Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy >

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Old 12-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
well, I have a feeling the love for the 22-4 will be short lived. I could be wrong, but I am not sure a revamped 13 year old car will keep peoples interest for long.
I do, the XX4 was one of the best 4wd ever built IMO.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BillyT.
I gave up too... Got an XB4...

Same here. Wanted to give the HB a try but couldn't hold out any longer.

I got the older version XB4 but with the V2 Upgrades. Couldn't be happier.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rippen
When the 22-4 hits your LHS it's going to be game over for HB because of this. If we had some kind of a date then some people might hold off, but the way there going about is doing exactly what is being posted on here right now.
This is exactly how I feel. If I had some date with progress, I would probably hold off for several months. But with everything in limbo, I will probably go with the 22-4. Even though I think that the HB would have been a better car, the 22-4 seems like it will have better durability than previous wheelers and I know part support in my area will be great (my one concern for the HB).

And once I commit, there is only a very small chance I would reinvest in yet another car.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Had that same thought but I want to build something in the near future and this buggy is what I am looking for.
If the spring gets to close and boat season starts back up then it will be next fall or winter.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rippen
I do, the XX4 was one of the best 4wd ever built IMO.
13 years ago... yup.

That thing looks like some kind of Rube Goldberg machine... If that and the d413 were my only two choices, I'd keep waiting.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

The D413 is not canceled. It is now in the production process. The order was placed with the vendors during Thanksgiving week. From then it takes about 60-70 days to complete, then add shipping time. I myself am as angry as some of you at the delay. I worked my butt off to design this car, Ty drove his heart out to get good race results with this car then to have some colleagues drop the ball in getting this project into production is disappointing. For that we can only offer our apology. But I think once you have the car in your hands you'll be satisfied.

Still I don't want to put out another estimated date of arrival because I don't want to look like a jackass again.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Deguzman
The D413 is not canceled. It is now in the production process. The order was placed with the vendors during Thanksgiving week. From then it takes about 60-70 days to complete, then add shipping time. I myself am as angry as some of you at the delay. I worked my butt off to design this car, Ty drove his heart out to get good race results with this car then to have some colleagues drop the ball in getting this project into production is disappointing. For that we can only offer our apology. But I think once you have the car in your hands you'll be satisfied.

Still I don't want to put out another estimated date of arrival because I don't want to look like a jackass again.
It takes a lot balls to come on here nd tell it how it is. I respect that. I bought the xb4 but once this comes out I will add it to my fleet.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

thank you mr. deguzman. i will continue to wait (not so) patiently for the buggy (hopefully by mid-feb).
Old 12-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

That's all I was looking for. Thanks for the heads up and update
Old 12-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
well, I have a feeling the love for the 22-4 will be short lived. I could be wrong, but I am not sure a revamped 13 year old car will keep peoples interest for long.
Well alot of us have nvr owned a xx4 and I have 22-4 on preorder now cause it'll be out before this car. Ill still be interested in this wheeler when it comes out but ill have to dislike the 22-4 alot or be woo'ed again by HB to justify the purchase.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Big time respect!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Torrance, thank you for the update. It was exactly what I wanted to hear. I think that I can wait a few more months. At least, we have a general time frame for the next steps.

I don't think anyone thought of you as a "jackass". We all know the dates are estimates and unforeseen circumstances can change things. At least, we know approximately where the car stands.

Thanks
Old 12-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Ouch, are those the folks working for that other rc brand now?

Hope your vendors are better than the ones I deal with. Rarely do I encounter an initial production run sample that is anywhere near ready for mass consumption.

Heading over there this Wednesday, stoked to trade this 40F Cally weather we are having for some 70F TW love! Know of any good tracks in Taichung?
Old 12-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wow this really sucks indoor season will be over with pretty much by march
Old 12-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Tech Initiate

If you need some help cracking skullz to get this done, I'm your man!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.