Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

You're on Page 710 of 781
Go to
  • New kit
    Hey there I was looking into this kit and was wondering if there might be a new version coming out any time soon before making the purchase.
    Also how is the parts support and durability? I'm trying to choose between associated and hb so any feed back would he great thanks!
  • Quote: Hey there I was looking into this kit and was wondering if there might be a new version coming out any time soon before making the purchase.
    Also how is the parts support and durability? I'm trying to choose between associated and hb so any feed back would he great thanks!
    This car hands down vs. AE's. Parts aren't a problem as this car is much more durable. I carry minimum spares that are still nip. Not sure if new version is coming out. Doubt it any time soon.
  • The D413 is very durable, I have spares for it that I haven't even used in the 1 yr Ive owned it and had some really bad wrecks too.

    As for parts support check availability of the following parts:
    Front Shock Tower (people were having issues breaking them)
    Front Shock Shaft (same)
    Center Spur Gear (in case mesh is set wrong)
    Rod Ends for the links
  • people i have asked about it say the car is a virtual tank.

    at one of the 4wd worlds qual/mains, RC with AE was in the lead, TT with this HB was in second, RM believe he has a TLR? was in third. RC went out line line when he re-entered TT hit him AE broke, and in the slow down RM ran into TT and RM's car broke. HB unscathed
  • But what everyone is missing is that TT was running different pieces than what was released to the public. He too would have been broken with that corny pop on shock mount.
  • who are you kidding!! come on...
    how many pro driver are running a all stock sold to the public kit?
  • Floyd come on are you serious..... Ha the answer is none.
  • Quote: Floyd come on are you serious..... Ha the answer is none.
    you are correct, you win the prize. i was referring to the post above mine. ty tessman not running the kit shock caps haha.
  • Hello! Could someone do me a huge favor and measure the exact distance between the holes (center to center) on one D413 wing mount? Thanks!

    (Between the two vertical holes on one mount for mounting on the shock tower)
  • Quote: Hello! Could someone do me a huge favor and measure the exact distance between the holes (center to center) on one D413 wing mount? Thanks!
    It's 35mm center-to-center.
  • What gearing are people running on this car with a 13.5 motor. Medium sized track.
  • Just joined, first post. I just popped my rear diff housing and found the forward arm screws pushed through the plastic ruined the housing and crushed the bearing. I used the kit 20mm screw and assembled as directed but can't figure where I went wrong. Based on the screw damage I'd guess the 20mm screw is 3-4mm too long. I set the screws flush, this makes no sense. If anyone has any experience with this, I'm baffled. I can replace the lower housing, bearing, shim, and then hack the screws but that just seems wrong.
  • Quote: who are you kidding!! come on...
    how many pro driver are running a all stock sold to the public kit?
    This incident in Chico made everyone think the car was indestructible which is false. Just stating that Ty would have also been sidelined in that crash. There have been quite a few of us that had shocks pop off early on before the new parts were released.
  • Quote: This incident in Chico made everyone think the car was indestructible which is false. Just stating that Ty would have also been sidelined in that crash. There have been quite a few of us that had shocks pop off early on before the new parts were released.
    i agree they are cheap shock caps and not a good idea on a 4x4 buggy.
  • Looks like parts went from 'late april' to now 'late june'...interesting (on Tower). This car awesome, a tank and I haven't had any major need for parts, but that can't be good. Anybody from HPI/HB on this thread?