TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 03-09-2014, 11:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qZOMBIEXTUNAp
....one other thing is don't mix tires (if your running pro-lines in the rear..run pro-line fronts)..

And the reasoning behind this?
Different compounds..this advice was given to me by Ryan Dunsford and Casper..Frank Root had also told me the same..your buggy won't work well when you you mix compounds..
Old 03-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Anyone,
Just wondering about the shim for the rear axles. Not sure what page it was answered but do I have it correct below:
With shim = more rear traction and vice versa without?
Also if I have a new set of 22 1.0 axles can I use them? would those axles be equivalent to using the shim or not using the shim? I know there is a difference in axles that is why I am curious.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

For all you stock 17.5 drivers, I picked up a new motor and ran it for the first time today and TQ'D sportsman 17.5 and sportsman mod! ( yes I ran my 17.5NR in a sportsman mod race) spanked everyone's but! I improved my lap times by 5/10 to 7/10 faster from the previous week running a 17.5 d3.5..

R1 Wurks 17.5 (roar legal)
TQ racing and reflexracing has them check it out!

I'm no sand bagger, but I clicked off a 16.27 fast lap, and experts fastest lap was 16.17 with a b4.2 in the qualifying rounds. I stayed consistent with lap times averaging top 10 16.9- 17.2

My setup was frank roots mm, wht lf spring rear and only the rocket Rc anti squat block.. MIP pucks system too. Esc mounted in front of shorty pack

All blue buggy with white rims TQ

Sp Mod
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YltVJrd...ature=g-subs-u

Sp 17.5NR

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E9OmURw...ature=g-subs-u
Old 03-10-2014, 04:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

does anyone know the ref. for the gear diff shims that go behind the main gears? Mine broke apart, tried some 0.2mm ones but i think the originals are probably 0.1mm. Or other shims that would work.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

On these setups for the shocks, where it says no limiters, shock unscrewed 3turns, etc. What is being unscrewed?
Old 03-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JourneyMan
On these setups for the shocks, where it says no limiters, shock unscrewed 3turns, etc. What is being unscrewed?
The shock end [eyelet] is unscrewed 'x' turns to lengthen the shock, and promote droop.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:31 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Guch
Darn it. I fell for the TLR hype again. I should of done more research before going out and buying all the 2.0 parts. I don't know anyone who even uses that extra hole in the rear arm.
Our entire team uses the new inside hole in the rear arm when running RM.

Originally Posted by Guch
Come on Frank! No info? First I'm told if I want to convert my buggy to 2.0 specs I need all these new parts when in fact some are the same part with more or less holes. Then a whole new steering system show up on the internet and no one knows cow crap? Did those parts just show up out of thin air? There was a lot of work getting a die made to mold the center link, drawings for machining the swivels, research on what bearings and other hardware needed, and know one knows anything? I understand your position. I guess loose lips sink ships. You guys need a "no cell phone policy" in your research dept. like most of the major automobile mfg. I do work for. I wonder, does TLR ever feel a little funny about coming out with a official TLR part that another company i.e. Exotek has invested time and money in and now are probably not going to sell any more because now the OEM has come out with a very similar part? I could just see the guy posting the picture of TLR's new steering system. Just before he pushed the submit reply button, he told himself, "the Exotek guys are going to crap when they see this". This hobby needs more companies like Exotek, it really helps the hobby advance. Plus TLR gets a bunch of free R&D. Flame away people, flame away!
Here is the info I have, which may get me a talking to later. We are working on something. It is not a "copy" of the Exotek system. Being the manufacturer of the vehicle, we believe it is important to develop a system that was optimized and fit within the existing design of our front end. We also thought it was important for a handling improvement upgrade to be more modestly price, thus the exclusion of many machined parts which unfortunately gives us a longer lead time to market. The servo does not need to be moved back, which is a HUGE benefit for all consumers, especially those running MM.

I do NOT have a date. We've had to update/add some parts for proper performance which has delayed the release.

I do NOT have a price. By adding some parts, the pricing WILL change.

I do not have any more info I can add, other than testing has been very positive. The improvement in handling through a reduction in ackermann has been mostly beneficial in MM configuration.

Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14
This is more or less for Frank Root....does losi plan on selling the low frequency springs in just pairs ? on a tight budget and pairs only would be welcome.
We do not have plans to release pairs.

Originally Posted by radek
The universal driveshafts (Part: TLR232006) for this buggy. Could anyone who tried them give me a report? More or less grip on entry, mid, exit? Low or high speed? And what type of surface?

Swedish distributor does not even have these, so would be great if someone could share their experience before I order from England.
If you are running on Astro or Carpet, the results are very positive. Less suspension bind under acceleration. I know the UK team are very fond of them.

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
can someone give me some insight...sometimes these instructions really suck. Page 29 on transmission assembly the note says Ensure diff screw is on left side of the vehicle left side. Is that drivers left?
It is always the left side of the car, whether the driver's or passengers' .

In all seriousness, just like a real car has only 1 left front for example, same for R/C. All from the perspective of the driver.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

^and THAT is exactly why I will always be a Losi/TLR customer.

Not any other mfr. takes the time, like TLR does, to respond to the customers inquiries... No matter how many times something has been mentioned before, or how technical or even political a question can be... Boom, they're always here to help.

Thanks Frank, Ryan, Mike, Dakotah, Doug, and the rest of the guys that are regulars here on the forums, from TLR.

You're the best. Period.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Frank,

Will you guys be releasing a HDS Spur lower than 76T anytime soon? Something down to the 70T range for us stock racers?
Old 03-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I recently switched over to Losi for my 4wd and 2wd sct.

I like the trucks so much that I went ahead and bought a 2wd Losi 22 v2 buggy too.

What/where are the best starting setups for rear and mid-motor builds?

Thanks.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I like Franks RM setup. I dont like any of the MM ones, but that is probably just because my track is better for RM
Old 03-10-2014, 12:28 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JourneyMan
Frank,

Will you guys be releasing a HDS Spur lower than 76T anytime soon? Something down to the 70T range for us stock racers?
76T is the smallest we can go with the HDS design. We still offer the 70T using the standard slipper pads for stock racers. This is why the 22 2.0 comes with 2 different pairs of slipper pads.

Originally Posted by Slippery Dan

I like the trucks so much that I went ahead and bought a 2wd Losi 22 v2 buggy too.

Thanks.
Welcome to the 22 2.0!

I'd start with the setups below:

Rear - http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...Root_Setup.pdf

Mid - http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil..._Mid_Motor.pdf
Old 03-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by weavty1
^and THAT is exactly why I will always be a Losi/TLR customer.

Not any other mfr. takes the time, like TLR does, to respond to the customers inquiries... No matter how many times something has been mentioned before, or how technical or even political a question can be... Boom, they're always here to help.

Thanks Frank, Ryan, Mike, Dakotah, Doug, and the rest of the guys that are regulars here on the forums, from TLR.

You're the best. Period.
+1
Old 03-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slippery Dan

Thanks.
Here would be a good starting point for MM. From what I hear people really like this setup.
http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...Reedy_Race.pdf

I personally don't have a RM setup sheet as I don't run it very often, pretty much MM all the time. This is what I hear people running when they are in RM.
http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...Root_Setup.pdf

JP
Old 03-10-2014, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Frank Root
If you are running on Astro or Carpet, the results are very positive. Less suspension bind under acceleration. I know the UK team are very fond of
Thank you. Ordered and Will try them. And yes I only run carpet and astro tracks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.