Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

My car seems to want to wheelie when you get on power has anyone else had this issue or found a fix for it? I'm running 7/100/3 then tried 10/80/5 with same result
Old 08-02-2015, 07:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kenny lutz
My car seems to want to wheelie when you get on power has anyone else had this issue or found a fix for it? I'm running 7/100/3 then tried 10/80/5 with same result
My car does this on occasion, i switched the wing to the low position and it seems to help. But i also thought of moving the receiver up front.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does it wheelie over? I run slicks on a high grip clay track and mine will wheelie a little, but the center diff prevents it from wheelying over. I run 100k in my center diff too. Maybe try to be a little less aggressive on the trigger. If your car doesn't wheelie over is it really that much of a problem?
Old 08-02-2015, 07:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan
Does it wheelie over? I run slicks on a high grip clay track and mine will wheelie a little, but the center diff prevents it from wheelying over. I run 100k in my center diff too. Maybe try to be a little less aggressive on the trigger. If your car doesn't wheelie over is it really that much of a problem?
My has a few times on landing ramps after a jump. Medium bite to loose traction clay out door track. Running J concepts flip outs.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Care to say what track it is that you race at?
Old 08-02-2015, 11:26 PM
Tech Adept

You could also try increasing the antisquat.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bladeys
The upgrade did take the slop out but the ball cups were tight a popped off easily if I even tapped anything until they broke in. Probably should use the Xray cups also. Has anyone used the Xray cups? Part #. Thanks
Same question here, im working on the slop and´ll order the xray ball ends, but have no idea how it´ll work with the xray cups vs. HB Cups.
Part# would be awesome, thx!
Old 08-03-2015, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

A lot of the 413 owners at our track use the B5M Ball Cups and Ball studs and have been working great. Plus there's a lot more LHS that carry AE B5 items too, so they are easier to find.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snwchris
A lot of the 413 owners at our track use the B5M Ball Cups and Ball studs and have been working great. Plus there's a lot more LHS that carry AE B5 items too, so they are easier to find.
What are they using for the rear hub carrier? I've snapped a couple outer camber link ends(the captured one, my fault) but would to switch to a more readily available style. I like the B5 option.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Still using the stock HB Rear hub and rear link and HB ball cups. With the hub mounting point being smaller I haven't found one to fit or work yet.

The B5M Ball Cup and Studs were mainly to get rid of the slop up front in the steering.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

It will stand completely up if i don't let off the throttle to keep it from happening. it does create a issue because there is a couple places where you need to be on the gas hard and I'm not able to do that because it will wheelie and i have no control over the front to set up for the corner.i went to 80 center and it made it a little better but the car drives horrible so im going back to the 7/100/3
Old 08-03-2015, 07:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Still using the stock HB Rear hub and rear link and HB ball cups. With the hub mounting point being smaller I haven't found one to fit or work yet.

The B5M Ball Cup and Studs were mainly to get rid of the slop up front in the steering.
Gotcha. Not saying they are necessary by any means but I'm surprised exotek or Revolution hasn't made an aluminum hub carrier with maybe a TLR style top with multiple ballstud locations. However it is nice not popping a ballcup if you land a little sideways off of a jump.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok, thanks for the info!
cheers
Old 08-03-2015, 09:34 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It will stand completely up if i don't let off the throttle to keep it from happening. it does create a issue because there is a couple places where you need to be on the gas hard and I'm not able to do that because it will wheelie and i have no control over the front to set up for the corner.i went to 80 center and it made it a little better but the car drives horrible so im going back to the 7/100/3
What turn motor are you running? Like it was posted earlier try more rear anti-squat. Also, try less front droop. Less droop will transfer less weight to the rear on throttle. Check to make sure your center diff is working correctly. How much fluid are you running in the diffs? I guess if you are filling them too full it could be causing it to hydro lock.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:07 AM
Tech Addict

What turn motor are you running? Like it was posted earlier try more rear anti-squat. Also, try less front droop. Less droop will transfer less weight to the rear on throttle. Check to make sure your center diff is working correctly. How much fluid are you running in the diffs? I guess if you are filling them too full it could be causing it to hydro lock.
I run them full just like ty builds them. The 80 helped the issue but it hurt the handling everywhere else so I know the diff is working correctly. I'm going to try more anti squat to start as that's what I was thinking. ill go from 1 to 2 and see what that does then play with droop some if I still have the issue. It has a 6.5 in it but it is way faster then any other car at the track so I'm going to go to a 7.5. My 6.5 feels like a 5.5 compared to my 22-4 or zx6 so I think that might be part of it as well. So hopefully those too changes will fix the issue I'm having.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.