Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skyline1015
I need more off power steering. my setup below...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lmn6mqtb1j...setup.pdf?dl=0
15K in the front, and 12 deg kickup is probably why it doesn't have enough off power turn in. I bet it has a TON of on power steering tho.

Go lighter in the front diff oil and maybe a little less kickup.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
15K in the front, and 12 deg kickup is probably why it doesn't have enough off power turn in. I bet it has a TON of on power steering tho.

Go lighter in the front diff oil and maybe a little less kickup.
YUP!!
Old 10-28-2014, 09:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Would adjusting the arm sweep help?
Old 10-28-2014, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I haven't been keeping up with this thread lately. I just got my D413 in the mail. What's a good setup for indoor, medium track, medium/high grip hard pack dirt.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Is Associated black grease the wrong stuff to put on diff outdrive shafts?

My front and rear diffs had gotten really stiff: they were almost posi even with 7000/5000 oils. I hadn't noticed when when we were goofing off outdoors, but as soon as I moved back to carpet the buggy pushed through every slow tight corner.

When I opened things up the outdrive that went through the plastic diff housing spun freely... but the one that went through the metal ring gear was almost locked up. It took penetrating oil, a screwdriver slotted into where the dogbone goes, and wrap of paper towel on the ring gear so I didn't cut myself... just to let me wiggle it long enough to get it free. I had put the same amount of AE black grease on both shafts when building: should I have used something else?

A perfectly acceptable answer is "pay attention, and do more frequent maintenance" . But before I seal them back up I thought I'd ask if I should lube them with something else. Thanks!
Old 10-28-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quick question for the guys running AE caps, are you using the AE sealing o-ring for the top of the shock as well? Everything I see only mentions the caps and standoffs and I want to make sure I have everything I need to reassemble the shocks tomorrow for a big race Saturday. Thanks!
Old 10-28-2014, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AMorgan
Quick question for the guys running AE caps, are you using the AE sealing o-ring for the top of the shock as well? Everything I see only mentions the caps and standoffs and I want to make sure I have everything I need to reassemble the shocks tomorrow for a big race Saturday. Thanks!
Slight leaking without the o'ring, is there a seal you can put in the cap? So slight that I don't even worry about it, although I'm into my shock non stop for testing.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PetRock
Is Associated black grease the wrong stuff to put on diff outdrive shafts?

My front and rear diffs had gotten really stiff: they were almost posi even with 7000/5000 oils. I hadn't noticed when when we were goofing off outdoors, but as soon as I moved back to carpet the buggy pushed through every slow tight corner.

When I opened things up the outdrive that went through the plastic diff housing spun freely... but the one that went through the metal ring gear was almost locked up. It took penetrating oil, a screwdriver slotted into where the dogbone goes, and wrap of paper towel on the ring gear so I didn't cut myself... just to let me wiggle it long enough to get it free. I had put the same amount of AE black grease on both shafts when building: should I have used something else?

A perfectly acceptable answer is "pay attention, and do more frequent maintenance" . But before I seal them back up I thought I'd ask if I should lube them with something else. Thanks!
I had that same "locked diff" problem before our heats last Saturday. With A FULL rear diff(10k) after a 5 minute run the rear end was locked. If you let the buggy sit for 15 minutes or so the diff would free up. I drained it, put 7k just up to the cross shafts and reassembled. It's been fine ever since. Did I overfill? That is probably the obvious answer, but doesn't the silicone diff fluid get thinner as it gets hotter?
Old 10-29-2014, 03:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uncle everett
Slight leaking without the o'ring, is there a seal you can put in the cap? So slight that I don't even worry about it, although I'm into my shock non stop for testing.
Use the bladders that came with the kit (bladder style or emulsion style).
Old 10-29-2014, 03:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buyselltradeevy
I had that same "locked diff" problem before our heats last Saturday. With A FULL rear diff(10k) after a 5 minute run the rear end was locked. If you let the buggy sit for 15 minutes or so the diff would free up. I drained it, put 7k just up to the cross shafts and reassembled. It's been fine ever since. Did I overfill? That is probably the obvious answer, but doesn't the silicone diff fluid get thinner as it gets hotter?
In getting thinner, it also expands and if pressure has increased in the diff, you might get hydro-locking because of the oil expansion.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:32 AM
Tech Adept

When do your little darling (D413) bottom out, - i mean from which hight ? I have put 850 oil front and 600 rear with 4x1.4mm pistons and it still feels a little soft, and bottoming out when i drop it from above 30cm. And yes the shocks are put together correct (emulsion style). I run indoor carpet, and i was inspired by a team X-ray driver from my track running the same oil front and rear, but with costum 3x1.7mm pistons. maybe i should try with the stock 4x1.3mm instead, what are your thoughts ? Enjoy RC people
Old 10-29-2014, 04:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cokemaster
Use the bladders that came with the kit (bladder style or emulsion style).
That ring would probably work, they'd have to be emulsion
Old 10-29-2014, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdogg
I haven't been keeping up with this thread lately. I just got my D413 in the mail. What's a good setup for indoor, medium track, medium/high grip hard pack dirt.
TYs Reedy setup is a great starting point for what you described. There's 3 of us running that setup at our track which is about the same description.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by ColourGhost
When do your little darling (D413) bottom out, - i mean from which hight ? I have put 850 oil front and 600 rear with 4x1.4mm pistons and it still feels a little soft, and bottoming out when i drop it from above 30cm. And yes the shocks are put together correct (emulsion style). I run indoor carpet, and i was inspired by a team X-ray driver from my track running the same oil front and rear, but with costum 3x1.7mm pistons. maybe i should try with the stock 4x1.3mm instead, what are your thoughts ? Enjoy RC people

Try 2 stage pistons, they are 3x1.4 and eliminate the bottoming out.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ColourGhost
I hate to say it but the Xray is a totally different animal, so what he's running for oils might not work in your car or set-up.

I would say try one on the Petitrc setups, there's a couple for astro turf high bite and there's a couple of TYs on Clay w/sugar very high bite. I really think you should look into the 2x1.6 pistons. Maybe start 37.5F 32.5R, maybe even step up to 40F & 35-37R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.