TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 01-11-2014, 06:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Otto.951
Does the aluminum 22 1.0 caster blocks fits on the 2.0?
No they are different geometry. They currently don't offer 2.0 caster blocks in aluminum. The plastic ones are plenty strong.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
No they are different geometry. They currently don't offer 2.0 caster blocks in aluminum. The plastic ones are plenty strong.
Oh ok thanks.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racer1812
Can I guess you're sponsored by AKA? Their tire wipes are WAY over priced..IMO

Vito, motor spray on a rag will work just as well for tire and wheel prep.

@Vito, have you glued tires before? If not, have a local show you how to do it. Or watch some vids on Youtube. There's no easy way to explain it to you in text.

I use the thinnest glue I can find, but that's not likely the best for someone new to gluing tires. I t gives you zero "work time" to get the bead back in the rim.

(have you tried the receivers I sent you yet?)
not yet I got the last week thank you
I not good at guleing tires I shake bad and they don't hold well I have my friend do them.
my raido is dsm 1 and there dsm 2 wont work?
Old 01-11-2014, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I have the tlr 334014 rear hub carrier ,is there a left and right ?they are the 4 hole ones ,
Old 01-11-2014, 09:21 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntJeff
Frank, what does your car weight?
1625g

Originally Posted by vito
whats a good tire gule ?
Tried and true, TLR Standard

Originally Posted by racer1812
Can I guess you're sponsored by AKA? Their tire wipes are WAY over priced..IMO

Vito, motor spray on a rag will work just as well for tire and wheel prep.

@Vito, have you glued tires before? If not, have a local show you how to do it. Or watch some vids on Youtube. There's no easy way to explain it to you in text.

I use the thinnest glue I can find, but that's not likely the best for someone new to gluing tires. I t gives you zero "work time" to get the bead back in the rim.

(have you tried the receivers I sent you yet?)
We actually tested of the different things people use to clean tires to see what worked and what didn't. Motor spray was actually the worst thing to used, over and over. No cleaning at all worked better. The winner was Windex, hands down. 2nd place was Simple Green. Best part is, they are both super easy to get and super cheap.

Originally Posted by Pete G
I have the tlr 334014 rear hub carrier ,is there a left and right ?they are the 4 hole ones ,
Not a left and right since they are different for mid or rear. Etching front for rear, etching back for mid.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

I saw in rc car mag one time the don't touch them the tires. they guled the up right out of the bag
Old 01-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I use simple green first to get the heavy stuff off, then use iso propyl alcohol before gluing. I also use the alcohol to clean the electronics and chassis before mounting.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I use simple green first to get the heavy stuff off, then use iso propyl alcohol before gluing. I also use the alcohol to clean the electronics and chassis before mounting.
Alcohol is what i use, great stuff!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

just use some simple green and order some aka gule
Old 01-11-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
1625g
Wow, I must be doing something wrong as I just weighed mine and I'm at 1638. And I don't have any of the brass Rocket RC parts in my car. Here is a pic, maybe you guys can see a blatant issue. The car is pretty much stock 2.0. I do run the chassis protector on the bottom and my wires are stock length (so longer than they need to be). But I also run Lunsford titanium turnbuckles and shock mounts and a shorty battery. I don't have any brass weights in the car. No wonder I'm slower in stock racing.

Thanks for all your suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread-img_0345.jpg  
Old 01-11-2014, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've read most of this forum and couldnt find a setup for my conditions, I've looked at all the ones on TLR site and Petit. My track is extremely tight dusty clay very low temp and very low traction. Tires of choice are super soft suburbs. Other super soft tires do work as well. Track requires a lot of steering, on and off power. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! (I just switched to tlr 22 2.0 so I'm new to the car)

Last edited by Durocken; 01-11-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kdeleon
Wow, I must be doing something wrong as I just weighed mine and I'm at 1638. And I don't have any of the brass Rocket RC parts in my car. Here is a pic, maybe you guys can see a blatant issue. The car is pretty much stock 2.0. I do run the chassis protector on the bottom and my wires are stock length (so longer than they need to be). But I also run Lunsford titanium turnbuckles and shock mounts and a shorty battery. I don't have any brass weights in the car. No wonder I'm slower in stock racing.

What size is that battery?
Old 01-11-2014, 03:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Tried and true, TLR Standard

We actually tested of the different things people use to clean tires to see what worked and what didn't. Motor spray was actually the worst thing to used, over and over. No cleaning at all worked better. The winner was Windex, hands down. 2nd place was Simple Green. Best part is, they are both super easy to get and super cheap.
I love the Losi standard glue. All I use.

I just lightly run some fine grit sandpaper around the mounting surface of the tire and rim, wipe down with a damp cloth and start gluing. Never had a tire come loose.
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread-image.jpg  
Old 01-11-2014, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've read most of this forum and couldnt find a setup for my conditions, I've looked at all the ones on TLR site and Petit. My track is extremely tight dusty clay very low temp and very low traction. Tires of choice are super soft suburbs. Other super soft tires do work as well. Track requires a lot of steering, on and off power. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! (I just switched to tlr 22 2.0 so I'm new to the car)
When it gets slick, I pay close attention to my diff and slipper setting, if the track is real slick and jumps are small I will loosen my diff until it rotates a full turn when spun by hand, then loosen the slipper a good bit.

raise rear roll center (take away inner rear camber link washer) The high roll center will keep the rear end level throughout the turn, helping the onpower steering, but the camber rise will increase keeping the rear end planted.

Just a few ideas!
Old 01-11-2014, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kdeleon

is that a long pack?. as i remember, Frank and most are running Shorty packs, which weigh significantly less then long packs.
but, then again, not all shorties are the same weight and/or weight savings.

Last edited by AndrewTom; 01-11-2014 at 03:43 PM. Reason: edit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.