Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

what servo are you guys running in this buggy?
Old 11-11-2014, 07:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
what servo are you guys running in this buggy?
Savox 1257tg
Old 11-11-2014, 07:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ironzgti35
How critical is the C clip on the diff pinion? The rear diff couple bag did not have a snap ring in it and I don't have the proper size laying around. I doubt HPI will send out a replacement and the only way to get one is to buy the replacement gear set for $40
I would call them...Thats not fair.

The clip is critical. It really does hold everything together with proper mesh. Without it... i would think the mesh would float and strip the ring gear.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I sent an email last night and will do a follow up call today. The mesh seems ok on the bench but under load it would float was my thinking as well. If not, I'll hit a the hardware store and see if they have a snap ring that will fit
Old 11-11-2014, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just got my kit yesterday but I am confused as to what a snap ring is for the diff? can someone show me what you are speaking of?
Old 11-11-2014, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

http://www.amain.com/Hot-Bodies-Diff...Z6LRoCmcvw_wcB
Old 11-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ironzgti35
I sent an email last night and will do a follow up call today. The mesh seems ok on the bench but under load it would float was my thinking as well. If not, I'll hit a the hardware store and see if they have a snap ring that will fit
Yeah call them. My bearing was missing a seal when I first got the kit. I called and they sent a new one right away. No questions asked. It gets shipped from Tower Hobbies.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I am running red front and white rear with 42.5/37.5 oils and the 1.3x4 pistons. I dont feel like the car is overly tippy running the rest of ty's reedy setup with my shock package. I run on high bite bumpty and we run clay slicks.
Mine not tippy either it just flips really easy especially after strait away and I have baby it, but when every one else I hauling it's hard to Baby it. I have a few video posted in YouTube just search luist99 that way u guys could see the type of track I run. Don't get wrong the I love the buggy and it makes it to the Amani every time but it's just little frustrating I can't make it to the front just bcuz It flips, but I could be the drive also
Old 11-11-2014, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

ran into a 2wd SCT (hpi blitz) that was moving at ˝mph 2/3rd's down the straight, smacked into him at full speed and under power

(straight is right next to drivers stand, so one does not see whats at the end of the straight before car has passed and you have turned your head)

front shock tower shattered into multiple pieces, carbon was fine though, both shocks popped, a bent piston, and whats looks like a hair line fracture on the chassis carbon

put a new tower on the car and got rolling, will see if the chassis holds up

norcal hobbies had a front tower, and i got tons of spares...worst part is the car is out of alignment, wil have to drop it on to the setup board and get everything right again

Old 11-11-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cygnus X
ran into a 2wd SCT (hpi blitz) that was moving at ˝mph 2/3rd's down the straight, smacked into him at full speed and under power

(straight is right next to drivers stand, so one does not see whats at the end of the straight before car has passed and you have turned your head)

front shock tower shattered into multiple pieces, carbon was fine though, both shocks popped, a bent piston, and whats looks like a hair line fracture on the chassis carbon

put a new tower on the car and got rolling, will see if the chassis holds up

norcal hobbies had a front tower, and i got tons of spares...worst part is the car is out of alignment, wil have to drop it on to the setup board and get everything right again

I bet nothing broke on the blitz
Old 11-11-2014, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

not s single thing !
Old 11-11-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cygnus X
not s single thing !
Lol, I own 2 of them and I know how tough the are.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luist99
Mine not tippy either it just flips really easy especially after strait away and I have baby it, but when every one else I hauling it's hard to Baby it. I have a few video posted in YouTube just search luist99 that way u guys could see the type of track I run. Don't get wrong the I love the buggy and it makes it to the Amani every time but it's just little frustrating I can't make it to the front just bcuz It flips, but I could be the drive also
I'm having a hard time picturing what you mean by flipping really easy if it isn't traction rolling. I'm not arguing with you or anything, just trying to understand the difference between traction rolling and what you are seeing with your car. I would call any flipping that isn't from some type of bump or rut traction rolling, but I'm probably wrong about that.

-Chris
Old 11-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by iScream
I'm having a hard time picturing what you mean by flipping really easy if it isn't traction rolling. I'm not arguing with you or anything, just trying to understand the difference between traction rolling and what you are seeing with your car. I would call any flipping that isn't from some type of bump or rut traction rolling, but I'm probably wrong about that.

-Chris
It could be traction rolling but there time that I'm going through the S section of the track and it just want to get up on 2 wheels. I'm only running a 9.5 motor so it's not that I'm over powering through the turns.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luist99
It could be traction rolling but there time that I'm going through the S section of the track and it just want to get up on 2 wheels. I'm only running a 9.5 motor so it's not that I'm over powering through the turns.
I watched this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTexIYXHypY
I have no idea which one is your car. But full speed into a flat right hander will traction roll if the traction is decent. Most of the drivers are coming in hot, braking in a straight line before the corner and then entering the turn. We had something like this at my track. I had to run a more gradual entry to the corner. because a hard turn even at lower speeds was too much. The Ty reedy setup did help the car slide more and not turn in sooo hard. The kit setup was so aggressive, even at slower speeds my car would flip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.