Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy >

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Old 02-24-2015, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

So i tried every O and X-rings on the planet and i can't build my shocks so they dont rebound after only 2 hours of racing. Anyone know if i can use shocks from another brand ? Kyosho is to small i guess, but is there anybody else making shocks long enough ?
Old 02-24-2015, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Sorry but are you building them with a bladder or emulsion style?
Old 02-24-2015, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan
I've been into this hobby for nearly 25 years, I don't do dumb things. If you have some friends that race SCT and know how to drive then that is great. That is usually not the case with guys that race SCT. Their durability and closed wheel design fosters a drive through everyone style. A little bit of bumping is fine, but guys that started out with SCT take it too far. They try to race with you in practice when you're clearly faster and drive through you when you get near them. I practice with purpose, so I don't want people that don't know how to control their 6lb over powered missiles to screw that up.
How about a cheeseburger and some french cries? Seriously? 6lb over powered missile? Give me a break. I run SCT and I manage to run my lines, "with purpose," and don't have any issues with buggies. And when I run my D413 I can do the same thing and not have issues with SCT's. I am a good enough driver to outdrive an SCT with my D413, as well as not to plow buggies with my SCT. It is pretty easy, SCT's don't corner as well as our wheelers do, so when they leave that inside lane open in a corner, take it and go past them. It actually makes you a better racer to run with the SCT's. It teaches you to use the whole track while avoiding pile ups.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
I hear what you're saying..Most of the time I don't have an issue with SCT. When i do have an issue though and they drive though me.. I give it a touch of time to see if they say "sorry" etc..is it a group of drivers just banging bars and running over people in the process...if so i try to time my batteries so the track time is different.

I will say though...there has been a few times where i was getting ran though all the time and couldn't stay away from it..No matter what i did...so i said to myself...you want to bang bars...alright...hung up the 10th scale buggies and ran my 1/8 scale the rest of the day. And it was just beautiful.

I had more punts that day then the Texas Tech game in 1939.
I was getting a little practice with my 4WD SCT Sunday before racing it for the first time. Some guy with a Slash stopped on the straight and I ran into the back of him. Didn't break either of us but apparently it made him mad cause he started waiting for me at different points on the track and trying to crash into me.

I just kind of chuckled and didn't acknowledge him. I don't think he had any idea he was trying to smack into a Tekno SCT410, which is basically an 8th scale buggy with shorter arms and smaller battery/motor.

I try pretty hard to not break other cars, especially when I'm practicing with something like my SCT alongside box stock Slashes and 2WD buggies. But it's not easy to spot people stopped in bad places when it's the first time I have the new truck on a track and I'm trying to watch what it's doing.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:21 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mvrk28
How about a cheeseburger and some french cries? Seriously? 6lb over powered missile? Give me a break. I run SCT and I manage to run my lines, "with purpose," and don't have any issues with buggies. And when I run my D413 I can do the same thing and not have issues with SCT's. I am a good enough driver to outdrive an SCT with my D413, as well as not to plow buggies with my SCT. It is pretty easy, SCT's don't corner as well as our wheelers do, so when they leave that inside lane open in a corner, take it and go past them. It actually makes you a better racer to run with the SCT's. It teaches you to use the whole track while avoiding pile ups.
I'm not saying everyone that runs a SCT doesn't know how to drive, but the majority of the people that are bad drivers do run SCT.

On a more thread specific note, my D413 is coming together nicely. I got all my carbon fiber sanded and sealed. As I'm getting it back to the level of assembly at which I received the car I've been converting all of the setup stuff to the Gunsmoke setup. My cars first runs will be at a new track that is opening next month, so I want to start with a recent setup that is for a medium bite surface.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iScream
I was getting a little practice with my 4WD SCT Sunday before racing it for the first time. Some guy with a Slash stopped on the straight and I ran into the back of him. Didn't break either of us but apparently it made him mad cause he started waiting for me at different points on the track and trying to crash into me.

I just kind of chuckled and didn't acknowledge him. I don't think he had any idea he was trying to smack into a Tekno SCT410, which is basically an 8th scale buggy with shorter arms and smaller battery/motor.

I try pretty hard to not break other cars, especially when I'm practicing with something like my SCT alongside box stock Slashes and 2WD buggies. But it's not easy to spot people stopped in bad places when it's the first time I have the new truck on a track and I'm trying to watch what it's doing.
Well...Did the guy call out the straightaway? If he did that's your bad...if not then what is anyone suppose to do? Cant look that far ahead and drive consistently. Plus things like that happen...and thats ok...no biggie..

It takes ALOT of being driven over for me to break out the 1/8 scale and bang some bars...i mean ALOT...Plus I would never go after anyone...I just run my lines and enjoy the peace of mind the 1/8 gives me.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:52 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Valid points from both sides. Lets get it back on D413's though....or D415's, or D213's...
Old 02-24-2015, 04:00 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boudin4evr
are you using tapered or flat pistons? I'm assuming they are the tapered pistons
They are the Flat pistons. Tapered if the track got really rough and blown out.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
Well...Did the guy call out the straightaway? If he did that's your bad...if not then what is anyone suppose to do? Cant look that far ahead and drive consistently. Plus things like that happen...and thats ok...no biggie..

It takes ALOT of being driven over for me to break out the 1/8 scale and bang some bars...i mean ALOT...Plus I would never go after anyone...I just run my lines and enjoy the peace of mind the 1/8 gives me.
No, he didn't or at least I didn't hear anything. This is a brand new track and we have a pretty big novice class. We have 1.5 hours to practice before racing starts and there just isn't a time when at least 3 or 4 of the novice drivers aren't on the track.

It's not like I have huge experience as I just got back into surface RC in April of last year. But at this point I can run good clean laps when I try.

The really hard thing is trying to practice on the outdoor track with my 10 pound big motored truggy. I don't want to destroy someones 10th scale buggy or stadium truck so I try to let them get about half way around before I start hammering. I've bumped into a few but never hard enough to do any damage.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by bds81175
Valid points from both sides. Lets get it back on D413's though....or D415's, or D213's...
Will do.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

this thread needs some pics !
Old 02-24-2015, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mvrk28
+1
Old 02-24-2015, 05:56 PM
YoG
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MISSING REPORT

Have you seen ME I've been MISSING since Early JANUARY.
Reward if Found!!
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-hbs112773_1.jpeg  
Old 02-24-2015, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by werner sline
this thread needs some pics !
here you go

Schelle +4 chassis
Rc screws Kit
Lundsford Turnbuckles
Lundsford B5 quick change shock mounts

Old 02-24-2015, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skyline1015
here you go

Schelle +4 chassis
Rc screws Kit
Lundsford Turnbuckles
Lundsford B5 quick change shock mounts

]
What's your impressions on the Schelle chassis? What type of track do you run on and what was setup like compared to stock chassis?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.