Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ty or Torrance, (or anyone...)

sorry again if it was already talked about in the thread.

Wondering about the rear Camber plate.
part #112759.
all the photos @ hpiracing show it as a CF part, but on Ty's truck, I notice it's alloy.

I checked the option parts... I didn't see any mention of a Camber plate there. I checked on Tower, and they have the part listed... but still no photos. but there isn't a mention of the material used.

-what are the benefits of having that part be made from alloy as compared to the CF??
-was this a part that Ty broke a couple of times in practice and wanted to have alloy made just to be on the safe side??

Thanks.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by targetingxmod
I don't care, cause i will do just speed racing runs on this!

I only care for 2 shorty with just a little to almost no mods for 4s And i think it's possible to think outside the box with this one... 3 metal gear diff's like an 1/8 Long time for a 1/10 come this way!
The sadle or the shorty batery option is a must for everyone into racing or bashing and for the speed guys maybe 2 shortys... hein?

Racer's will start to make flames cause of my post now... i know! :P

Problem for me is finding a 4s capable motor that fits in that stock 540 size space. LOL!
http://www.teamtekin.com/roc412.html
Old 04-04-2014, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by erevo1*16

part #112759.
all the photos @ hpiracing show it as a CF part, but on Ty's truck, I notice it's alloy.

I checked the option parts... I didn't see any mention of a Camber plate there. I checked on Tower, and they have the part listed... but still no photos. but there isn't a mention of the material used.

-what are the benefits of having that part be made from alloy as compared to the CF??
-was this a part that Ty broke a couple of times in practice and wanted to have alloy made just to be on the safe side??

Thanks.
This blog unboxed a production version and mentions that it is made of aluminum.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...795279293.html
Old 04-04-2014, 11:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by lbenton
When you do try some good shorties you will like them.. in my 2wd buggies it lets you do more for weight distribution with more bias adjustment forward and back and they simply weigh less. They are worth having in any case
I know they would be the best option for both having and balance, but Im currently running 2s 5000mah standards in my 1/8 and 1/10 buggies. So to have to buy shorty's for this buggy would kinda suck. LOL
Old 04-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Not sure there's any 4x buggies that will run a full stick pack other than the B44.0 from years ago. 4x buggies are built for the ultimate in performance without any compromises.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

[QUOTE=
At least Cinco de Mayo is a memorable date and i will celebrate even more so 5/5/14.
what's Tower saying?[/QUOTE]

That's my birthday
Old 04-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by erevo1*16

part #112759.

Thanks.

Torrence said earlier in the thread that they originally designed it with carbon but it proved to fragile so they switched it to alluminium, the one on Ty's car he said is aluminuim but not anodized black like the ones that will be in the kit.

Justin
Old 04-04-2014, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

For the 4s speed runs and finding a motor to handle it, look at 4wd sc motors. Some are longer cans, which may or may not fit, but that is the class of motors to look at to find things that would run well on 4s in a mostly standard motor size.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:55 PM
pli
Tech Initiate

I'm really exited about this car. Overall it looks very nice. I have per-ordered two of them and can't wait to get started building. However, there are two details on this car that I'm not super comfortable with:

1) The shock caps. Plastic and attached to ball ends to the tower. The fact that Ty instead chose to use the Alu caps from PL isn't a comforting sign. Does anyone know if the PL caps will be available for consumers or were they just one-off prototype parts? Or will, say, the Kyosho Alu caps fit maybe?

2) The wheel hexes. From reading the manual, it looks like there's no screw to keep the hex and the pin locked in place. Am I wrong? Experience from other cars with similar hexes tells me you need to be very careful every time you take off a wheel or that pin will easily fall out and go missing. Maybe not exactly a major issue, but potentially very annoying.

Of course, time will tell if any of these concerns are real issues. I hope not.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
Will this motors be good for speed runs? I have no idea... cause they are made for crawlers maybe not a good idea... or thinking outside the box and they work good for speed runs on 4s? hum... never tought of that!

Originally Posted by justpoet
For the 4s speed runs and finding a motor to handle it, look at 4wd sc motors. Some are longer cans, which may or may not fit, but that is the class of motors to look at to find things that would run well on 4s in a mostly standard motor size.
Ok, but i guess all sc 4wd motors are longer then the standart motor size... any more help?

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2014, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Will this motors be good for speed runs? I have no idea... cause they are made for crawlers maybe not a good idea... or thinking outside the box and they work good for speed runs on 4s? hum... never tought of that!

Ok, but i guess all sc 4wd motors are longer then the standart motor size... any more help?

Thanks!
Only difference between the ROC motors and the pro-4 is the shaft diameter. It would work fine.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Thanks!
For sensored I'd go for this in 2400kv. http://www.teamtekin.com/pro4.html

For non sensored and possibly better for speed runs as there's less to go wrong I'd grab the 1409/3600kv, you can see it has a max of 17v, if you have a huge budget maybe grab the 4500kv and put it to the test, these are non-sensored motors but very high quality. http://neumotors.com/Site/1400_series.html

Justin
Old 04-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jpm1
For sensored I'd go for this in 2400kv. http://www.teamtekin.com/pro4.html

For non sensored and possibly better for speed runs as there's less to go wrong I'd grab the 1409/3600kv, you can see it has a max of 17v, if you have a huge budget maybe grab the 4500kv and put it to the test, these are non-sensored motors but very high quality. http://neumotors.com/Site/1400_series.html

Justin
I'd still go for the 2300kv ROC as it will be easier to find pinions. 5mm 48p aren't all that common.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
I'd still go for the 2300kv ROC as it will be easier to find pinions. 5mm 48p aren't all that common.
Tower hobbies has 5mm 48p ranging from 17-45 tooth, nue motor is a 3mm shaft I believe.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...CLCRRP&P=SM&S=

Justin
Old 04-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

yeah, you can find anything on the internet. chances are he already has a bunch of 1/8" 48p pinions and can easily find more at his LHS. or he could buy every one you list and the motor you say and then you could be right and win the internet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.