Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just got an email from tower that my spur gear and hinge pin set have shipped! For reference I ordered on 5/7.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Originally Posted by scteonoffroad
Just curious if you have tried playing with camber and toe out to alter steering. If you could offer more details everyone on this thread is very helpful. Let us know foam, tires, tire compound, shock rebound, emulsion, piston size, etc.. Also you may want to check how tight your sway bars are. Some guys really torque them down resulting in strange behavior.
Im running Josh's setup exactly. Only differences are the tires, motor and speedo. Im using green dirt webs AKA rear and open cell front foams. My sway bars aren't very tight; snug. 0 rebound in the shocks and running emulsion.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carbons2k
Im running Josh's setup exactly. Only differences are the tires, motor and speedo. Im using green dirt webs AKA rear and open cell front foams. My sway bars aren't very tight; snug. 0 rebound in the shocks and running emulsion.
Take off the front sway bar
Old 06-18-2014, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ditch the open cell front foams for AKAs, it will make a huge difference. The car will be way easier to drive.

Also, which of my setups are you running? You will want the champs one. Also go to 1.5mm instead of 2mm under the front inside camber links for more steering.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
Take off the front sway bar
Did that already, no change.

Originally Posted by AlderBoy
Ditch the open cell front foams for AKAs, it will make a huge difference. The car will be way easier to drive.

Also, which of my setups are you running? You will want the champs one. Also go to 1.5mm instead of 2mm under the front inside camber links for more steering.
Im using the one form 5/7/2014 weds night club race at norcal. Ill try the spacers first. if still nothing ill go down to 7k front diff oil.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

where'd you get that idea?
Old 06-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Did that already, no change.

Im using the one form 5/7/2014 weds night club race at norcal. Ill try the spacers first. if still nothing ill go down to 7k front diff oil.
Lower diff fluid in front will make it less stable. Try the spacers and the Champs setup.

Also, if removing the front sway bar had no change whatsoever on your cars handling something is going on.

Last edited by AlderBoy; 06-18-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
where'd you get that idea?
Hmm, I wonder.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Hmm, I wonder.
i'd be curious to see how my buggy would handle at norcal right now with the 100% delta setup on it. i bet it would be just a bit numb, but still very good.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

So jealous. Glad to hear you got it coming. Mine is still waiting on manufacturer
Old 06-18-2014, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

So broke a shock cap. Anyone got 1 that they could sell me?
Old 06-19-2014, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Lower diff fluid in front will make it less stable. Try the spacers and the Champs setup.

Also, if removing the front sway bar had no change whatsoever on your cars handling something is going on.
So between the champs setup and the set up a month earlier the only different is he changed up the front shock oil from 35 to 37.5 and took out the front sway bar... I feel like my car needs more than just 1 weight lighter in the front and a sway bar change. The car feels very skatey in the rear and it just doesn't steer. We have a technical spot right befor the straight then a 180* turn to get onto the front straight and has to be taken slow. If I take it slow I end up pushing really wide and further than half the track width. The car is just really unstabilized throughout the course tho! UGH! Im going tonite to get some more work on it and well see what happens I guess.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

So between the champs setup and the set up a month earlier the only different is he changed up the front shock oil from 35 to 37.5 and took out the front sway bar... I feel like my car needs more than just 1 weight lighter in the front and a sway bar change. The car feels very skatey in the rear and it just doesn't steer. We have a technical spot right befor the straight then a 180* turn to get onto the front straight and has to be taken slow. If I take it slow I end up pushing really wide and further than half the track width. The car is just really unstabilized throughout the course tho! UGH! Im going tonite to get some more work on it and well see what happens I guess.
Those are not the only changes, look carefully. The front and rear inside camber link spacers, wing, shock oil and tire foams changed. All of those changes made a big difference for our new layout.

I have no idea if your track is a similar layout or has the same type of surface and traction. I also have no idea what your ESC/Radio setup is. Folks have used my setup at other tracks and said it worked well for them, but that doesn't mean it is good for your track without track specific tweaks.

You say that if you go slow you push very wide. Are you on power at all when you are going slow or are you letting off and rolling through the tight section off power? I would be glad to help more, but if you don't match my setup exactly (minus electronics) I don't have a good starting point to help make your car work for you.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Those are not the only changes, look carefully. The front and rear inside camber link spacers, wing, shock oil and tire foams changed. All of those changes made a big difference for our new layout.

I have no idea if your track is a similar layout or has the same type of surface and traction. I also have no idea what your ESC/Radio setup is. Folks have used my setup at other tracks and said it worked well for them, but that doesn't mean it is good for your track without track specific tweaks.

You say that if you go slow you push very wide. Are you on power at all when you are going slow or are you letting off and rolling through the tight section off power? I would be glad to help more, but if you don't match my setup exactly (minus electronics) I don't have a good starting point to help make your car work for you.
Im off power. I will have my friend video the car tonight and you can actually see what the car is doing. for electronics I have a LRP 8.5, SXX v2 speedo (orion is out for repair) and Spektrum 6040 short servo. Running a Peak 90c shorty battery as well. Ill go thru the car AGAIN today at lunch time and make sure its 100% your setup before I hit the track tonite. I think im just about there to, maybe 95% your setup.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

@carbon, coming of the straight into the chicane, you have to break har and early and get back on power and accelerate through the chicane, llift off just a little doing the 180

im running Alderboy's champs setup, except i run front sway bar (for as long as it will stay on grrrrr) and my bell crank connector bar is backwards on my buggy compared to Alderboys

to get the low lap times you have to stay super close to the apexes, pretty much drive the same line as 2wd 17.5/mod, the only time you can go wide is between the table tops where staying close to the wall and cutting in onto the second table top sets you up better for coming on to the straight

second we all drive differently, i try to be smooth, some are very agressive on the throttle where ever they can, and those two driving styles requires different setup

here's my run from last night (dark orange/black) TQ...best 5 laps sub 18's yay have been working hard on that ;-) still have to shave off 2 secs to get 18 laps
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

@Norcal D413 racers i can fix stripped spur if needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.