R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree45Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2017, 04:06 PM   #10936
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,548
Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
ThatS an interesting point because I just bought an artr d413 used for $270 a week ago. I was surprised to get it that cheap but it's as if everyone knows something we don't lol
yeah it makes me curious if something else is on the way. The guys I race with are running a lot of the D413s and they work well and the big reason why is they are so cheap used. Same with the D216.
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< Tekno EB48SL / SCT410.3 | Tekno EB410 x 2 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2 | LC Racing EMB-1 Buggies and Truggies >
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:10 PM   #10937
Tech Elite
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 3,112
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
yeah it makes me curious if something else is on the way. The guys I race with are running a lot of the D413s and they work well and the big reason why is they are so cheap used. Same with the D216.
Well as long as this buggy lasts me until Tekno releases the eb410 I'll be a happy camper. That's the wheeler I really want
__________________
:::Tekno EB410 (Under construction)::: Tekno EB48SL ::: HPI Blitz ::: Kyosho RB5 SP2 WC :::Team Durango DEX210 v2 ::: Team Durango ExoDex210 :::Tamiya TB03r/TRF418-ish :::
EbbTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:18 PM   #10938
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,548
Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Default

d413s are good vehicles out here, lots of guys are happy with them. And its cheap price has really helped grow the class.
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< Tekno EB48SL / SCT410.3 | Tekno EB410 x 2 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2 | LC Racing EMB-1 Buggies and Truggies >
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:23 PM   #10939
Tech Elite
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 3,112
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
d413s are good vehicles out here, lots of guys are happy with them. And its cheap price has really helped grow the class.
I wish more people out here would take advantage of the low cost because from what I've seen lately our 4wd mod class has been a bit lacking in size. Most guys seem to run either the 22-4 or the 44.3. And you get the rare Kyosho sighting once in a while. But I don't think anyone else has the d413 right now.
__________________
:::Tekno EB410 (Under construction)::: Tekno EB48SL ::: HPI Blitz ::: Kyosho RB5 SP2 WC :::Team Durango DEX210 v2 ::: Team Durango ExoDex210 :::Tamiya TB03r/TRF418-ish :::
EbbTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 04:39 PM   #10940
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,548
Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Default

may be the perfect point you can step in
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< Tekno EB48SL / SCT410.3 | Tekno EB410 x 2 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2 | LC Racing EMB-1 Buggies and Truggies >
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:24 PM   #10941
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,997
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
I wish more people out here would take advantage of the low cost because from what I've seen lately our 4wd mod class has been a bit lacking in size. Most guys seem to run either the 22-4 or the 44.3. And you get the rare Kyosho sighting once in a while. But I don't think anyone else has the d413 right now.
What track are you talking about.....Norcal?
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:27 PM   #10942
Tech Elite
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 3,112
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
What track are you talking about.....Norcal?
Yeah I could have sworn most guys there are running AE and Losi. But it's been a while since I've been there for a race.
__________________
:::Tekno EB410 (Under construction)::: Tekno EB48SL ::: HPI Blitz ::: Kyosho RB5 SP2 WC :::Team Durango DEX210 v2 ::: Team Durango ExoDex210 :::Tamiya TB03r/TRF418-ish :::
EbbTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:35 PM   #10943
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,997
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
Yeah I could have sworn most guys there are running AE and Losi. But it's been a while since I've been there for a race.
The Losi has been the 4wd of choice for many followed by the AE and scattered Xrays and D413's. Thinking of selling my D216 for a D413 myself. We have a decent 4wd class at LSR and I miss running this class.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:59 PM   #10944
Tech Elite
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 3,112
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
The Losi has been the 4wd of choice for many followed by the AE and scattered Xrays and D413's. Thinking of selling my D216 for a D413 myself. We have a decent 4wd class at LSR and I miss running this class.
I gotta say the losi tempted me for a while but those belt drives scared me off. It is a dang good looking buggy though.
__________________
:::Tekno EB410 (Under construction)::: Tekno EB48SL ::: HPI Blitz ::: Kyosho RB5 SP2 WC :::Team Durango DEX210 v2 ::: Team Durango ExoDex210 :::Tamiya TB03r/TRF418-ish :::
EbbTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:46 PM   #10945
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,997
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
I gotta say the losi tempted me for a while but those belt drives scared me off. It is a dang good looking buggy though.
13.5 wheeler has been a ton of fun. Controllable power and sometimes faster depending on layout. At Norcal I wouldn't run anything lower. A 10.5 is pushing it IMO
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:37 AM   #10946
Tech Regular
 
plus2ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: st. joseph MI
Posts: 369
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, just picked up an exotek pro17 chassis for my d413. Figured id try it out and see if it makes any huge difference. Does anyone have any experience with this chassis? Are there any setup changes to be made?
plus2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:41 AM   #10947
Tech Elite
 
EbbTide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca
Posts: 3,112
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
13.5 wheeler has been a ton of fun. Controllable power and sometimes faster depending on layout. At Norcal I wouldn't run anything lower. A 10.5 is pushing it IMO
Are most of the guys at Norcal running 13.5 now? I haven't been there for a race since before Hemingway left. Or at least I think he did. I haven't seen him in any race results on the website.
__________________
:::Tekno EB410 (Under construction)::: Tekno EB48SL ::: HPI Blitz ::: Kyosho RB5 SP2 WC :::Team Durango DEX210 v2 ::: Team Durango ExoDex210 :::Tamiya TB03r/TRF418-ish :::
EbbTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:02 PM   #10948
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,997
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
Are most of the guys at Norcal running 13.5 now? I haven't been there for a race since before Hemingway left. Or at least I think he did. I haven't seen him in any race results on the website.
I Dont know about Norcal but at LSR 13.5 in 4wd has been pretty fast.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 11:17 AM   #10949
Tech Master
 
Yeti AS3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: lockport,IL
Posts: 1,347
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Getting back into RC after a cpl years off. I love the D413 and held onto it. Guys are now running blinky 13.5. It looks like my 6.5 is gonna hit the self What gearing is a decent start point for an indoor clay med/large track with 90'ish straight.
__________________
Hot Bodies D413
AE B5m

Haigh Designz -Custom Airbrushing
Leisure Hours Hobby and Raceway!!
Yeti AS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:20 AM   #10950
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,548
Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Default

so is there a new vehicle on the way at all?

Also, what do you guys consider must have upgrades to the vehicle?

Got my eye on a deal for 2 of them RTR, could use with my daughter to give her a second class for 13.5.
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< Tekno EB48SL / SCT410.3 | Tekno EB410 x 2 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2 | LC Racing EMB-1 Buggies and Truggies >
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:18 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net