Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 07:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan
Why is it that some people have such problems with my posts, and must resort to name calling?

My post is clear, answers the question correctly, and isn't insulting or mean spirited. Do people just not want to hear the right answers?
Because you keep giving the same jerk move responses in every thread you post on? You don't come off as remotely friendly, so that is why. You did ask... answered, and you didn't even have to look at the first page of the thread
Old 05-11-2015, 07:37 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Because you keep giving the same jerk move responses in every thread you post on? You don't come off as remotely friendly, so that is why. You did ask... answered, and you didn't even have to look at the first page of the thread
What makes my responses a "Jerk move"? And the thing about not having to look at the first page made me laugh.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

come on ladies put your purses down and lets get back to the topic of helping each other get the most out of our investment....

So let me ask if what line of springs are people using on an outdoor some what loamy track with a couple of quads and doudbles?
Old 05-11-2015, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
come on ladies put your purses down and lets get back to the topic of helping each other get the most out of our investment....

So let me ask if what line of springs are people using on an outdoor some what loamy track with a couple of quads and doudbles?
Check the first post duh
Old 05-11-2015, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I need some help I was I'm in the middle of picking a buggy.

Anyone have any input on the pros and cons of this Buggy

Here is what I have so far:

HB D413 Pros
Tough
Comes with Center diff already
The Designer answers question on RCtech
Not many updates
Not many Setup changes simple
Don’t need Hop-ups needed

------------------------------
HB D413 Cons

Hard to get parts.
Have to have parts on hand
Not many updates
Need Aluminum Shock caps
Not many setup changes

Thank you all
Old 05-11-2015, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mvrk28
Check the first post duh
i will assume you are just being an ass!
Old 05-11-2015, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This past weekend was first time outdoors with it, I'm running the HB Reds Front and HB Gold Rear. I'm still on the original Reedy setup from TY and so far liked how it handled.

The biggest change I made this weekend was changing the rear shock oil from 30 wt Losi to 35wt Losi
Old 05-11-2015, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

i will assume you are just being an ass!
Hahaha sorry I had to seize the opportunity. I ran on an outdoor track with this car once, I ran Proline VTR wheels with M4 compound suburbs in the rear and transistors in the front. I ran the kit springs with VRP 2 hole 1.6 x pistons front and rear. I believe I ran my oil somewhere around 40 front 30/rear and it was dialed. Track conditons were loam with a loose layer on top. Motor was a 10.5 geared at 21/72.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

As for giving tire suggestions or people asking... maybe some are running for first time or first time outdoors and looking for a possible starting point. Gawwd forbid we try helping or sharing info... last time I checked that's kindof the point of the thread is to help and share info or our findings for the great buggy.

Yea tires could be different from track to track, but if someones asking for a starting point I'll try to help them.

If needed I'll see if I can find the video of the track we ran at and post up, so if others have a big loamy track it gives them an idea.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Motorman007

HB D413 Pros
Tough
Not many updates

HB D413 Cons

Hard to get parts.
Not many updates
Need Aluminum Shock caps
Not many setup changes

Thank you all
One more pro you forgot, it's kicks every other 4wd buggy's tail.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snwchris
This past weekend was first time outdoors with it, I'm running the HB Reds Front and HB Gold Rear. I'm still on the original Reedy setup from TY and so far liked how it handled.

The biggest change I made this weekend was changing the rear shock oil from 30 wt Losi to 35wt Losi
Originally Posted by mvrk28
Hahaha sorry I had to seize the opportunity. I ran on an outdoor track with this car once, I ran Proline VTR wheels with M4 compound suburbs in the rear and transistors in the front. I ran the kit springs with VRP 2 hole 1.6 x pistons front and rear. I believe I ran my oil somewhere around 40 front 30/rear and it was dialed. Track conditons were loam with a loose layer on top. Motor was a 10.5 geared at 21/72.

LoL - i was being funny.... no but serious if i dont need the full line up of springs i'd rather not grab them all...

im running double dee's in the am and by the late afternoon i switch down to burbs or handlebars....

Im going to go up to 40 in the front 37.5 in the rear since at this time im running the stock pistons...
Old 05-11-2015, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Motorman007

HB D413 Pros
Tough
Not many updates
HB D413 Cons
Hard to get parts.
Not many updates
Need Aluminum Shock caps
Not many setup changes

Thank you all
You really don't need Alum Shock caps... I'm still on the stocks ones from last September.

Yes, some parts are hard to find right now, depending on what parts are needed. I was lucky enough to find parts at another online store when the typical Amain or Tower didn't have them.

The car flat out performs and performs well.
I like that my one setup so far works at 3 different tracks, that's a huge plus in my book.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan
Why is it that some people have such problems with my posts, and must resort to name calling?

My post is clear, answers the question correctly, and isn't insulting or mean spirited. Do people just not want to hear the right answers?
I think you can be abrasive without necessarily meaning to be. I have the same problem and have to be careful so that a post that I see as a matter of fact response doesn't rub someone the wrong way. Even being aware of it I don't always succeed at that.

There is nothing wrong with telling people to read the first post in the thread. I usually try to answer the question at the same time I mention the first post or the manual having the answer. Just comes off as much more polite. And if it bothers you to answer frequently asked questions, why respond to them at all?

-Chris
Old 05-11-2015, 08:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by snwchris
You really don't need Alum Shock caps... I'm still on the stocks ones from last September.
I generally agree with your responses but pretty strongly disagree on this one. I believe the aluminum shock caps are a needed upgrade but only on the front.

The biggest problem I had with my D413 was the shocks popping off the front tower. And the more it happens, the more it happens. Then that was turning into frequently breaking the shock eyelets where they mount to the arm. Since I added the aluminum shock caps on the front this problem seems to be gone.

The one other D413 at our track has had the same problem. I had to give him my last spare shock eyelet last race so he could continue racing.

-Chris

Last edited by iScream; 05-11-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by dblhelx
So is a 5.5t too much? Lol
A 5.5 is pushing the limits pretty hard, in my opinion. But it will depend a lot on your driving experience and track size. I'm running a 10.5 on our 50' X 80' indoor track and I think it's plenty of motor for my driving skill and our track layout.

While having killer power available can be fun, it can also be really harmful when it comes to being competitive in races.

-Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.