Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nebula

So if somebody read the rule and tested their car in a legal configuration at their factory or home track. Then shows up to an event and the rule that they followed is thrown out with out any prior notification. They do not have the same courtesy of being able to try a configuration the breaks the posted rules online. Possibly giving a performance advantage.

I don't think HB knew the rule was being tossed out... They were just ignorant of it(or maybe they misunderstood it as having the optional config doesn't make it legal, unless it's in that config to start).

But lets say this, for certain... As the rule was written, that car was in violation of it, 100%.

And getting mad at the people that filed the protest won't make that go away.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillyT.
I don't think HB knew the rule was being tossed out... They were just ignorant of it(or maybe they misunderstood it as having the optional config doesn't make it legal, unless it's in that config to start).

But lets say this, for certain... As the rule was written, that car was in violation of it, 100%.

And getting mad at the people that filed the protest won't make that go away.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

honestly, if a big name manufacturer with top flight drivers has trouble knowing about the rule then man, help all us of a regular guys!
Old 08-14-2013, 01:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

the rule isn't well worded, you can take it two ways:

1. the car can, when you are building it, be setup to take full size batteries.

2. the car has to be able to take a fullsize battery right before you put it down to run your heat race.

number 2 is a stupid interpretation and doesn't add anything to the reason for the rule: that the car can take the full size battery I own and save me money or be available to buy.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can someone explain how the car violated the rule ? The designer said it would take saddles or shorty. Why is there still discussion that it was illegal ?
Old 08-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evolution03
Can someone explain how the car violated the rule ? The designer said it would take saddles or shorty. Why is there still discussion that it was illegal ?
i don't think the buggy violated the rule. i imagine it may have gone something like this:

-Ty and Co. have the buggy set up with a shorty.
-During tech the first day they say, "hey, do you need to see this buggy in saddle or stick configuration to prove it can?"
-ROAR tech guy tells them they don't have to show that because they weren't following that rule.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JayL
the rule isn't well worded, you can take it two ways:

1. the car can, when you are building it, be setup to take full size batteries.

2. the car has to be able to take a fullsize battery right before you put it down to run your heat race.

number 2 is a stupid interpretation and doesn't add anything to the reason for the rule: that the car can take the full size battery I own and save me money or be available to buy.

Sorry I have to disagree.

The rule is very well worded and black and white.

Any car can run a shorty pack but it has to be able to accept a battery of maximum dimensions only by removing foam block/spacers. And the legaility of this is determined when its presented to tech inspection.

Meaning the when the car is presented to tech it MUST be able to accept a battery of maximum dimensions by only removing foam blocks or foam spacers.

I don't quite agree entirely with the rule. But the rule is the rule.

With that said I am not saying the HB car was illegal because nobody was able to view it aside from a very select few.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Some manufacturers may have had drivers who preferred the ESC in the battery tray on a surface like that, a config that many were running at Cactus. Associated basically released the ESC shelf to work around the rule and still allow the centered ESC setup. It would be completely understandable if a company wanted to make a point to ROAR by protesting in that case; they've used R&D, testing, and manufacturing resources to comply with the rule after the fact, only to see ROAR ignoring the rule anyway when it matters. If that's the case, it's too bad that they had to pick on HB and Ty, but at least a poorly-conceived rule is gone and Ty is still the national champ.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

It seems every time HB wins a race, Something has to be wrong, or they cheated or whatever. Cant people just accept that the HB cars are good cars, and stop hating on HB. The new D413 and Ty won, Its over. Move on to the worlds now.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I thought this thread was going to be about the awesome new D413 but apparently it's about vaginas *unsubscribe*.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hopper99
They need to update their damn rule book. Its ridiculous. Who know what the rules are if you have to hunt around on their site to find these "updates" posted a year ago and their rule book says updated in 2011.
Completely agree. Also the concept of a forum full of threads for each approved battery/motor/ESC is maddening. As a scrutineer you need to be able to just print a list you can use on the day.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Any car can run a shorty pack but it has to be able to accept a battery of maximum dimensions only by removing foam block/spacers. And the legaility of this is determined when its presented to tech inspection.

Meaning the when the car is presented to tech it MUST be able to accept a battery of maximum dimensions by only removing foam blocks or foam spacers.

With that said I am not saying the HB car was illegal because nobody was able to view it aside from a very select few.
If this is case there are several pros that would be illegal. The way tebo arranges his electronics you couldn't put a full size pack in unless you moved quite a bit around. The car was deemed legal by roar I don't really see much of a discussion. I can't wait till it is released.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If this is the rule, wouldn't a B44.2 be Illegal? it only takes saddle packs only correct? I am probably missing something, so point it out if I am.

Shorty only 4wheel, bring it !

Thanks, Krom.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Funny how this is a problem because the champion won with a questionable car, and how ROAR bent the rules to make it legal. If it ended up in any other main, no one would care. But, ROAR would not have changed the rules if prominent players didn't show up with these shorty pack cars. As TeknoRC mentioned, car designs are at a standstill, and allowing shorties will offer room for more innovation, thus drawing more interest. Rules are created by man to fit the situation at that point in time. We are not animals, we are humans, and we progress. Rules should also be changed to coexist with that progress.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Someone should just name the manufacturer that protested.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.