Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Old 03-17-2014, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
What to do? What to do?

I am by no means a Zen Master, or a Yoga Pro... but here is the thing.

I'm not a pro-lever racer either.

I play with toy cars because playing with toy cars makes me smile.

smiles make me happy.

if the idea of this toy car makes you smile.... buy it.

if you think you need to buy a certain car to make you faster around a race track.... you've got a lot to learn.

(go look at the lap standard deviation on the pro guys from the Cactus Classic:
92% consistant
1.7sec standard dev/ lap
22. avg lap time.

Take a look here...
http://www.neobuggy.net/wp-content/u...cactus-mod.jpg

it shows you it really doesn't matter WHAT you have. So you might as well get what you WANT to have~ (the 4 best guys in the class race 100% different trucks, and are super competitive.)
Old 03-17-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by viking252200
It's alive!!...at least here in Japan!
http://www.rcmxstore.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=32480
$469.00 In USA conversion.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
I'm so torn on this. I want this car but honestly I really suck...the only people I beat racing 4wd buggy are those that break. My Caster S10b is sturdy and does me well but this car looks so sweet.

What to do? What to do?
LOL, this is me in 2WD, 4WD however, I turn in lap times consistent with top guys but lack the consistency. Will get there though!

Going back to stock in 2WD though to hone my skill and then will move up to 13.5 for a while before going back to an 8.5 or lower.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by viking252200
It's alive!!...at least here in Japan!
http://www.rcmxstore.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=32480
Does that mean it's on sale in Japan?
Old 03-17-2014, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Had a chance to hold this car in my hands this weekend at Cactus. Amazing car. Torrence you did a great job getting this car together. Can't wait to pick one up. Ty said they're on the water, correct?
Old 03-17-2014, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

if they're on the water, i don't know why they aren't available for pre-sale yet.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
if they're on the water, i don't know why they aren't available for pre-sale yet.
Boat may get lost.

Don't count your 1/10 buggies before they clear customs!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

As we get closer to this car arriving, any one have opinions on what parts one should get as a support kit. I don't have much HB support at my local shops and don't want the car to be out of commission if something breaks (even though things are supposed to be tough).

Torrance, any suggestions for things that would be the weakest link or something that wears and I should have in hand. I think you mentioned the arm hinge pins are designed to bend to absorb the energy of a crash instead of an arm breaking. So any other suggestions like that?

Thanks
Old 03-17-2014, 11:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kdeleon
As we get closer to this car arriving, any one have opinions on what parts one should get as a support kit. I don't have much HB support at my local shops and don't want the car to be out of commission if something breaks (even though things are supposed to be tough).

Torrance, any suggestions for things that would be the weakest link or something that wears and I should have in hand. I think you mentioned the arm hinge pins are designed to bend to absorb the energy of a crash instead of an arm breaking. So any other suggestions like that?

Thanks
it's not the hinge pins that bend, it's the mounting screws that bend and absorb the impacts. these are just M3x20 flat head screws. you can get a bag of them cheap.

so far on my car the things I've broken are the steering rack from repeatedly clipping a pipe coupler at high speed, a rear tower (the carbon piece) when somebody jumped the track and hit me full speed at the end of the straight, and a front shock shaft from a heavy head-on collision.

I think on Ty's car he finally broke the shock towers (plastic part) on his practice car at the Cactus. but these parts though were from the original sample batch we got a year ago and we think that the cold and dry climate of Canada's winters made the parts slightly brittle after sitting all these months. the arm mounts have been replaced after wear from running on an abrasive surface. other than those I don't think anything else needed to be replaced on Ty's car.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

And we are complaining about how long it has taken for this car to get to market. Check out the X Factory X-7 thread...started in 2011. LOL
Old 03-18-2014, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by T. Deguzman
it's not the hinge pins that bend, it's the mounting screws that bend and absorb the impacts. these are just M3x20 flat head screws. you can get a bag of them cheap.

so far on my car the things I've broken are the steering rack from repeatedly clipping a pipe coupler at high speed, a rear tower (the carbon piece) when somebody jumped the track and hit me full speed at the end of the straight, and a front shock shaft from a heavy head-on collision.

I think on Ty's car he finally broke the shock towers (plastic part) on his practice car at the Cactus. but these parts though were from the original sample batch we got a year ago and we think that the cold and dry climate of Canada's winters made the parts slightly brittle after sitting all these months. the arm mounts have been replaced after wear from running on an abrasive surface. other than those I don't think anything else needed to be replaced on Ty's car.
Thanks for the reply and wow. That's all that broke in about 1 year. I guess I don't really need to stock up on too many things. Maybe a steering rack as I do have a tendency to hit pipes and the occasional wall .

I'm really excited for this car.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

WOW nice that means it might hold up to my driving style then unlike others.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

to who at proline do I need to talk to come up with an lexan undertray for this carbon chassis?
Old 03-18-2014, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kdeleon
Thanks for the reply and wow. That's all that broke in about 1 year. I guess I don't really need to stock up on too many things. Maybe a steering rack as I do have a tendency to hit pipes and the occasional wall .

I'm really excited for this car.
Let's not get too ahead of ourselves about this. Pros are such that they seldom crash or punish the cars the way the average competitive driver would. The real test will come at the hands of the masses. Then HB will have a better assessment of which components will require revisions.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by the incubus
Let's not get too ahead of ourselves about this. Pros are such that they seldom crash or punish the cars the way the average competitive driver would. The real test will come at the hands of the masses. Then HB will have a better assessment of which components will require revisions.
I think we all understand that the average person will do much more damage than the pros. But it is still pretty impressive how little things have broken. Even looking at last week's Cactus race you could see cars pulled off for broken parts. Take Tebo running his prototype Kyosho, didn't he break his front and rear plus the slipper. That too is a near production prototype. Or at the worlds, I thought I heard TLR 22-4s breaking some front arms. It is just happening more in the hands of average drivers.

I'm sure there will be more. Just trying to collect data so I can understand what my initial support kit will look like. I also don't want to buy a complete second car to cover everything that could possibly break.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.