Old 09-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Enough with the bickering jeez. Buy it or don't already
Old 09-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Docrc
Telling someone they're ignorant because they believe in the slide rack, is telling the TLR engineers they're ignorant. And that, to be brutally honest, is just ignorant.

I've been following the 22 threads here for quite some time, and your devotion to the exotek rack. But if that product was in fact better, then how come no one has used the exotek to win a major race? According to you, you're not even one of the fast guys at your track.
If it works for you good. But that doesn't make it a superior product or design. It's different, and I think one of the TLR top guns has already explained the differences.

Enough with the rudeness and enough with this obsession.
You have that wrong on what I said... I didn't say believing in the slider system is ignorant I said XXXDad statement about the bell crank Vrs the Slider system is.

I hold my own against the fast guy and never finish last and this for a guy who has been actually racing less than two years is pretty good in my opinion.

Kick Rocks.

Ummm Dakota Phend used a bell crank system to win the Roar Nats....

Team drivers cannot used the Exotek rack system as this was explained to me by a TLR employee
Old 09-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

drove the car straight out of the box last night, mid motor on carpet. car felt great, so smooth, very easy to drive consistently. i could see myself picking up some good qualifiers simply because its so easy to drive quickly.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Carranza76
for a guy who has been actually racing less than two years
Your lack of experience shoots your opinion on anything full of holes.

Can we get back to talking about the car instead of all this childish bickering and brutish behavior?
Old 09-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdwalsh
drove the car straight out of the box last night, mid motor on carpet. car felt great, so smooth, very easy to drive consistently. i could see myself picking up some good qualifiers simply because its so easy to drive quickly.
good to know!

as far as the steering rack... xxxdad I agree. Lets just see how smooth it is and if the geometry is. I haven't put it on the track yet so I can't say much.

Very confident in the new design

Last edited by s.amadorJR; 09-20-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Docrc
Can we get back to talking about the car instead of all this childish bickering and brutish behavior?
Hmm...yes I agree 100%.

I think you all can just agree to disagree and use what works for you. Not everyone is the same nor do they drive the same. What may work for some may not work or feel the same to others. Feel free to share your experiences but don't trash someone else's.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Legend

Coming from someone on the other side ..

I got to examine the steering slider carefully the other day . It was smooth & slop was nil..

Feel Losi has improved the slider's performance quite a bit ...
Old 09-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Hmm...yes I agree 100%.

I think you all can just agree to disagree and use what works for you. Not everyone is the same nor do they drive the same. What may work for some may not work or feel the same to others. Feel free to share your experiences but don't trash someone else's.
Exactly thank you not once have I ever slammed the exotek system I actually praised it and said that the price was fair due to all the machine work. I make a different option that not all will like. It works for me which is why I made it for me then others wanted it to try so I made more. I could care less if I ever sell any I love this hobby and I find great fun in tinkering making pieces. And fyi xxxdad gets nothing for what he has posted about my product.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

mbtool, are you going to update the design of your slider for the new ackerman and geometry on the 2.0?
Old 09-20-2013, 01:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

is there a pic of Dakota's car at the nat's with bell cranks?
Old 09-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
mbtool, are you going to update the design of your slider for the new ackerman and geometry on the 2.0?
The video he posted had his custom rack installed on the 2.0. I'm not sure if that means he made adjustments for the new geometry, or if the 1.0 rack just happened to work. I only have a 2.0 so I am not too sure what the differences are exactly.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JayL
petitrc.com/setup/losi/setuptwentytwo2.0/222.0_DakotahPhend_Chico2013080811/

The last picture here shows it pretty well. (Sorry, I am too noob to post real URLs)
Old 09-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
http://www.rctech.net/forum/12546722-post1472.html

and he won the national with it...
Dustin Evans used the same as well.

Here's TLR's note on this:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/12430109-post241.html
Originally Posted by Todd Hodge
Hey guys,

I am glad to see all of the excitement on the new 22 2.0. I think once you get the car you will see that we have made vast improvements to the handling. A car that was once overly aggressive now has a much better balance of rear traction and steering. Now onto the rack versus the bell cranks. During our initial testing we found that the rack was fine. It gave the appropriate Ackerman we were looking for, which is why we included it on the 22 2.0. After the worlds warmup we tested bell cranks, which actually give the car less Ackerman. Less Ackerman is when the outside turning tire turns close to the same rate as the inside tire. More Ackerman is when the inside tire turns at a faster rate than the outside. Less Ackerman actually gives the car a better balance on high grip tracks, such as the worlds track we are racing on this weekend. When I say better balance I mean that the less Ackerman actually gives us less steering compared to the rack. Now on lower bite tracks the rack will most likely be better because it will provide more steering. We discovered all of this entirely too late in the project and couldn't design, tool and include it in the vehicle quick enough. We are looking at the design right now and will start soon. We are still learning about this and collecting data on the 22 2.0.
I've put the kyosho parts on, same tlr22 ball stud, seems the ackermann isn't much different front tlr22 1.0's. (about 1mm). And by some observation, there's about 5mm of space to use to create more ackermann.
*it would require some servos to work though, savox 1251 can use it but 1257 can't. TLR will at least need to make a new servo mount to make it official.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pwntology
The video he posted had his custom rack installed on the 2.0. I'm not sure if that means he made adjustments for the new geometry, or if the 1.0 rack just happened to work. I only have a 2.0 so I am not too sure what the differences are exactly.
on the old rack the ball stud was vertical and didnt allow ackerman changes. Now it is horizontal and can be change by adding washers. the shape is slightly different too. And I think the new plastic rack is made of a different self lubricated material. At least the part that bolt onto the front. Frank said something about it many pages back.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I think he designed it off the new 22 2.0 rack.

For clarification I never bad mouthed MB's products I actually almost bought them for the 1.0 until the Exotek rack came out.

But per the vid I am 99% sure he mimicked the 2.0 slider system.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.