Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I was running black sway bars front and rear. When I took the front one off It helped for sure.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Try moving the rear arms all the way back.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Already did that.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I know from experience in on road when you stiffen up the car it makes the weight transfer so quickly that it traction rolls. We would soften the spring oil combo to make the car lazier. Try lowering the car and taking out droop.
Old 12-14-2014, 03:31 PM
Hot Bodies

Originally Posted by Jcozz
I'm running my new d413 on my local indoor OZITE carpet track. We run JC GOLD slicks sauced up and have stupid traction. I built the car to ty tessman's carpet set up and the car was TERRIBLE. I couldn't believe how bad the car was. It was super tippy and way to soft. When getting on power the rear end would almost bottom out. If I didn't downside the jump perfect it would chassis slap. Since then I have gone to

2x1.6 pistons front and rear
AE red front sprint and AE yellow rear spring
4 limiters front and 3 limiters rear with eyelets screwed on all the way
37.5wt in the front and 32.5wt in the rear
All the way out on the rear shocks
Took of the front say bar

This helped a good amount but the car is still a total mess. The car is very unstable and is just way to soft. I have the stiffest AE springs they have. When getting on power and turning it just wants to lift the inside front tire. There is 3 other HB's at the track and they all have this problem. I'm thinking to try going up 10wt in oil and then maybe even higher. What do you guys suggest? I just can't believe how bad this thing is driving.

Note: My RB6 and RT6 are dialed and I usually go an entire 6 min main without traction rolling and they are super dialed. Just having problems getting the 4wheel dialed in.

Any help would be great! Thanks guys!

Sorry Jared to hear about your struggles with the car, but this comes back to what I have advised people in the past, that if you are going to use someone else's setup you have to use the exact setup to get the same feel. In this case Ty does not have a setup for slicks with compound on ozite, his setup is for pin tires on ozite, which have considerably less grip than slicks on ozite. The reason we haven't made a setup for slicks with compound on ozite is because our club is extremely small and we never get enough compound and grip in the carpet to make a good setup for this kind of grip. For those of you who don't know, similar to touring car the more cars you run and the more compound you put down on the track the more grip you have. Maybe if anyone out there runs slicks on ozite they can post their setup.
Old 12-14-2014, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gord Tessmann
Sorry Jared to hear about your struggles with the car, but this comes back to what I have advised people in the past, that if you are going to use someone else's setup you have to use the exact setup to get the same feel. In this case Ty does not have a setup for slicks with compound on ozite, his setup is for pin tires on ozite, which have considerably less grip than slicks on ozite. The reason we haven't made a setup for slicks with compound on ozite is because our club is extremely small and we never get enough compound and grip in the carpet to make a good setup for this kind of grip. For those of you who don't know, similar to touring car the more cars you run and the more compound you put down on the track the more grip you have. Maybe if anyone out there runs slicks on ozite they can post their setup.
Thanks for your input Gord! We run Onroad/Off road on the same track and just move the jumps. The track gets a pretty knarly groove and has mega traction. Do you know what I could do to help with my issue.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

just downloaded ty's setup for the gunsmoke. i don't see the numbers for the rear settings (ride height, camber, toe, sway bar).
Old 12-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

I'm about to make an order with amain. Are Lunsford titanium turnbuckles necessary on the d413? The steel ones look thick enough, and I haven't heard anyone complain. Don't mind saving $30 if I can.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Not needed
Old 12-14-2014, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

I am in the process of purchasing a 4wd buggy. I am in between the HB D413 and the Kyosho ZX6. I mostly race on indoor clay. I like the innovative design of the D413, however I already have a RB6 and an RT6 and they are working very well for me. 4wd buggy is still a developing class at my home track so I don't have any examples of either car to put my hands on. Any experience with both buggys or any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Just for the sake of parts carrying and things of that nature maybe the ZX6 is a better car for you. Both cars are awesome thats a fact. I wish hot bodies would make a mid motor 2wd
Old 12-14-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phillypete
I am in the process of purchasing a 4wd buggy. I am in between the HB D413 and the Kyosho ZX6. I mostly race on indoor clay. I like the innovative design of the D413, however I already have a RB6 and an RT6 and they are working very well for me. 4wd buggy is still a developing class at my home track so I don't have any examples of either car to put my hands on. Any experience with both buggys or any advice would be greatly appreciated.
ok, I am going to be "real" with you. I love the d413. It is a tank beyond what ever you can imagine in your mind. Mostly, because it bends instead of breaking, lol. If you are used to the Kyosho fit/finish, I really think you will not like the d413. Just because it will not be what you are used to. The d413 is a very capable car and Ty spanked Tebo at Nats, but most of the hobbist drivers out there that already own a bunch of Kyosho cars, will probably not like this car. If you want a car you can drive hard and carefree not worrying about breaking, then get the HB. If you want what you are already used to get the Kyosho.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default diff fluids

im running my d413 on indoor hard packed moist clay i would say med bite im trying to get more traction out of the car tho very squirley im runnin 10/100/2 in the diffs which one could i change to give me more traction? would i lower the center diff? please help
Old 12-14-2014, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I would go up to 20 or 30k in the front and at least 4k rear. Maybe even as high as 15k rear. I run on pretty much the same surface and 20/4 works well for me, but I will be trying 30/15 next.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

im using the ocrc testing setup but the car is very unstable wants to spin out coming out of corners and seems hard to drive its driving me crazy cant figure it out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.