Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 03-05-2014, 01:51 PM
  #6781  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Commerce Twp. MI
Posts: 930
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mo
So I decided to just release my mid motor brace for people to order 3D printed, instead of spending a lot of money on molding. The material held up very well over the weekend with a few people running them and no problems. It takes flex out of the chassis but doesn't make it completely rigid. You can order in in standard or polished plastic and in a variety of colors. The type of plastic and color effect the final price and shipping time. I have no control over price or shipping as I am just making my design public for you to order if interested.

http://www.sculpteo.com/en/s/xmox/
Mo, how do I order?
rippen is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 02:19 PM
  #6782  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Carranza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastvale, Ca.
Posts: 2,079
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
Looks like the export department at HH jumped the gun. TLR231027 is posted quite a bit in the EU.
Time will tell.
Carranza76 is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 02:19 PM
  #6783  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
MasiisaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rippen
Mo, how do I order?
It looks like all you do is click the link...click the pic and add to cart..
MasiisaM is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 02:22 PM
  #6784  
Tech Master
iTrader: (91)
 
JourneyMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,676
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root
22 2.0 Spindles stock spindles (w/4mm trail) found here:

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR234007
Thanks Frank, I appreciate your help. However I am looking for the PN# for the correct trailing spindles for this ride. Amain lists the 4mm trailing spindles that were for the 1.0 as a compatible fit for the 2.0, but I know that is wrong.

TLR334005 is the 2MM Aluminum for the 22 2.0

1) What is the part number for the 22 2.0, 4mm aluminum trailing spindles.

2) Is there a PN# for plastic 2mm or 4mm trailing spindles for the 22 2.0?

I am looking to gain more corner exit steering.
JourneyMan is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 02:30 PM
  #6785  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,557
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JourneyMan
Thanks Frank, I appreciate your help. However I am looking for the PN# for the correct trailing spindles for this ride. Amain lists the 4mm trailing spindles that were for the 1.0 as a compatible fit for the 2.0, but I know that is wrong.

TLR334005 is the 2MM Aluminum for the 22 2.0

1) What is the part number for the 22 2.0, 4mm aluminum trailing spindles.

2) Is there a PN# for plastic 2mm or 4mm trailing spindles for the 22 2.0?

I am looking to gain more corner exit steering.
OK, so on the 22 2.0, the stock spindles that come with the car are +4mm trailing. The only way to get anything different is by using those aluminum ones which give you only 2mm of trail.
hacker07 is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 02:42 PM
  #6786  
TLRacing
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,814
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JourneyMan
Thanks Frank, I appreciate your help. However I am looking for the PN# for the correct trailing spindles for this ride. Amain lists the 4mm trailing spindles that were for the 1.0 as a compatible fit for the 2.0, but I know that is wrong.

TLR334005 is the 2MM Aluminum for the 22 2.0

1) What is the part number for the 22 2.0, 4mm aluminum trailing spindles.

2) Is there a PN# for plastic 2mm or 4mm trailing spindles for the 22 2.0?

I am looking to gain more corner exit steering.
1) We do not offer 4mm trailing spindles in aluminum for the 22 2.0.
2) Answered with my previous post. The stock 22 2.0 spindles are 4mm trailing and are included in TLR234007. We do not offer molded 2mm trailing spindles.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 02:59 PM
  #6787  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
MasiisaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carranza76
Time will tell.
Well..not really though. 40 websites have the part listed with a TLR# part number and photos that were shot professionally. Being the sites are selling to the end users the photo had to come from the manufacture.

Not too sure about the RC industry, but in the powersport and marine industry most dealerships are connected to distributions realtime stock/new product/update information though a program called Light speed. It simply takes a click of a box to make information available to all dealers connected to that network.

Being that the websites are all overseas then I would have to say the export department jumped then gun on info. It certainly wasn't done in a form a press release, but something else.

In any event it's great to see and looking at the retail price overseas with VAT included. It "should" be quite a bit less expensive than Exotek rack. The straight conversion puts the TLR rack at $24.99. That is with VAT so it "should be less" but giving the $64.99 price point for the Exotek rack it would be short sided to charge just $24.99 or less. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the rack for $34.99 –$39.99 USD.

End of my rant…the work day has been extremely slow.
MasiisaM is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 03:00 PM
  #6788  
Tech Adept
 
Cancun Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bernalillo, New Mexico
Posts: 173
Smile On road tires recommendations?

We occasionally run our 2wd buggies on an outdoor concrete basketball court. My 22 2.0 will wear a set of front Pro Line Caliber M3 to slicks in just one session. What could I switch to that would wear well and give good grip fronts and rears?
Thanks
Cancun Tom is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 03:14 PM
  #6789  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Morrisville, NC
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cancun Tom
We occasionally run our 2wd buggies on an outdoor concrete basketball court. My 22 2.0 will wear a set of front Pro Line Caliber M3 to slicks in just one session. What could I switch to that would wear well and give good grip fronts and rears?
Thanks
Proline Dirt Hawgs are a good all terrain option

Rear: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDU13&P=SM

Front: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDU14&P=SM
kawi650 is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 03:15 PM
  #6790  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Carranza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastvale, Ca.
Posts: 2,079
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
Well..not really though. 40 websites have the part listed with a TLR# part number and photos that were shot professionally. Being the sites are selling to the end users the photo had to come from the manufacture.

Not too sure about the RC industry, but in the powersport and marine industry most dealerships are connected to distributions realtime stock/new product/update information though a program called Light speed. It simply takes a click of a box to make information available to all dealers connected to that network.

Being that the websites are all overseas then I would have to say the export department jumped then gun on info. It certainly wasn't done in a form a press release, but something else.

In any event it's great to see and looking at the retail price overseas with VAT included. It "should" be quite a bit less expensive than Exotek rack. The straight conversion puts the TLR rack at $24.99. That is with VAT so it "should be less" but giving the $64.99 price point for the Exotek rack it would be short sided to charge just $24.99 or less. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the rack for $34.99 –$39.99 USD.

End of my rant…the work day has been extremely slow.
The exotek is all aluminum though. so a big price difference.
Carranza76 is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 03:35 PM
  #6791  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
MasiisaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carranza76
The exotek is all aluminum though. so a big price difference.
That’s true, but having a strategic price point is more important. While a few have (marketshare to how many 22's are in the market) purchased the all aluminum Exotech rack there is no scale behind it due to price point. Right now they are the only one in town doing a turn key kit. I think most consumers will be ok paying 35 bucks for a turn key kit made by TLR. Yea it has plastic parts, but its also 30 bucks less. That’s close to what you would have to pay for the plastic K mod but this would be turn key.

Advantage to both consumers and TLR.
MasiisaM is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 03:40 PM
  #6792  
mo
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,378
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rippen
Mo, how do I order?
Just click the link and you can change the color and material if you want and add to cart.
mo is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 07:49 PM
  #6793  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Durocken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N.J
Posts: 253
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Oasis
Decreasing caster will generally add some turn..but you will lose some on power steering and straight line stability. .given your track discription this would help on tight off power corners.
Originally Posted by Frank Root
Are you going to change the caster blocks so the overall caster isn't affected?

If you don't, you'll be changing two things: kick angle and caster.

I've found less kick to make the fore-aft weight transfer to happen quicker, sometimes too abruptly.

When reducing Caster, you'll generally have a little more turn in and exit steering, but less of a mid corner rotation.

Thanks guys I was just rebuilding my buggy for next weeks race and the 20* was sitting there looking at me lol. I wasn't gonna change the caster I was just gonna throw the 20* in and see what happens, just wanted to know if anyone tried it and how it affects the car. Thanks again for the info.
Durocken is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 09:48 PM
  #6794  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (38)
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 11,041
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

No problem. .and Frank Root is the man when it comes to set ups..I've been racing for 30 years so I have learned a few things along the way..
Oasis is offline  
Old 03-06-2014, 05:48 AM
  #6795  
Tech Master
iTrader: (106)
 
subaru_tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cary,IL
Posts: 1,380
Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mo
So I decided to just release my mid motor brace for people to order 3D printed, instead of spending a lot of money on molding. The material held up very well over the weekend with a few people running them and no problems. It takes flex out of the chassis but doesn't make it completely rigid. You can order in in standard or polished plastic and in a variety of colors. The type of plastic and color effect the final price and shipping time. I have no control over price or shipping as I am just making my design public for you to order if interested.

http://www.sculpteo.com/en/s/xmox/
just ordered one of these up.nice option to have the color choices also.

just came back to losi products and picked up a 22 2.0 & 22-4

just could not get my serpent rm 2wd to stop pushing on power.

so when i got the 2.0 out on the track i was shocked to see how this buggy pushed on a medium bite dirt track.but know where near as bad as the serpent.

was ready to give up on 2wd buggy till my last effort i switched to mid motor on the 22.

what a world of difference running mid motor has made.now i have to try and loose some of the steering as it has to much.

on a plus the 22 mid motor has some of the same driving characteristics as the 22-4. makes it much easier to race back to back races with the 22 mm and 22-4.

just didnt understand the latest hype of mm till now.
subaru_tech is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.