Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree45Likes

Old 05-28-2015, 03:16 PM   #9271
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
HB carbon fiber has magical properties... that is why it is 2x - 5x as expensive as any other carbon fiber!
Now i feel better cause I bought one to months ago. Lol. I was starting to feel like a dumb ***.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:33 PM   #9272
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks Kevink and nitro for the sway bar tips!!!
jjl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:38 PM   #9273
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
this thread needs some photos. here is my hot rod
My ride for the 13.5 wheeler class.....
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-img_0663.jpg   Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-img_0661.jpg   Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-img_0660.jpg   Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-img_0665.jpg  
SeanKewley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:23 PM   #9274
Tech Adept

Second qualifier at Norcal Hobbies, shot from the D413 with 13.5 with Mobius Action cam c lens

comming from a 6.5, the 13.5 feels slooooooooow, i managed a hotlap of 16.8, while the b44.2 driver managed consistent 16.5, and was able to tripple it, while i was forced to double single it. i am running exotech 69T spur and 31T pinion, and its comes off at 172F. it drives really good, just slow accelerating. my buggy weighs the same as the 44.2...so i think it comes down to a heavy driveline with 3 gear diffs, vs light 2 ball diff and a slipper....i was considering trying to run earplugs in the front and center diff to lighten it up (thats what we used in onroad before i went back to a spool up front (no center diff nor slipper)) third option would be to convert a slipper from b44 to stuff in the center.

currently running 200K in the center which is awesome for onpower steering, for once i have soo much of it i had to dail down the DR, 20K up front and 7K in the rear....buggy drives nice....just slow and not very punchy.....other option is to lighten it...but theres not much that can be done, TI tie rods are only 4grams lighter for all 6. Ti this and that might net 30 grams. center diff spool, about 50 grams and that would be rotating mass which would be awesome.

hints and ideas are welcome

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by Cygnus X; 05-28-2015 at 09:43 PM.
Cygnus X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:00 PM   #9275
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus X View Post
Second qualifier at Norcal Hobbies, shot from the D413 with 13.5 with Mobius Action cam c lens

comming from a 6.5, the 13.5 feels slooooooooow, i managed a hotlap of 16.8, while the b44.2 driver managed consistent 16.5, and was able to tripple it, while i was forced to double single it. i am running exotech 69T spur and 31T pinion, and its comes off at 172F. it drives really good, just slow accelerating. my buggy weighs the same as the 44.2...so i think it comes down to a heavy driveline with 3 gear diffs, vs light 2 ball diff and a slipper....i was considering trying to run earplugs in the front and center diff to lighten it up (thats what we used in onroad before i went back to a spool up front (no center diff nor slipper)) third option would be to convert a slipper from b44 to stuff in the center.

currently running 200K in the center which is awesome for onpower steering, for once i have soo much of it i had to dail down the DR, 20K up front and 7K in the rear....buggy drives nice....just slow and not very punchy.....other option is to lighten it...but theres not much that can be done, TI tie rods are only 4grams lighter for all 6. Ti this and that might net 30 grams. center diff spool, about 50 grams and that would be rotating mass which would be awesome.

hints and ideas are welcome

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
I feel your center diff oil is way to heavy for that small of a track. Are you pushing badly? Motor timing could be part of the problem. Weight isn't the issue. What setup are you running? I take it that you're testing for the race in June?
Old 05-28-2015, 11:35 PM   #9276
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanKewley View Post
My ride for the 13.5 wheeler class.....

Great formula 1 look. I even like the ram on the front for those slow guys that don't get out of the way. Can never go wrong with red white and black.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:24 AM   #9277
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is it normal for the shock springs to be to short to for the shocks? I had to back the washer thing off quite a bit before the spring to fit the shocks
cripplethreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:32 AM   #9278
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripplethreat View Post
Is it normal for the shock springs to be to short to for the shocks? I had to back the washer thing off quite a bit before the spring to fit the shocks
Washer thing?
Mantis Toboggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:30 AM   #9279
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

just built mine after a couple of years umming and erring.....

seems to be quite a bit of drag in the drive train, not surprised however considering the weight of 3 gear diffs.

wouldn't think this car would be good for 13.5 / 17.5 blinky!
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:35 AM   #9280
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro2be View Post
Great formula 1 look. I even like the ram on the front for those slow guys that don't get out of the way. Can never go wrong with red white and black.
Thanks. I'm sure I'll get teased for having a bumper, but I also like the mud guards for the shocks. Gonna put them back on too.
SeanKewley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:30 PM   #9281
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
Washer thing?

It was early in the morning and I couldn't think if the word.. with the shock fully built the spring doesn't fit the shock really.. you have to back the shock collar back a lot till the spring finally reaches the shock collar. Sorry for my poor wording early.
cripplethreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:33 PM   #9282
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
I feel your center diff oil is way to heavy for that small of a track. Are you pushing badly? Motor timing could be part of the problem. Weight isn't the issue. What setup are you running? I take it that you're testing for the race in June?

motor is a team powers and they like timing...a lot of it !

center diff is thick, but my thought on that is the b44.2 gets by with a slipper + spool....so i wanted to try 200k just for the fun of it, and its awesome, so much forward bite and ton of steering.

i pretty much run josh close's setup on this car (it was his car :-)

so 20k front, 200K center, 7k rear, he ran 50w in the shocks, with 2 hole 1.5mm holes, car drives and feels really good...had too much steering but thats what dual rate is for

i run exotech 69T spur and 31T pinion, max timing 13.5, car comes off at 172F after 6-7 minutes which is a little on the hot side but ok

i have tried 28-29-30-31t pinion, and 31 gave best result that day

since my car weighs the same as a b44.2....then thats not the problem....i am thinking (i know its hard to believe that i am LOL) but theres a ton of rotating mass and that has to hurt my acceleration.

so the only way i see the d413 working in 13.5 is to lower weight

yeah i am gonna be there for the belt race....norcal is my home away from home, im in one of the office pitspots come say hi
Cygnus X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:05 PM   #9283
Tech Rookie

Hey. I am having a problem with steering on my buggy I have way to much and can't get rid of it. I have tried the stiffest sway bar and have tried only up to 10000 front diff oil. Do I need to go higher on front diff oil?
bosborne77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:25 PM   #9284
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripplethreat View Post
It was early in the morning and I couldn't think if the word.. with the shock fully built the spring doesn't fit the shock really.. you have to back the shock collar back a lot till the spring finally reaches the shock collar. Sorry for my poor wording early.
Look at pictures of other peoples cars on here. I think you're gonna find your spring collars are in the same place as everyone else. What ride height are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosborne77 View Post
Hey. I am having a problem with steering on my buggy I have way to much and can't get rid of it. I have tried the stiffest sway bar and have tried only up to 10000 front diff oil. Do I need to go higher on front diff oil?
There are lots of other adjustments to make. What setup are you running? What tires do you run?
Mantis Toboggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:54 PM   #9285
Tech Initiate

Hey all,just had the first drive with the D413 and out of the box it's very nice, car it kit setup apart from 5k 30k 3k in the diffs,what does having the wing lower do?
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-d413.jpg  
NZracer07 is offline   Reply With Quote