Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 03-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

For all the guys running MM with the waterfall removed, how much extra chassis flex does it cause and what can i expect as far as changes in handling? I'm wanting to get my battery back a little farther to get some extra rear traction for my local track which is a little loamy and can get loose at times on race nights, but i don't want to change my setup if the extra flex will be counterproductive.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bneukam
For all the guys running MM with the waterfall removed, how much extra chassis flex does it cause and what can i expect as far as changes in handling? I'm wanting to get my battery back a little farther to get some extra rear traction for my local track which is a little loamy and can get loose at times on race nights, but i don't want to change my setup if the extra flex will be counterproductive.
If your track is gonna get loose. Your better off RM. MM for med to high bite. Not to say it won't work, but your just gonna make it harder on yourself.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Exclamation Flex is good.... well some

Originally Posted by bneukam

Hard to pack it all in. its real tight I use a shorty servo and RC Rocket Brass weights with electrics in front It handles great you will like it, flex helps in low traction situations!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Are the preferred shock pistons white or black? Thanks in advance:-)
Old 03-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Glenn. That's the info I was after! Just to clarify a little the track I run at isn't hard packed clay, but it's a medium-high bite dirt layout that, depending on how much it is watered through the night, can get a loamy layer on the top and get a little loose. A lot of guys are running X Factory cars and a few centros but I'm the only one with a MM TLR. My setup is good when the track is good but I'm wanting that little extra rear bite for when the conditions aren't ideal
Old 03-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Try 3.5 rear toe block.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Have you tried moving the rear hubs foward (moving the axel foward)..you can also adjust your roll centers and shock angles..these are free..
Old 03-04-2014, 09:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Oasis
Have you tried moving the rear hubs foward (moving the axel foward)..you can also adjust your roll centers and shock angles..these are free..
I've done everything except switching to HRC. Setup is already pretty good just looking for that 'little more'! And taking off the waterfall is free too!
Old 03-04-2014, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 2.0 rear arms

Is it me or do the new 2.0 rear arms appear to be the same as the 1.0 except for the extra inside shock hole? Where is Captain Obvious when you need him!
Old 03-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default MM battery tray options

O.K. here's the deal. I want to run shorty pack, MM, with Exotek rack, and full size servo(1257TG). Where in the h e double hockey sticks am I going to mount all the electronics? My servo is about 1/2" away from the battery, so no room for my M-471 receiver unless I mount the receiver on the back of the steering servo on it's side(could that cause radio interference?). Could do the modified RM ESC mount, put the R10 on the waterfall, the receiver on the RM ESC mount. But now I don't like my center of gravity so high. To top it off , next month my new reedy uni-saddle packs arrive which changes everything again. Man that exotek rack eats up the space. A sideways shorty pack would answer all my problems but the 22 can't fit the battery that direction and still have the battery flat on the chassis. Could sell the rack or put it on my roomy 22 sct, install 2.0 rack and low profile servo, back in biz only for another $100(servo+ rack). I thought about not posting this because it sound like I just whining but I would like some ideas.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Guch
O.K. here's the deal. I want to run shorty pack, MM, with Exotek rack, and full size servo(1257TG). Where in the h e double hockey sticks am I going to mount all the electronics? My servo is about 1/2" away from the battery, so no room for my M-471 receiver unless I mount the receiver on the back of the steering servo on it's side(could that cause radio interference?). Could do the modified RM ESC mount, put the R10 on the waterfall, the receiver on the RM ESC mount. But now I don't like my center of gravity so high. To top it off , next month my new reedy uni-saddle packs arrive which changes everything again. Man that exotek rack eats up the space. A sideways shorty pack would answer all my problems but the 22 can't fit the battery that direction and still have the battery flat on the chassis. Could sell the rack or put it on my roomy 22 sct, install 2.0 rack and low profile servo, back in biz only for another $100(servo+ rack). I thought about not posting this because it sound like I just whining but I would like some ideas.
it will work with a relatively small esc (i.e. tekin rs), no waterfall, and you don't need a battery bulkhead since it fit just right.
here's mine (shorty, MM, exotek rack, 1257 servo):
Old 03-05-2014, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Will be switching to Mid Motor after a lengthy career in RM (18 years)

I purchased the brass weight kit, shorty Lipo and slim servo!

Looking forward to see if it makes me any faster!
Old 03-05-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by synap2012
Will be switching to Mid Motor after a lengthy career in RM (18 years)

I purchased the brass weight kit, shorty Lipo and slim servo!

Looking forward to see if it makes me any faster!
Dialed

I have a 2.0 I built in MM, Shon... Do you want to try it this weekend, before you go through the tear-down on your own and such?
Old 03-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I wanna try the 20* kick up shim from the stock 25* shim. Any thoughts on what I might experience from doing this? I run on a VERY tight med traction track.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:53 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So I decided to just release my mid motor brace for people to order 3D printed, instead of spending a lot of money on molding. The material held up very well over the weekend with a few people running them and no problems. It takes flex out of the chassis but doesn't make it completely rigid. You can order in in standard or polished plastic and in a variety of colors. The type of plastic and color effect the final price and shipping time. I have no control over price or shipping as I am just making my design public for you to order if interested.

http://www.sculpteo.com/en/s/xmox/
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread-22mm-elecs-sm.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.