TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread >

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Old 10-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Questions??

Originally Posted by manuelcjr1
There is a low mount ball stud and a standard ball stud (ball is a little higher) i
Low mount will be more sensitive and a standard ball stud will add approx. 2mm akerman which makes it a little easier to drive. Its like adding expo to your steering on ur radio.

But where can I do this adjustment, and do I need option parts?

Old 10-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.fantomracing.com/proddeta...rod=FAN27897SM
Old 10-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I ran some outdoor wet clay last night racing last night. I dont have a lot of wheel time on the car yet, but I would say it was pretty good. I ran is in practice and the first qual on rear tires that were pretty much gone. I want to get a feel for how consistent it was when loose. It was actually pretty planted. But when it break loose, watch out, lol. For the second qual, I adjusted my breaks, drag break and put new tires on. The traction came up a bit and the car was on rails. There was "maybe" a little push in the 180's, maybe, but a little break made if fine. My tires were caked with clay by the time the race was over running holeshots and rips. For the main, the car felt pretty good. I didnt make any changes, but I think I should have. I lose some rear grip and no longer needed breaks in 180's, because letting of and quick snap of the wheel brought the rear around nicely. But on some parts of the track the rear was a little squirmy and I had to make corrections. This seemed to happen when trying to roll the throttle when entering and exiting higher speed turns. But one thing is for sure, It definitely did not push. I think I needed to switch to M4 compound tires for the main. The temps dropped a bit and the track was a lot less wet and had very little caking on the tires compared to q2. But, the main issue I had with the old car was consistency and push on indoor higher bite tracks. Well, for now I would say the consistency was very good. The track changed and the temps changed and the car felt pretty much the same, with no changes to the car from q2 and the main. I have not run it indoors yet, but that is the last thing I really want to check. BTW, I ran the kit setup -1 washer outside in the front and -1 outside/inside washer in the rear. red springs front and pink rear with 30/27.5 oils and 1.6 pistons. Kit camber locations.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:42 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by rracer
I have team drivers at my track, plus i'm just as good or better when it comes to working on a car. setups from others only work some of the time unless they are driving at the same track you are, it's the car. Others are having the same issue its not just me, i just talked to my friend he was at the track today with his and was not happy he said it just pushed all day. And as far as setup i'm pretty close to what everyone else is doing, i just don't have some of the stuff the team guys do such as prototype tires, steering mod, hubs, etc....
Have you tried a more aggressive front tire? The 22 definitely had more natural steering but this made the car very inconsistent from track to track. The 2.0 has more rear traction and less steering but you should be able to dial the steering back into it but have the consistency that the 22 lacked.

As for the prototype steering bell cranks, the only advantage they offer is to give you the ability to give more or less ackerman. The current 22 2.0 steering rack has more steering compared to the bell cranks.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Has anyone put together a build list yet to convert the 22 to a 22 2.0 yet? If so, would you please re-post. I'm trying to weigh the cost of a new buggy or convert my existing 22.
Thanks
Old 10-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tipperjackson
Has anyone put together a build list yet to convert the 22 to a 22 2.0 yet? If so, would you please re-post. I'm trying to weigh the cost of a new buggy or convert my existing 22.
Thanks
http://www.rctech.net/forum/12426651-post77.html
Old 10-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks Matt Trimmings, I thought I had seen that somewhere but couldn't find it. New2.0 on order.....LOL!
Old 10-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Todd Hodge
Have you tried a more aggressive front tire? The 22 definitely had more natural steering but this made the car very inconsistent from track to track. The 2.0 has more rear traction and less steering but you should be able to dial the steering back into it but have the consistency that the 22 lacked.

As for the prototype steering bell cranks, the only advantage they offer is to give you the ability to give more or less ackerman. The current 22 2.0 steering rack has more steering compared to the bell cranks.
I'm using the same tires that most of the guys are using, i let a few choice drivers drive my car and they said it was very hard to drive, not the norm for a car i would show up with. There is something going on with it i let the fastest guy drive it and he wasn't as fast with my car and he drives a 2.0 i'm at a loss i have tried almost everything i can think of i even spent a day at the track during the week working on it and driving. I guess i will just have to stick with it and figure it out but it's not fun and that's why i race is to have fun and make the main.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

if another fast 2.0 driver says your car is bad, then why not pick his brain about what he did to his
Old 10-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Running grey rear springs sounds too soft. either go softer in the front or harder in the rear (preferably). We are using red front and pink rear at my med-high traction track.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rracer
I'm using the same tires that most of the guys are using, i let a few choice drivers drive my car and they said it was very hard to drive, not the norm for a car i would show up with. There is something going on with it i let the fastest guy drive it and he wasn't as fast with my car and he drives a 2.0 i'm at a loss i have tried almost everything i can think of i even spent a day at the track during the week working on it and driving. I guess i will just have to stick with it and figure it out but it's not fun and that's why i race is to have fun and make the main.
See if his 2.0 feels good. If it does, tear it down and rebuild it. Look for something silly like extra antisquat or something bent, etc etc....
Old 10-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ran mine for the first time yesterday. Liking the feel so far. Looking forward to getting back on the track.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

When everyone is talking about springs are they talking about the new low frequency one's or the old one's.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are the 22 2.0 springs the same as the 22 cause I wanted to get the front and rear spring kits. And what springs are the low frequency for.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
Running grey rear springs sounds too soft. either go softer in the front or harder in the rear (preferably). We are using red front and pink rear at my med-high traction track.
thats what i thought as well,
every set up I have looked at is typically Yellow LF or White LF rear.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.