Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

which is the better chassis to get the avid or the schelle chassis for racing on indoor clay tight track im trying to figure out which one to order to get the car to handle better. thanks for help
Old 12-16-2014, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yzracer758
The VRP's have been working very well.
Agreed.... I'm running 1.6 front and rear....couldn't be happier..
Old 12-16-2014, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER
which is the better chassis to get the avid or the schelle chassis for racing on indoor clay tight track im trying to figure out which one to order to get the car to handle better. thanks for help
My 2 cents... Even though I haven't run either of the chassis mentioned above, I will say based off of MY experience for tight smaller indoor clay tracks I would want a chassis that flexes more. I would think that the stock graphite chassis would be better in this case. I have an RB6 with factory aluminum chassis and I am trying to get more flex out of it so it digs into corners. For higher traction, larger tracks it would be a different story and opt for stiffer.

Remember having a DEX210 last year where the first thing many did was ditch the aluminum chassis for the optional plastic chassis as a tuning option for smaller technical tracks. Worked well as advertised.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pags30805
kit came in today, which pistons is everyone running for the 2x1.6 and 2x1.7? is it the VRPs or stock blanks drilled out?
I have tried drilling blanks to 2x1.6 and 2x1.7 (37.5 and 32.5). Too soft for me. Then 3x1.3 all around, much better. Then RC Shox, 2x1.6 and 2x1.7. This was better with the same oils as the blanks as I think the pistons are thicker so they made the oil seem thicker. Finally VRP 2 x 1.6 all around, same oils. This is the best combination. I am on medium to medium high traction on smaller to large indoor tracks. All are pretty smooth and this is my go to shock package now. I really like the VRP pistons.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Where can you get these vrp pistons?
Old 12-16-2014, 07:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pags30805
kit came in today, which pistons is everyone running for the 2x1.6 and 2x1.7? is it the VRPs or stock blanks drilled out?
I use the rcshox pistons. having a rubber "flap" does not seem idea to me.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
Where can you get these vrp pistons?
http://visionracingproducts.com/Hot-Bodies-D413_c5.htm
Old 12-16-2014, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Definitely need to go up in shock oil, I would think. In the 60-80wt range probably. As for springs, not sure. Look into the heaviest AE big bore buggy springs. Not sure if Durango big bore springs will fit or not, but if they do, look into the heavier white series springs. What springs are ppl using on other brands of 4wd buggies running at your track? See if those brands of springs will fit your shocks.
I plan to stiffen up my oils. I'm currently running the stiffest AE springs they make. Yellow/orange
Old 12-16-2014, 11:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default need more steering.

Guys, thought I'd post a race report here for fun and comparison.

So like many of you i've been trying to get this car to the top of the podium. I run at Trackside Hobbies, here is a video of our current layout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUubskylxSg.

So today I got the car to the top, but it was just luck in that the illustrious Scotty Ernst who was chasing me and had the faster car made mistakes and I capitalized. Was kinda cool to beat a field of associated and TLR cars with the only HB car in the midwest lol.

I've been trying to get more steering out of this car for WEEKS, and Ty's Nats setup did the trick. The car was MUCH better. If you run on a similar track I would highly recomend it. I tried one change at a time (starting from his reedy race setup transitioning to nats setup), The biggest difference was flattening out the front kickup , shortening up the wheelbase, and adding the front copper swaybar to get back a bit of stability. Car drove much flatter and smoother, gained about 3/10ths or more right there per lap.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/hotbodi...coa2014081914/

Now here is the bad news: The car still does not turn anywhere near as sharp as Scotty's B44.3 , and my friends TLR 22-4.. lol.. the way that thing turns is like cheating. I almost feel like something is broke with my servo.. its that bad. Has anyone been struggling with this car around hairpin turns at low speeds?

I tried thinner oils in front, no-servo saver, stiffer swaybars in rear, no sway bars vs golds in front. Different tires, rideheight.. the works. Just can not get this car to turn. im sort of at a loss. The only thing at this point for me to try is a different servo.

Anyway, Im just kind of at a loss right now , running out of stuff to try. Im kinda thinking im not alone in this problem. Even if you look at TY's setups from his earliest ones to the most recent, you'll see most of the changes he's making is to try to get more steering out of the car. So I feel like maybe there is a fundamental issue here. Any ideas? Car is dialed everywhere else EXCEPT these 180 hairpins. Mabey there is a steering ackerman issue? who knows.. totally clueless.

Last edited by Anupam Das; 12-16-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yzracer758
The VRP's have been working very well.
Which vrp piston, taper or standard?
Old 12-17-2014, 12:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anupam Das

So like many of you i've been trying to get this car to the top of the podium. I run at Trackside Hobbies, here is a video of our current layout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUubskylxSg.

So today I got the car to the top, but it was just luck in that the illustrious Scotty Ernst who was chasing me and had the faster car made mistakes and I capitalized. Was kinda cool to beat a field of associated and TLR cars with the only HB car in the midwest lol.

I've been trying to get more steering out of this car for WEEKS, and Ty's Nats setup did the trick. The car was MUCH better. If you run on a similar track I would highly recomend it. I tried one change at a time (starting from his reedy race setup transitioning to nats setup), The biggest difference was flattening out the front kickup , shortening up the wheelbase, and adding the front copper swaybar to get back a bit of stability. Car drove much flatter and smoother, gained about 3/10ths or more right there per lap.

Now here is the bad news: The car still does not turn anywhere near as sharp as Scotty's B44.3 , and my friends TLR 22-4.. lol.. the way that thing turns is like cheating. I almost feel like something is broke with my servo.. its that bad. Has anyone been struggling with this car around hairpin turns at low speeds?

I tried thinner oils in front, no-servo saver, stiffer swaybars in rear, no sway bars vs golds in front. Different tires, rideheight.. the works. Just can not get this car to turn. im sort of at a loss. The only thing at this point for me to try is a different servo.

Anyway, Im just kind of at a loss right now , running out of stuff to try. Im kinda thinking im not alone in this problem. Even if you look at TY's setups from his earliest ones to the most recent, you'll see most of the changes he's making is to try to get more steering out of the car. So I feel like maybe there is a fundamental issue here. Any ideas? Car is dialed everywhere else EXCEPT these 180 hairpins. Mabey there is a steering ackerman issue? who knows.. totally clueless.
Have you tried so taking some rear toe out. Go to three degrees maybe?
Old 12-17-2014, 12:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Have you tried so taking some rear toe out. Go to three degrees maybe or heavier rear diff oil
Old 12-17-2014, 04:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I had a similar issue...I added 1.5mm bump steer and it helped
Old 12-17-2014, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hmmm, very interesting, I have a 22-4 and d413 and the d413 turns much sharper in the low speed 180s.... Are you running any forward arm sweep?
Old 12-17-2014, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Are you running the servo saver or a servo arm like ty? That can make steering feel like mush

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.