Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 11-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

what gearing for a redline 8.5?
Old 11-17-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ya I just make sure to tighten the crap out of my wheel nuts. I don't mind then at all I just grow a pair and tighten them really really good. Haven't had a wheel so much as even come loose and I didn't check them for the first 2 heats and then some.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Bob, you were running open cell inserts in the rear? Does that give way more bite than close cell inserts usually?
Old 11-18-2013, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

If anyone wants to try flat rear arms on there car I know how to do it. I've been testing them for about 2 months now they are much better then the stock ones. They have more forward bite I also believe they make the car more consistent. PM me for info the arms will be 15 bucks and you will need about another 20-25 in parts because you have to change the rear shock body. you will also have to mod the shock caps but you can use the same piston/shaft/rod end and spring. This is a very common mod that the kyosho rb-6 guys use by running the rb-5 arms. They are strong and have yet to break any of them although I will not warranty or guarantee any of them.
Thanks matt
Old 11-18-2013, 04:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommygun1
Bob, you were running open cell inserts in the rear? Does that give way more bite than close cell inserts usually?
Hi Tommy,

yes I was. One of the local AE guys figured out that when he swapped to mid motor, the open cell insert was another tool that helped that car really work. I knew I would be trying mid motor in the next week or two, so I wanted to break in a set of tires. Even running closed cell foams my car was super locked in.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I built my kit last night but I'm having an issue with the rear arms. They move freely until the transmission is in but when I put the transmission in (mid motor) the rear arms no longer freely move, they seem to be catching on something. I'm running the 3.0 degree HRC rear toe block with 2 degree hrc anti squat. Is this normal? Do I just need to sand them down a bit? Thanks for the help.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Cool mid motor slip setup. ..

Whats up guy's just got back into racing and put together the 2.0 in mid motor setup and just wanted to know is the diff tested the same as in rear motor configuration. ..I couldn't get the front of the buggy to raise like when testing in rear mtr setup...thanks!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

So I am "thinking" about converting my Kids 22 to MM and leaving my car RM. She is 8 and is an ok driver for her age. She is not really a punch it in the corners kind of driver as I have preached rolling the throttle for a while to her. But she despises cars that are loose in the rear also. Do you guys think MM would be too hard for a kid? Also, I run outdoors on a runted mixed wetness track, would I need all of the brass weight to make MM not crap?
Old 11-18-2013, 08:34 AM
Tech Prophet

I am "thinking" about trying the Exotek Rack. Not because I have an issue with the stock rack, just because I want to try it, lol. If you have tried it and have good/bad things to say about it, please PM me, no need to start 5 pages of debate again, lol. Also, if you tried and didnt like it and want to sell it, PM me. Not sure I wanna drop $70 to "try" it out.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
So I am "thinking" about converting my Kids 22 to MM and leaving my car RM. She is 8 and is an ok driver for her age. She is not really a punch it in the corners kind of driver as I have preached rolling the throttle for a while to her. But she despises cars that are loose in the rear also. Do you guys think MM would be too hard for a kid? Also, I run outdoors on a runted mixed wetness track, would I need all of the brass weight to make MM not crap?
Yeah you can't just expect to convert the car to MM and throw it down on our types of tracks. You need to do your homework. I suggest open cell foam, the Losi 50gr wight, the Rocket RC toe block, and the Losi Camber block. This will give you different combinations of weight that you can use over the rear axle. Also need a low pro servo to put the ESC down on the chassis.

Also you have to keep in mind what style battery you will be running. If you don't have the stuff to do it, wait.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

I am "thinking" about trying the Exotek Rack. Not because I have an issue with the stock rack, just because I want to try it, lol. If you have tried it and have good/bad things to say about it, please PM me, no need to start 5 pages of debate again, lol. Also, if you tried and didnt like it and want to sell it, PM me. Not sure I wanna drop $70 to "try" it out.
no need. Have friends who have it, after they drove my car, they uninstalled it. The changes in the 2.0 rack are all you need. Spend the 70.00 on tires.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Yeah you can't just expect to convert the car to MM and throw it down on our types of tracks. You need to do your homework. I suggest open cell foam, the Losi 50gr wight, the Rocket RC toe block, and the Losi Camber block. This will give you different combinations of weight that you can use over the rear axle. Also need a low pro servo to put the ESC down on the chassis.

Also you have to keep in mind what style battery you will be running. If you don't have the stuff to do it, wait.
yeah, my servo is LP and I have have shorties. There is a local TLR guy that is/was working on a MM setup. I was talking to another guy, the converted his 22 into MM and used the sponsored guys setup and said he gained a lap. I think this guy runs novice, maybe 17.5, so that got me curious. But yeah, I want to try it, not sink $100+ into it and find out I hate it. But, I agree about doing the work Bob. I will just let the sponsored guy do the work and copy him. Its like high school all over again, copy off the smart kid, lol.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:55 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
no need. Have friends who have it, after they drove my car, they uninstalled it. The changes in the 2.0 rack are all you need. Spend the 70.00 on tires.
lol, I am sure that is true. I am just feeling the need to experiment now, lol. I was all over the place racing on saturday. I took 3rd in 17.5 after tons of issues with the middle of the pack, after I traction rolled the car 3 times, lol. Picking my way through traffic was fun, but also put me out of the chances for a better finish. Mod was immediately after 17.5, so no chance to even change my battery, lol. I was using the same car/battery. But the track dried out a little and the car started to rotate better and I was putting down some fast laps. I was in second and only 2 corners behind a tlr driver about 1/2 way through the race, when my front wheel decided it was done racing and took off by itself, lol. I ended up last, but the car felt great. I had been boosting in the mos class for the heats and even managed a straight away pass while doing a wheelie, lol. But meh, boosting just feels weird, so I am done with it. But the wheelie was still cool, just wish I got it on camera.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My front wheel has done the same thing with the kit axle screws..
Old 11-18-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You know how I feel about it but I just finished up my 2.0 on Saturday putting the electronics in it and I am going to drive it stock for a few races and practice days before I decide on what I want to do. I have driven the 2.0 and the steering is greatly improved. You could also always do the Kyosho bell crank and see fi you like it.

Never hurts to try things as they maybe a good fit for you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.