Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Depends on your track racing at...
Did you build it per the book or some ones setup sheet?? I know a lot of people did not like the box setup from the manual, most people in my area started with the Reedy setup since it made it easy and fun to drive and could really push the car.

As for pistons the 2x1.6 fronts and 2x1.7 rear were very popular and made the car feel great. Others ran the stock pistons and liked them. It depends on your driving style and the track. I started with the stock 3 holes to get a baseline race in, then next week switched to the 2 hole ones I made myself from the blanks. The 2holes were a big improvement.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:45 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cripplethreat
I completed my build last night but I haven't done my shocks yet due to I don't know what the conversion for shock oil is.

What is a good starting spot for oil and pistons for the car? The book says 500# front and rear but I don't know what that equals in Losi oil

Any help would rule?
A lot of progress has been made with setups since the kit manual was put together. If you are good at knowing when to make a change and why then you can start with the kit setup and make changes that you feel are necessary, or you could look on Ty Tessmans site and find a setup that is for similar conditions to where you're going to run, and start there. If you are not really good with knowing what change to make and why, then I would highly recommend starting with a different setup. I'm even starting with the Gun Smoke setup, but that's mainly to save me the time and effort. I usually start with the kit setup, and make the changes that I feel are needed, but with a kit setup that is so far off, I know it would be a bunch of time and effort to get it right. Much easier to start with a base setup that matches the description of where you run, and then make some changes from there.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

I completed my build last night but I haven't done my shocks yet due to I don't know what the conversion for shock oil is.

What is a good starting spot for oil and pistons for the car? The book says 500# front and rear but I don't know what that equals in Losi oil

Any help would rule?
PTRC did a cst test on losi oils. losi 35wt matched the closest to 500cst.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snwchris
Depends on your track racing at...
Did you build it per the book or some ones setup sheet?? I know a lot of people did not like the box setup from the manual, most people in my area started with the Reedy setup since it made it easy and fun to drive and could really push the car.

As for pistons the 2x1.6 fronts and 2x1.7 rear were very popular and made the car feel great. Others ran the stock pistons and liked them. It depends on your driving style and the track. I started with the stock 3 holes to get a baseline race in, then next week switched to the 2 hole ones I made myself from the blanks. The 2holes were a big improvement.
Thanks for the info! I asked a local fast guy what he runs and he runs those pistons and he told me what sway bars and oils to start out with. Thanks for all the help! RcShox have been ordered
Old 05-16-2015, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snwchris
Yea there is some steering slop if that what your talking about, it doesn't bother me and haven't noticed any effects during racing. I think if you search Youtube for D413 slop or steering issue, you might see a couple videos... let us know if that's what you mean
Thanks mate will check it out,doesn't bother me just seem's to be a lot looser than the other 4wd buggies that i run.The orion r10 comes sometime this week and have two motors to play with a 13.5 and a 5.5 then a bit of solder and she's on the track.She looks a beauty really happy with the build and the part's are second to none,just have a feeling she will be my favorite 4wd
Old 05-17-2015, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It ended up working out just fine, however, I can't help but think that the RSX by teking would be just a bit more appropriate!
Originally Posted by Sofa King
The RX8 is overkill... but should work fine if you can fit it in. As far as balance, don't even worry about it... the plastic case RX8 is not much heavier than a full aluminum case 1/10th scale ESC and cap. RX8 listed as 76.5 grams, the Viper VTX10R BE (which I run) is listed as 75 grams = no difference.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

these look like they're scarce again. fortunately i have a spare, but of course i'll be looking for another one after i install the one i have.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Got the first race under m belt yesterday. All i can say is wow coming from a 44.1 this baby rocks set it up on some of tessmans setup. Tq and won at a club race.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

looking at other peoples set up sheets I see that the wing can be set to different heights... There is nothing on the first page about this and nothing in the book.. Can someone explain this to me?

Sorry if it's a dumb question
Old 05-18-2015, 07:00 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

You can flip the wing mounts upside down and the mount the wing on the bottom. Not a dumb question.

My son is a pretty dang good driver but he has been cracking the inside of his front rims. Both his Prolines and the stock rims have done this. Both of them seem ridiculously flexible on the inside of the rim. Has anyone had experience with other rims that don't crack and flex quite as easily?
Old 05-18-2015, 07:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

my aka evo wheels have been lasting.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:05 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

looking at other peoples set up sheets I see that the wing can be set to different heights... There is nothing on the first page about this and nothing in the book.. Can someone explain this to me?

The info is on the first page, near the bottom of the first post.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

I've been running and using the HB and the colored DE racing wheels and they have been fine, no issues with cracking.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T. Deguzman View Post
it's a built in feature - you can run the mounts in a high or low wing configuration. high wing is more stable on the ground. low wing is more stable in the air during high wind conditions. it was very windy at the worlds coupled with some big jumps.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

I've had good luck withe AKA Evo rims as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.