Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy >

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Old 05-28-2014, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
The lack of parts for hot new releases is a common trend unfortunately. Not defending HPI but they are not alone, they want to get it out asap (especially with all of the where is it in this and the other threads) so its out with the parts they have and catch up with the spares later.

You can wait a few months to buy for full support, but your buddies are running the newest and your not
Everything is available over seas.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

True, and probably the same for the 44.2 and 22-4... but the shipping cost pushes people away when they just need a new arm or shock cap or whatever. If you're going to do a big order, its not that big of a deal percentage wise.

Anyway, I was just saying that the D413 drivers are not alone with the first 3 month blues
Old 05-28-2014, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Everything is available over seas.
Agreed, I just got a few things from a shop in England that was listed in this thread by another racer. Except for a left front shock shaft I bent on a parked short bus at the end of the straight, which took 30-40 min to straighten, on my second run weeks ago. The only thing I've broken has been fans for the motor. I even snap traction rolled at the end of the straight and put it over the track wall and into the pits. The car is like the old Timex watches, it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Don't worry about the parts, if you can get the car just do it, you wont regret it.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Not sure if this was covered earlier, but does anyone know the reason the second batch was pushed back from late May to late June? Are they fixing an issue with the first batch?
Old 05-29-2014, 04:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
True, and probably the same for the 44.2 and 22-4... but the shipping cost pushes people away when they just need a new arm or shock cap or whatever. If you're going to do a big order, its not that big of a deal percentage wise.

Anyway, I was just saying that the D413 drivers are not alone with the first 3 month blues
My point is that nothing has changed with parts in the US for Hot Bodies. It's not because the car is new. There has always been an issue getting parts for their vehicles in the states. Great cars that come with a price.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If the parts support isn't there down the road, then that is an issue. Guess well have to see how that goes.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default Parts Update

Ok guys, I dont want to get anyone's hopes up but I just got off the phone with Great Planes and expressed my concerns about parts support. Not sure if this is true but they are expecting a very large shipment of HPI/Hot Bodies parts in the next 5 days. I hope he was correct
Old 05-29-2014, 09:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just looked at amain, they pushed the eta for the kit back to 7/3/14. This is getting old.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by the incubus
I find that impossible to believe. I run a 410 and it's the tightest of all wheelers and I ran an RS Pro which is the same foot print as the RS Gen2. This car has loads more real estate than the 410 and I can EASILY fit even larger ESC's on it without issue.
Find it whatever you like, there is plenty of room in the d413
The only thing is that if run in saddle config the distance from
The bellcranks to the motormount is kinda tight. Im not ragging
On the kit,nor any motor manufactorer. Im simply reporting
my findings as i try them. Think i might change it to shorty tonight
so i can try that out aswell, and run whatever suits me better

The buggy is awsome, and has taking my abuse when getting back into 4wd

Last edited by fjelltorsk; 05-29-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

came home Tuesday at noon after a 12 hour flight... ran over to my neighbor who held my car for a month while away on vacation

when the family went to bed i got to work on assembling it...fairly simple...i did miss some of the hints that AE gives in their manual....i wonder why hpi does not specify any lube between the ring and pinion....in my book metal to metal should always have a bit of grease...i left it out however....also the outdrives i would have put some grease in the inside bit that goes into the diff...and i might redo them in the future with a bit of grease

Wednesday morning...drop kids off...more building...then off to the track to get a 6.5T and paint....5pm i was done ready to roll...ran two shorty's through it, set new personal best 15.3 sec...(B44.1 best for me was a 15.8, and my shumacher cat sx3 was 15.9, but im very consistent with my cat, so in race im faster with cat vs the b44)...so i shaved off half a second, with a new unknown buggy...impressive !!!!

i felt the ring and pinion was making a lot of noise, so i brushed on a _very_ thin layer of 70% moly grease (this is awesome stuff...from Honda automotive) its not sticky like black grease that so many kits come with. and it made it more quiet

7pm race time..jet lagged like crazy (9 hours difference)..i was in heat 5....first qualifier TQ'ed, second TQ'ed although i had a bad crash which sent me to the back of the pack...but i caught up...in the main i got a good start, and soon lapped the field...freaking awesome i love the buggy

i took several hard crashes that i know would have torn an arm on the b44...i caught a rough edge on an apex which is also a good place to tear off and arm.....cartwheeled down the straight....during practice a SCT landed on the buggy while it was upside down it hit with a lot of force....clipped another sct that was parked at the end of the straight waiting for a buddy to catch up.......net result...no damage to the D413

i ran Josh Close setup except with 10K in the front diff, as i couldnt get any 15K

i have to change the arrangement of the esc around a bit...i put the esc up front as per the manual, and clocked the motor so the wires are tilted to the top deck, i also placed a 30x30x10 sunon 5v fan blowing on the motor (love these fans..they are tough!)...as i would come off at about 170F after an 8 minute run...fan took that down to 150F

for those looking for a 1.3mm hex driver...just use a .50 of a good quality (mip thorp) it fits perfectly....what can i say i need to practice a little more with this car...but it being so good that i can go and win with just 2 packs of practice, speaks to the cars ability, and josh's setup (TY)...the wing is garbage though, a few crashes and its already torn from being so thin, and the body lexan on my car was varying quite a bit ...some places just thin, and others very thin...the wing is simply not thick enough lexan.

http://www.norcalhobbies.com/wednesday-night-racing-3/

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 05-29-2014, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

So when will we see you and AlderBoy in the same race. You guys will 3 D413 at the track, Priceless!
Old 05-29-2014, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mopar
So when will we see you and AlderBoy in the same race. You guys will 3 D413 at the track, Priceless!
Next weekend at the Norcal Champs Race for sure. There will actually be 4 of us with D413s if not more. Lasse already blew my number of laps and fast lap away with the D413 in his first race, so it may not be much of a competition.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

How often does the gear oil need changing in the diffs?
Old 05-29-2014, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

yeah we missed you Josh last night ....you kind of shot your self in the foot by posting your setup, as it works great :-) hmm how to tell the wife that there is a two day event coming up....

but notice every time someone at our track got a d413 they started to win !...hmmm where did i put that hpi banner

i wish i could have put some hours in today, but im so freaking jet lagged its crazy, i sat down to catch up on some tv...woke up after a nice refreshing 6 hour nap...

@Josh...your layout of the esc to the rear is super clean, manual says mount it up in front of motor....i kind of want it up front, where i think theres less chassis slap, but then the wires run over the motor, and the esc gets all the fresh air, instead of the motor ....care to comment ? any weight distribution thoughts...etc ????

everyone has been asking about build picture so i snapped a few while building...and stuffed them in a 4K video ;-)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

had 3 minor gripes with my build

1 one screw going into the front diffhousing through the carbon plate would not be flush, the chamfering of the hole is not deep enough, i will fix it later as its minor

2 the plastic dodad's that hold on to the swaybar is too soft, strips easy, or wont hold the wire in place

3 the piece connecting the bellcranks has too much slop in them, i think i saw i a fix for that but im not in the mood to go through 200 pages (where most is about buying)

i would be nice with hints in the manual...like AE does, experienced drivers might not need them, but the rest of the mortals will....i found the flow of the manual nice, starts kind of slow, and then all of a sudden pace picks up and your done

otherwise if you stick to one bag at a time your good to go...i made the mistake of opening all 3 bags for the diff's.....and accidentally put one rear outdrive together with a front outdrive...which will spit the dogbone out on your first run....also found out that getting to the diff's, opening swap oil etc is about 30 minute operation, if you have battery screwdriver...

when all that is said, it was a nice build
Old 05-29-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Anyone else having to really crank their shock collars down to achieve ride height? Mine was set to 22 and yesterday I had to turn it down further to get the same ride height? Also my camber was. Could there be a problem that I can't find?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.