Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 03-05-2014, 10:09 AM
  #6766  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (38)
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 11,040
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Durocken
I wanna try the 20* kick up shim from the stock 25* shim. Any thoughts on what I might experience from doing this? I run on a VERY tight med traction track.
Decreasing caster will generally add some turn..but you will lose some on power steering and straight line stability. .given your track discription this would help on tight off power corners.
Oasis is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 10:23 AM
  #6767  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Carranza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastvale, Ca.
Posts: 2,079
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Wanted to review this for anyone running stock 17.5 class.

Awesome! I know most guys in my area run a locked slipper or close. I gave this a shot and its on point. now more having to mess with the slipper at all. If i need a slipper its a 2 min change out at most.

Again I only run 17.5 stock glass not sure about 13.5 class using this or not.

Its made for the B4/B5 but it fit directly on to the 22 with no mods. Just need a 1/16" hex driver for the screws.

http://www.exotekracing.com/b5-b4-t4...spur-gear-hub/
Carranza76 is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 11:13 AM
  #6768  
TLRacing
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,813
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Durocken
I wanna try the 20* kick up shim from the stock 25* shim. Any thoughts on what I might experience from doing this? I run on a VERY tight med traction track.
Are you going to change the caster blocks so the overall caster isn't affected?

If you don't, you'll be changing two things: kick angle and caster.

I've found less kick to make the fore-aft weight transfer to happen quicker, sometimes too abruptly.

When reducing Caster, you'll generally have a little more turn in and exit steering, but less of a mid corner rotation.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 11:16 AM
  #6769  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (86)
 
Davidka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 10,884
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Are you going to change the caster blocks so the overall caster isn't affected?

If you don't, you'll be changing two things: kick angle and caster.

I've found less kick to make the fore-aft weight transfer to happen quicker, sometimes too abruptly.

When reducing Caster, you'll generally have a little more turn in and exit steering, but less of a mid corner rotation.
A key difference (among many) between the AE B4 and the Losi XXX -
B4 = 20* of kick
XXX = 30*

Those two cars were known for razor sharp steering and solid stability respectively.
Davidka is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 11:20 AM
  #6770  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (38)
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 11,040
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Are you going to change the caster blocks so the overall caster isn't affected?

If you don't, you'll be changing two things: kick angle and caster.

I've found less kick to make the fore-aft weight transfer to happen quicker, sometimes too abruptly.

When reducing Caster, you'll generally have a little more turn in and exit steering, but less of a mid corner rotation.
Are you suggesting to not use the 20 degree shim ? I know you guys spend countless hours testing so most of the time I keep my caster settings stock..
Oasis is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 11:39 AM
  #6771  
Tech Regular
 
MartinSorlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway!
Posts: 342
Default




http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/213701/
MartinSorlie is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 12:11 PM
  #6772  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Carranza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastvale, Ca.
Posts: 2,079
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MartinSorlie
So when does this come out in the US?
Carranza76 is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 12:14 PM
  #6773  
TLRacing
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,813
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Oasis
Are you suggesting to not use the 20 degree shim ? I know you guys spend countless hours testing so most of the time I keep my caster settings stock..
I prefer 25*, but you can run whichever suits the driving style best.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 12:16 PM
  #6774  
TLRacing
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,813
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carranza76
So when does this come out in the US?
It's not out in the UK. Not sure how they got that photo. The item/parts/pricing are all likely to change.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 12:17 PM
  #6775  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Carranza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastvale, Ca.
Posts: 2,079
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root
It's not out in the UK. Not sure how they got that photo. The item/parts/pricing are all likely to change.
So now that its been confirmed can you at least give us some ear candy as to when we might be able to expect it? LOL

I dont mind waiting for it. but you know the questions are going to start coming.
Carranza76 is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 12:20 PM
  #6776  
TLRacing
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,813
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carranza76
So now that its been confirmed can you at least give us some ear candy as to when we might be able to expect it? LOL

I dont mind waiting for it. but you know the questions are going to start coming.
Nothing is finalized, so I do not have any information other than, there isn't any information to share.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 12:25 PM
  #6777  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Carranza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastvale, Ca.
Posts: 2,079
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Nothing is finalized, so I do not have any information other than, there isn't any information to share.
Fair enough man.

Hopefully you guys can get that worked out soon though!
Carranza76 is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 12:43 PM
  #6778  
Tech Master
iTrader: (91)
 
JourneyMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,676
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

What is the correct part number for trailing spindles that fit the 2.0?

I see there is a 2MM aluminum for the 2.0, I am looking for the correct part number for the 4mm in aluminum or plastic (cheaper). I don't believe the 4mm listed on amain will fit (TLR1075) although it shows it's for the 2.0.
JourneyMan is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 01:17 PM
  #6779  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
MasiisaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Looks like the export department at HH jumped the gun. TLR231027 is posted quite a bit in the EU.
MasiisaM is offline  
Old 03-05-2014, 01:25 PM
  #6780  
TLRacing
Thread Starter
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,813
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JourneyMan
What is the correct part number for trailing spindles that fit the 2.0?

I see there is a 2MM aluminum for the 2.0, I am looking for the correct part number for the 4mm in aluminum or plastic (cheaper). I don't believe the 4mm listed on amain will fit (TLR1075) although it shows it's for the 2.0.
22 2.0 Spindles stock spindles (w/4mm trail) found here:

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR234007
Frank Root is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.