Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy >

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Old 03-30-2015, 04:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyD
Ok so I'm going to go tell all my family I love them and I'll see them on the other side. All of this apologizing, is the world ending and no one cared to let us all know?
Sorry about that.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Me too :-)
Old 03-30-2015, 04:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

check these out. way cheaper than HB

http://www.avidrc.com/product/5/acce...cessories.html
Old 03-30-2015, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971

Two questions, first is there a measurable difference in arm stiffness between glued plastic and screwed in carbon? Not sure if I could bring myself to glue carbon inserts in.

Second, has anyone found any other brand camber link ends that are captured like the two outside rears? I know it's driver error but I've been through 3 of them in a fairly short time. I'm just wondering that way if I get in a pinch I could throw them on. Plus if you look at the stock ones they are pretty flimsy from the get go. I've looked at traxxas captured ends but they are too thick. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Two questions, first is there a measurable difference in arm stiffness between glued plastic and screwed in carbon? Not sure if I could bring myself to glue carbon inserts in.

Second, has anyone found any other brand camber link ends that are captured like the two outside rears? I know it's driver error but I've been through 3 of them in a fairly short time. I'm just wondering that way if I get in a pinch I could throw them on. Plus if you look at the stock ones they are pretty flimsy from the get go. I've looked at traxxas captured ends but they are too thick. Thanks.
I believe serpent srx 2wd mm uses captured camber link ends.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

A little work but you won't break another oitside rear link end. Scuff up the little divot on each side where it breaks and clean with alcohol. Take CF plate and scrape the edge with a razor blade to make CF powder. Put some powder in the divot and add a drop of CA. Let it dry (no accelerator) and file any lumps that may interfere with the hub. Through testing ...I'm 100% confident it works
Old 03-30-2015, 05:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

yeah, the carbon inserts stiffen it up a lot. you would need to try it unglued to see if you like it. I dont know your traction levels. but gluing the inserts in does add more stiffness.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

yeah, the carbon inserts stiffen it up a lot. you would need to try it unglued to see if you like it. I dont know your traction levels. but gluing the inserts in does add more stiffness.
I run the fronts glued plastic right now. Not sure if i really notice a difference, believe me though, definitely my lack of skill not that glueing them in didn't make them stiffer.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by turtle189
I believe serpent srx 2wd mm uses captured camber link ends.
serpent? I'm trying to find a more readily available part, not harder to find. just playin, thanks.

Im going to try the carbon powder trick.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bhambrent
Damn now I want new tires and ice cream.
Me too!

Just peeled a glued carbon insert... had to cut away some plastic from the arm to get it started. Once it was out, I used a razor blade to scrape all the glue off... it's now ready to glue into another arm! Moral of the story... don't feel bad about gluing the carbon inserts, they are still reusable.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sofa King
Me too!

Just peeled a glued carbon insert... had to cut away some plastic from the arm to get it started. Once it was out, I used a razor blade to scrape all the glue off... it's now ready to glue into another arm! Moral of the story... don't feel bad about gluing the carbon inserts, they are still reusable.
That is good to know I was wanting to glue mine.so does this mean you broke a Front arm?
Old 03-31-2015, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitro2be
That is good to know I was wanting to glue mine.so does this mean you broke a Front arm?
Well, yes (sort of) finally after nearly a year... Our recent track has a chicane with a sharp pipe that can catch cars if too close. I caught it with the rear tire and it just pulled the hub off of the arm, the plastic of the arm flexed enough for the hinge pin to come out. I put it back together and ran for several weeks, then it happened again (same place) and I put back together and ran a few more weeks. Finally the third time it happened, it started to tear some of the plastic away... I could have continued to run it, but decided to replace it (and I was curious to see if the CF plate could be recovered). I also have a set of outer hinge pins from another car that uses e-clips that I thought about using, as they would not allow the arm to spread... perhaps a nutted outer hinge pin would be good.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Cheaper still all 4pcs and include screws.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HB-D413-Grap.../161642733826?

I've ordered 2 sets of these and they are good quality and perfect fit.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:57 AM
ISH
Tech Adept

i haven't purchased the exotek center diff aluminum cover/spur gear yet but after reading some of the feed back on here i was a little skeptical. last night i took a look at one of the diff covers and spurs and i could visually see some inconsistencies in the teeth of the spur gear seems that these would be enough to cause some issues. maybe exotek had a bad batch of these?

i haven't had any problems with the stock covers so i will continue to run those for now.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sofa King
Well, yes (sort of) finally after nearly a year... Our recent track has a chicane with a sharp pipe that can catch cars if too close. I caught it with the rear tire and it just pulled the hub off of the arm, the plastic of the arm flexed enough for the hinge pin to come out. I put it back together and ran for several weeks, then it happened again (same place) and I put back together and ran a few more weeks. Finally the third time it happened, it started to tear some of the plastic away... I could have continued to run it, but decided to replace it (and I was curious to see if the CF plate could be recovered). I also have a set of outer hinge pins from another car that uses e-clips that I thought about using, as they would not allow the arm to spread... perhaps a nutted outer hinge pin would be good.
So the arm just stretched out of shape.thats great, I love these arms. I prefer a few cents for screws over arms any day .thanks I'll be gluing my CF inserts this week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.