Frequency?!?

Old 08-01-2013, 03:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Frequency?!?

I got a buggy but with no transmitter... Will it work if I find a different transmitter but the same frequency?
Old 08-01-2013, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Depends. Is it AM/FM or is it 2.4GHz?
If it's 2.4GHz, you'll need a compatible transmitter to bind it to. If it's AM/FM, you'll need a transmitter that's either AM or FM (depends on the receiver) that's on the same frequency.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:36 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Here is the deal. You have an old car, that isn't hobby grade. Basically it is a toy. If you can't find the exact transmitter that came with the car, odds are it will not work. This forum is for hobby grade equipment. Most of us have thousands and thousands of dollars into our stuff. If you want to have an r/c car that you can actually use and have fun. Do yourself a favor and spend a couple hundred bucks on a new car. Running a car without having parts to support it is no fun. Not to mention your old toy is going to be slow. Sorry if I come off as a jerk. Just speaking the truth, as I have been into hobby grade r/c cars for about 24 years.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:09 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew View Post
Here is the deal. You have an old car, that isn't hobby grade. Basically it is a toy. If you can't find the exact transmitter that came with the car, odds are it will not work. This forum is for hobby grade equipment. Most of us have thousands and thousands of dollars into our stuff. If you want to have an r/c car that you can actually use and have fun. Do yourself a favor and spend a couple hundred bucks on a new car. Running a car without having parts to support it is no fun. Not to mention your old toy is going to be slow. Sorry if I come off as a jerk. Just speaking the truth, as I have been into hobby grade r/c cars for about 24 years.

+1
I think this is the other thread he asked about the same "rc car"!!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...need-help.html
Old 08-02-2013, 06:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Lol.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Please keep all your questions about your car in ONE thread.
You will get better advice as well as being able to find it easier for you.
Look at the motherboard thing, there should be something that has a colored tag or number that corresponds to the info in the manual. You can buy a transmitter but it will cost far more than the car is worth. Or just search all the thrift stores for a toy grade transmitter.
I would follow the suggestion of thinking about saving a few bucks and getting an entry level "hobby grade" rc. You will able to get parts and service and upgrades and all that.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew View Post
I've only been in this hobby since the start of this year. I couldn't agree more with what you have said.

I've sunk no less than $4000 into the hobby this year and it's been worth every single red cent.