Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER
im using the ocrc testing setup but the car is very unstable wants to spin out coming out of corners and seems hard to drive its driving me crazy cant figure it out
I ran mine for the first time this weekend and found the rear end to be a bit squirmy on exit running T's Hotrod setup. I removed the forward arm sweep and dropped from 60k to 30k and the car was unreal.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
ok, I am going to be "real" with you. I love the d413. It is a tank beyond what ever you can imagine in your mind. Mostly, because it bends instead of breaking, lol. If you are used to the Kyosho fit/finish, I really think you will not like the d413. Just because it will not be what you are used to. The d413 is a very capable car and Ty spanked Tebo at Nats, but most of the hobbist drivers out there that already own a bunch of Kyosho cars, will probably not like this car. If you want a car you can drive hard and carefree not worrying about breaking, then get the HB. If you want what you are already used to get the Kyosho.
Pretty accurate assessment in my opinion. I have all kyosho cars Rb6 /SC6 / RT6 but choose to run the D413.

ZX6 is really nice but there is no comparison in durablity.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default diff

Originally Posted by symmetricon
I ran mine for the first time this weekend and found the rear end to be a bit squirmy on exit running T's Hotrod setup. I removed the forward arm sweep and dropped from 60k to 30k and the car was unreal.
what do u think made the biggest difference dropping the center diff fluid? im at 100 now. what are ur front and rear at
Old 12-14-2014, 09:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Question about building the shocks. I'm used to building Losi shocks, and after I bleed the Losi shocks, I'll pump them and leave them at full length, and they pull back into the body. From how I learned, it was supposed to do this. When I built my HB shocks, they don't do this. They will stay fully extended. Am I doing something wrong, or worrying about nothing?
Old 12-14-2014, 09:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
I built mine with the Reedy set-up, except for diff fluids. I did go 100k in the center, but wondering why the whole time. What is the purpose of a center diff if we are just going to basically lock it up with molasses? I was able to run my car this weekend and spent most of my time on shock set-up, The car was pretty decent, but I did think the rear end was a bit loose also..
Originally Posted by billdogg
Question about building the shocks. I'm used to building Losi shocks, and after I bleed the Losi shocks, I'll pump them and leave them at full length, and they pull back into the body. From how I learned, it was supposed to do this. When I built my HB shocks, they don't do this. They will stay fully extended. Am I doing something wrong, or worrying about nothing?
Are you building with bladders or emulsion?
Old 12-14-2014, 09:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Another little tip I rec'd from a Team driver is to Ca glue the alumi servo saver sleeve (if using) to the front of the part it mates to. You dont have to glue the inner sleeve so much as the front hex parts on the splined side. It will eventually wear a little play in those parts and cause constant steering trim adjustments..Pictured and circled are the two pieces that I am speaking of.. BE careful that you don't get Ca buildup behind the hex part, as I did the first time. It will cause a lot of hate and discontent and also cost you the price of a new servo saver set. I glued the 2 pieces after they are assembled (the 2nd time)...
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-hbs112755.jpg

Last edited by flame56mx; 12-14-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Emulsion.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by billdogg
Emulsion.
Sounds like you just have a little (more) air in them. Usually from my experience when building emulsion the moment you build them is the only time they have a minimal amount of air in the shock. As time and track use goes by they naturally keep building more and the retraction seems to disappear. I have been switching most of my cars to bladders for the simple reason that they are easier to build consistently, and they have little to no air wanted or needed which makes them last longer before needed rebuilds, just my 2¢...
Old 12-15-2014, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

what do u think made the biggest difference dropping the center diff fluid? im at 100 now. what are ur front and rear at
Going to a lighter center diff allowed for more off power rotation and more stability on acceleration. To combat the excess low speed steering i removed the .5deg forward arms sweep. The car lacked nothing, it was dare I say perfect. Keep in mind our track conditions may be vary different. I run on a high/medium bite 1/8 red clay track and use mini pins not bar type tires. Its actually most likely considered medium bite for 1/10.

And for anyone speculating if the car is truly a tank, it sure is. Its the damn toughest wheeler ever made, and id bet money on that, and it drive freaking awesome. As much as I hate to say and admit, it kicks my 22-4s ass.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by flame56mx
I built mine with the Reedy set-up, except for diff fluids. I did go 100k in the center, but wondering why the whole time. What is the purpose of a center diff if we are just going to basically lock it up with molasses? I was able to run my car this weekend and spent most of my time on shock set-up, The car was pretty decent, but I did think the rear end was a bit loose also..

I don't get it either, I could only see 100k working on asphalt type track conditions or carpet.... With 30k my tire wear was symmetrical and still launched out of the corners like a demon...
Old 12-15-2014, 05:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Anyone else has slight play in the a arms where they are attached at the diffs? I have slight foreward to rear movement. Using washers kit said to. Like it could use another washer?
Old 12-15-2014, 06:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jason Snyder
Pretty accurate assessment in my opinion. I have all kyosho cars Rb6 /SC6 / RT6 but choose to run the D413.

ZX6 is really nice but there is no comparison in durability.
For me 1/10th scale racing is what I do when I can't get out to an 1/8th scale track. Its not something I take super serious. I don't want to be spending a lot of time messing with my 1/10th scale cars. Typically I leave them at the track and only work on them right before a race. I even run gear diffs in both my RB6 and RT6 even though I'm told ball diffs are better for the track just because it is less maint.

I also like that the D413 is more of a direct analog to 1/8th scale racing.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phillypete
For me 1/10th scale racing is what I do when I can't get out to an 1/8th scale track. Its not something I take super serious. I don't want to be spending a lot of time messing with my 1/10th scale cars. Typically I leave them at the track and only work on them right before a race. I even run gear diffs in both my RB6 and RT6 even though I'm told ball diffs are better for the track just because it is less maint.

I also like that the D413 is more of a direct analog to 1/8th scale racing.
You will probably like the D413 then. It does drive like a hyper little escale. And super durable.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:49 AM
Tech Addict

im using the ocrc testing setup but the car is very unstable wants to spin out coming out of corners and seems hard to drive its driving me crazy cant figure it out
Simple solution. Use exact reedy setup and check front outdrive to see if rubbing on caster block....done.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Here's what I ran over the weekend at dirt burners which is semi-dry indoor clay/somewhat slick condition.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-nick-12-13-2014.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.