Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy >

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Old 08-13-2015, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wittyname
If you use the turnbuckle dimensions in the manual , and the washer / shim arrangement in the manual for the hinge pins, do you end up with the silver dollar set up in the back of the book , or something else ?
Also curious about this.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drtdawg
I lost the c-clip that holds the outer bearing in. in the rear gearbox the parts diagram shows I have to buy the gear set to get this clip. anybody know what size this is and if I can buy it without gear set........
I picked up a gearbox shim set 112963, there were 4 of them in there... although any pics of the shim set do not show that...
Old 08-14-2015, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Shock Build Question

I am starting to build my D413. This is the second car I have built so please don't flame me if this is a stupid question.

Before I started to build the shocks I went out to Ty's website and watched the video of his father building 1/8 scale shocks. I attempted to build my D413 shocks the same way. After a couple attempts (could not keep the shocks from rebounding) I hoped over here and realized that the shock cap hole actually needs to be drilled. I also realized that the build video on Ty's site appears to be a combination of bladder and emulsion.

Has anyone used Ty's 1/8th scale shock build method on their D413? what are the pro/con of each type?

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2015, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You can use it as guidance, but I would build the 413 shocks emulsion style. Mine have been this way since October and the car feels better with them IMO and based on my driving style.

Yes you'll need to drill small hole in cap where there's a screw hole at. When I build mine I put oil to top of shock and then slowly screw the top on about half way down, and slide shock shaft up so it bleeds out the small hole, finish screwing top down and then tighten small screw into bleed hole.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:21 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks I was not paying 35.00 for the gear set shims are much cheaper
Old 08-14-2015, 03:18 PM
Dal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

SHOCK STYLES.
BLADDER VERSE EMULSION.

does anyone actually know what difference it all makes,
I see people stating "i tried it, its good" but no explanation.
I ask because i dont know, so any info would be great.
I guess emulsion, needs the shocks to be pumped up/down before each race to get the bubbles consistant in the shock, but how is it better?
Old 08-14-2015, 06:32 PM
MiQ
Tech Initiate

I checked from setup sheets "glued arms". So I taked some tireglue and filled all the empty space under the plate. Then I thought that does it actually mean that you just gently glue the plate into the arm and not fill it?
Old 08-14-2015, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Dal
SHOCK STYLES.
BLADDER VERSE EMULSION.

I guess emulsion, needs the shocks to be pumped up/down before each race to get the bubbles consistant in the shock, but how is it better?
In a bladder shock, shock oil cannot compress or expand, so for the piston to move up or down at all oil must flow through the piston. With an emulsion shock, there is air on either side of the piston that can compress and expand allowing the piston to move without any oil passing through the piston. This allows emulsion shocks to react more quickly to small/sharp impacts and is why many people prefer how they feel on 10th scale cars. However, bladder shocks are more consistent from the start of a run to the end and is why they are favored in 8th scale vehicles where consistency over an hour long main is key.

Last edited by Krio; 08-14-2015 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:29 PM
Dal
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Krio
In a bladder shock, shock oil cannot compress or expand, so for the piston to move up or down at all oil must flow through the piston. With an emulsion shock, there is air on either side of the piston that can compress and expend allowing the piston to move without any oil passing through the piston. This allows emulsion shocks to react more quickly to small/sharp impacts and is why many people prefer how they feel on 10th scale cars. However, bladder shocks are more consistent from the start of a run to the end and is why they are favored in 8th scale vehicles where consistency over an hour long main is key.
great explanation,thanks, might have to test it now, dam it.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan.J
I have the VRP 2 hole 1.6 and 1.7 pistons/traxxas X rings and the HB aluminum shock caps coming. What is the best way to set these shocks up for indoor clay, bladder/emulsion? Going to start with Ty's setup that allot are running and the sheet says "No bladders" So what seals the caps? Just want to make sure I have what I need and am not lost when I go to do it. Thanks
The VRP site has the shock oil he recommends and work great on indoor clay. I believe its 37.5 front, 35 rear. Cell em up.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bladeys
The upgrade did take the slop out but the ball cups were tight a popped off easily if I even tapped anything until they broke in. Probably should use the Xray cups also. Has anyone used the Xray cups? Part #. Thanks
I installed the Xray cups works as should.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bladeys
The VRP site has the shock oil he recommends and work great on indoor clay. I believe its 37.5 front, 35 rear. Cell em up.
Thanks, I will check into it.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MiQ
I checked from setup sheets "glued arms". So I taked some tireglue and filled all the empty space under the plate. Then I thought that does it actually mean that you just gently glue the plate into the arm and not fill it?
This post is filled with awesome !
Old 08-17-2015, 08:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dal
SHOCK STYLES.
BLADDER VERSE EMULSION.

You can find some scientific data regarding emulsion versus bladders here: Has some hard numbers to back up the testing as well.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...t-results.html
Old 08-18-2015, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MiQ
They are just talking about gluing the stiffener plates to the arms and then screwing them in also for less flexibility.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.