Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy >

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Old 03-30-2015, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitro2be
Are u guys sanding down your tires to what u like or using right out of the bag? Also when I'm watching racing on TV some indoor clay tracks are dark chocolate color and others milk chocolate, what's difference, Harder, softer, more traction?
Typically clay from different regions or even different pits will yeild different colors. Sand content also will affect the color.

The traction of clay not only depends on the type of clay, but also air temp vs ground temp, watering program, how much traffic it has seen and many other factors.

Your best bet is to either ask of stalk the fastest guys at your track and copy what they are doing. And don't cut any corners, do it exactly like they do it.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vinny Cancilla
Do you mean .3 seconds? There's no way an extra 4mm chassis would shave 3 seconds off your lap times.
On our current layout the best time I had prior to the chassis was 15laps 5m10 and this past weeknd I was doing 15laps 5m7 in qualifying.
It felt less twitchy and I could get on it harder and push it harder. Now each person has there own driving style, but right off the bat in the morning practice if felt 10x times better than prior

Maybe it was also the exotek wing mounts too... LOL j/k
Old 03-30-2015, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HSV427
OMG installed the schelle chassis today and what a difference i was a full 2 seconds faster than i ever was with the stock chassis, this is buy far the best upgrade you can buy for your D413, and to all you people that think its only bling you clearly haven't tried it, my buggy was so much more flat and stable than it was before it even jumps and lands better than before.
Ohh look someone else that claimed they got faster with the chassis as well.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snwchris
On our current layout the best time I had prior to the chassis was 15laps 5m10 and this past weeknd I was doing 15laps 5m7 in qualifying.
It felt less twitchy and I could get on it harder and push it harder. Now each person has there own driving style, but right off the bat in the morning practice if felt 10x times better than prior
Ok, that makes sense in a 5 minute qualifier. I was thinking of getting one myself. Did you have to make any changes to your setup and Do you run run your arms all the way forward?
Old 03-30-2015, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vinny Cancilla
Ok, that makes sense in a 5 minute qualifier. I was thinking of getting one myself. Did you have to make any changes to your setup and Do you run run your arms all the way forward?
I'm basically running TYs original Reedy setup, with a couple tweaks based on our track. I'm running HB Red Fronts 37.5 Losi wt and HB Gold Rears 30 Losi wt. with the 2x1.6 & 2x1.7 pistons. This is same setup from the stock chassis.

I'm really looking forward to trying this buggy outside, once weather is good enough around here
Old 03-30-2015, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

for those who run the d413 outdoors, what front tires are you using? Doesn't seem like anyone makes matching fronts and rears on patterns that would work outside.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:29 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ironzgti35
for those who run the d413 outdoors, what front tires are you using? Doesn't seem like anyone makes matching fronts and rears on patterns that would work outside.
Holeshots if the track doesn't have a clean groove, HB Fullslots if there is minimal dust in the groove.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I ran green Double Dees front and rear in an outdoor track in Florida. My car was awesome!
Old 03-30-2015, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

I'm planning on buying AKA Impacts F/R and the PL Holeshots F/R
They look like the only tires that would work on track in my area based on what 4x4 SCT would run and what I also liked in Ebuggy
I'm also willing to bet or hoping that the Electrons might work too, since mine still have good tread wear left
Old 03-30-2015, 09:36 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Calibers and Goosebumps are other options if the track is loamy. You could always pull the old school trick of narrowing rear tires, as long as you're good.

All that said, all this tire info would be the same no matter what 4wd buggy you had, so it doesn't really belong here in the D413 thread.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan
all this tire info would be the same no matter what 4wd buggy you had, so it doesn't really belong here in the D413 thread.
What??? LOL
Why cause people are trying to gage what tires would be a good idea to run or try without wasting lots of money on useless tires.

That would be like saying talking about motors & escs in here doesn't belong.... LOL
Old 03-30-2015, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What??? LOL
Why cause people are trying to gage what tires would be a good idea to run or try without wasting lots of money on useless tires.

That would be like saying talking about motors & escs in here doesn't belong.... LOL
No no no..I think the info on tire's is pretty useless...I mean come on..see what tires people are running and what people like in effort to guide and maybe save some money isn't a par for the thread.

Lets go back to the normal topic's...Slop, front towers breaking, supply restraint of parts and kits.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

4w buggy outdoors has never been big in this area and with all the new models, it sounds like most will give 4w buggy a try this summer. Typically a lot of guys jump to 4x4 SCT, Ebuggy and Nitro Buggy come outdoor season.

This is my first run with 4w buggy and like others curious as to what to try for outdoors, since front matching 4wd tires are limited.

Wait it has slop, what slop... towers breaking what towers, parts restraints... hmmm weird cause I found parts just the other day... LOL

Hmmm I wonder what shinny part I can add that will make it perform better... LOL

Oh this past weekend with running the Schelle chassis, I ran ***** tires and were hooked up... LOL
Old 03-30-2015, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

4w buggy outdoors has never been big in this area and with all the new models, it sounds like most will give 4w buggy a try this summer. Typically a lot of guys jump to 4x4 SCT, Ebuggy and Nitro Buggy come outdoor season.

This is my first run with 4w buggy and like others curious as to what to try for outdoors, since front matching 4wd tires are limited.

Wait it has slop, what slop... towers breaking what towers, parts restraints... hmmm weird cause I found parts just the other day... LOL

Hmmm I wonder what shinny part I can add that will make it perform better... LOL

Oh this past weekend with running the Schelle chassis, I ran ***** tires and were hooked up... LOL
What?? I didn't know they made Integy tires!!
Old 03-30-2015, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Aka doesn't make impacts for the fronts, at least from what I saw. There is no other outdoor track in the area that runs 10th scale so showing up and seeing what people run is not an option.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.