if you are unsure though.
Be sure to follow the diff break in and adjustment video on the tlr blog on tlracing.com so you can get out and enjoy that new ride soon!
The head though in the diagram and the way the diagram is laid out shows it on the right side, not the left. The confusion came from seeing the text say "Left" but showing something on the right. The diagram "looks" like it it trying to show the allen head and it's pointing to the right side.

See what i mean.

But yea it worked out...thanks for the hint on the website for break in. I will for sure take a look and follow what is said.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
The head though in the diagram and the way the diagram is laid out shows it on the right side, not the left. The confusion came from seeing the text say "Left" but showing something on the right. The diagram "looks" like it it trying to show the allen head and it's pointing to the right side.

See what i mean.

But yea it worked out...thanks for the hint on the website for break in. I will for sure take a look and follow what is said.
No, look at the orientation of the transmission and motor mount.
Pay better attention, man! Lol

Use logic when following directions, like: "How will I be able to access an Allen head on the right side of the buggy, with the gear cover on? Oh, that makes more sense that it should be on the left, because then I can use the TLR 90 Allen diff adjustment tool!"

Smh, natural selection. That is all.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MasiisaM

See what i mean.

I dont see how the diagram shows it to be on the right side. Clearly it is showing it on the left side. But really it doesnt even matter what side its on
Old 03-10-2014, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

But...in he legend up in the front of the manual that "arrows" icon means pay attention to orientation....and the text says LEFT...and the sketch if the diff installed does not allow us to see the diff screw...so we revert to the text for clarification....LEFT.....if you can read it is very clear....

No complaints on a TLR manual from me...I love the way these cars fall together...
Old 03-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

What happens if it's put on the right? Does the diff nut loosen?
Old 03-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ronP617
What happens if it's put on the right? Does the diff nut loosen?

No the nut should not loosen whether its on the left or right
Old 03-10-2014, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Old 03-10-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If he is building the car in the Mid Motor configuration would it not flip it around so that the diff screw would be on the right. I have mine mid motor but I made sure to flip my diff so that the screw is still on the drivers side. I may be wrong but it was just my experience.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:30 AM
Tech Regular

Default Frank Root.....

Hey Frank... any chance TLR is going to be making aluminum 4mm trailing arm spindles for the 22 2.0? They seem to make ever other mm except the direct replacement 4mm that comes with the 22 2.0? A lot of people have been breaking them... even team guys in my area. Anxiously awaiting ....
Old 03-11-2014, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skeeter36
If he is building the car in the Mid Motor configuration would it not flip it around so that the diff screw would be on the right. I have mine mid motor but I made sure to flip my diff so that the screw is still on the drivers side. I may be wrong but it was just my experience.
I think most folks install the diff with the adjustment screw on the drivers side in mm also. Maybe just to make it easier to remember where it is!
Old 03-11-2014, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Skeeter36
Thanks Skeeter…Yes I am building the car MID Motor configuration. I noticed I uploaded the REAR motor diagram by mistake. I was wondering why people were being complete ******* ***holes AKA Weavty. So below is the correct diagram. As anyone that has built this for mid motor knows the motor mount is on the left side of the car. Then showing the head of the screw on the right side of the car when the text says to make sure it's on the left is CONFUSING for some. It's an error in the manual and i'm doing nothing more than pointing it out. It's not a huge mistake, but a mistake that is worth pointing out as it caused some confusion.

Originally Posted by weavty1
No, look at the orientation of the transmission and motor mount.
Pay better attention, man! Lol

Use logic when following directions, like: "How will I be able to access an Allen head on the right side of the buggy, with the gear cover on? Oh, that makes more sense that it should be on the left, because then I can use the TLR 90 Allen diff adjustment tool!"

Smh, natural selection. That is all.
You're an ***hole. What makes you think that its ok to talk to someone like that. What because you have 9 cars? Yea I uploaded the wrong diagram… I get that, but there is no reason to belittle someone. The funny thing is you say you have a MM and RM 22 2.0. You should have known what I was talking about and helped (like Skeeter) but you choose to belittle. I bet you're that ***hole cool guy at the track that helps no one and thinks he is a gift to playing with toy cars. People like you make this HOBBY of playing with TOY cars frustrating.

Let me give you a tip. Don’t be a ******* tool to people.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by drepus
I think most folks install the diff with the adjustment screw on the drivers side in mm also. Maybe just to make it easier to remember wher is!

Yup. Its still easily accessable on the left side. Gotta say im glad i went back to mid. This thing is dialed with the rocket anti squat and lower camber block brass pieces.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.