TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 01-06-2014, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Have been running mine rear motor and couldn't imagine it being better than it has been lately.
Keeps running the same lap times and same complete race times within a couple seconds total and have been very happy with the results. Fast and easy to drive consistently.
Finally decided to flip it to mid motor and give it a try since I keep seeing and hearing that it is the way to go.
1st day out dropped .5 seconds off my best laps and shaved 5 to 7 seconds off my best complete race, easily.
Can't wait to start tuning this setup.
I told you man its better. Did you break into the 23s yet? I'm hoping to hit some 22s wednesday.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kellen Guthrie
I told you man its better. Did you break into the 23s yet? I'm hoping to hit some 22s wednesday.
Almost, 24.1 a few times. Car is easy to drive and no weights, hinge pin mods, bell cranks or any of that extra chopping stuff going on.
But then again, not running mod either. Just worn out 17.5 Novak Ballistic, Excelorin esc and a 1.0 base chassis with only a couple of the 2.0 geometry upgrades.
This format is so much fun and works so well.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Almost, 24.1 a few times. Car is easy to drive and no weights, hinge pin mods, bell cranks or any of that extra chopping stuff going on.
But then again, not running mod either. Just worn out 17.5 Novak Ballistic, Excelorin esc and a 1.0 base chassis with only a couple of the 2.0 geometry upgrades.
Cuda let me set you up on that Midmotor stuff! i kid you not you will have a whole new level of monkey car after that!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:32 PM
Tech Addict

You definitely need the bellcrank. It's probably the most important for stock. It will give you a ton more steering through those hairpins.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
huh?
I was trying to explain lowering the rear top link all the way. In theory raising it should loosen up the rear, but I found it the other way around when adjusting from Frank's setup.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Originally Posted by bigalila
I was trying to explain lowering the rear top link all the way. In theory raising it should loosen up the rear, but I found it the other way around when adjusting from Frank's setup.
Hey Dave, it's Rick!

Sorry again for breaking an a-arm on your 2.0, I'm just too used to MM it seems. My offer still stands to buy you new arms.

Did you switch to MM yet?

Haven't been to the track in a while, hoping to come this week though.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kellen Guthrie
You definitely need the bellcrank. It's probably the most important for stock. It will give you a ton more steering through those hairpins.
Hey guys! Just bought this kit. Been in on road touring but never tried off road. Cant wait!
When you say "bellcrank for stock" who makes that? Would like to build it with that if it helps that much in MM.
Thanks!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ntJeff
Hey Dave, it's Rick!

Sorry again for breaking an a-arm on your 2.0, I'm just too used to MM it seems. My offer still stands to buy you new arms.

Did you switch to MM yet?

Haven't been to the track in a while, hoping to come this week though.
You're goood brother.

Racing has been good the last couple weeks. Made some changes to the car and it's a rocket ship now. Got The Northwest race this weekend. Should be a lot of fun. I'm going to try to make it if work allows. Hope to see you there.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigalila
So your running zero washer inside otr out in the rear and 2/2 in the front?
Old 01-07-2014, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have been running mine rear motor and couldn't imagine it being better than it has been lately.
Keeps running the same lap times and same complete race times within a couple seconds total and have been very happy with the results. Fast and easy to drive consistently.
Finally decided to flip it to mid motor and give it a try since I keep seeing and hearing that it is the way to go.
1st day out dropped .5 seconds off my best laps and shaved 5 to 7 seconds off my best complete race, easily.
Can't wait to start tuning this setup.
Mod or stock?

Edit:
Never mind i see your running stock.

Did you feel like you lost any initial power?
Old 01-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
So your running zero washer inside otr out in the rear and 2/2 in the front?
Yes. No washers in the back, and 2mm on both ends under the front. PM me your email and I'll shoot you my setup sheet if you want to try it out.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 1AGOFST
Hey guys! Just bought this kit. Been in on road touring but never tried off road. Cant wait!
When you say "bellcrank for stock" who makes that? Would like to build it with that if it helps that much in MM.
Thanks!
http://www.exotekracing.com/22-steer...-22-22sct-22t/
Old 01-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by addelrio
Shhhhhhh. Frank Don't let the mm car out of the bag. I am the only 22 at my track running mm and I am Loving it and taking names.
Who's names are you taking?
Old 01-07-2014, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I dont understand how the bellcrank steering rack gives you more steering than the stock slider? Seems like BS to me ???
Old 01-07-2014, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ill ask again. What are the differences I should notice between a +4mm spindle and a +2mm spindle. I'm interested in the aluminum spindle set so I'm curious if its worth it based on what the differences are thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.