Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy >

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Old 03-22-2015, 05:11 PM
  #8506  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Shark413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,554
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

FYI, I have a bunch of D413 parts (new) in the for sale section. Anyone looking to pick up some spares or plan on doing a rebuild can picked them up for a good price.
Shark413 is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 05:18 PM
  #8507  
Tech Apprentice
 
SeanKewley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Hustisford, WI
Posts: 55
Default

I'm definitely looking to ease back into this, but it seems that the KV ratings are all over the place when shopping by # of turns. I'm thinking 3800Kv would be about right for an entry point, but many companies only list turn #s, not kv. Coming from FE boat racing we pick everything based on kv rating, effeciency, and watt rating.

LRP makes a sensored motor in the 3800kv range. I assume you can pair any sensored motor with a sensored ESC of any make ESC.

Is the difference between a sensored motor vs. sensorless going to be that apparent to someone getting back into the hobby?
SeanKewley is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 06:00 PM
  #8508  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 259
Default

Originally Posted by SeanKewley
I'm definitely looking to ease back into this, but it seems that the KV ratings are all over the place when shopping by # of turns. I'm thinking 3800Kv would be about right for an entry point, but many companies only list turn #s, not kv. Coming from FE boat racing we pick everything based on kv rating, effeciency, and watt rating.

LRP makes a sensored motor in the 3800kv range. I assume you can pair any sensored motor with a sensored ESC of any make ESC.

Is the difference between a sensored motor vs. sensorless going to be that apparent to someone getting back into the hobby?
Try a 8.5t I have a 6.5t lrp and esc had good luck with lrp stuff so far
turtle189 is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 06:33 PM
  #8509  
Tech Rookie
iTrader: (2)
 
teetriple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 15
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Sean I would agree 8.5 is a good start I also run a 6.5 but your just getting back in 8.5 would be good . But I have seen you wheel an FE boat and I think you would have no problem with a 8.5 or 6.5 I run with the guys at MMEU thats were I saw you run think it was the P shootout or
the Mich Cup . I think myself coming from RC cars then to FE boats that you will find a sensored ESC to be smoother than are FE ESC that feel more like an on off switch
teetriple is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 06:48 PM
  #8510  
Tech Master
iTrader: (29)
 
egobrkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,949
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

So just race my first club race with the d413. I TQ 'ed the first round and fell to 2nd after the 2nd round. In the main I had a good run but pushed the buggy too hard and made some mistakes. Finished 2nd overall. Everyone was impressed with my buggy and let a few people drive it and they liked it. I'm very happy with my choice to get this buggy. I am a very aggressive driver coming from 1/8. I was able the push the d413 almost as hard as I do my ebuggy. Just need a little more rear traction and I think it will be hard to beat. I also tested the durability with multiple cart wheels without a broken part. Everyone that saw it said if it was any other brand I would have broken all 4 arms. I just laughed.
egobrkr is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 07:05 PM
  #8511  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (146)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,387
Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by egobrkr
So just race my first club race with the d413. I TQ 'ed the first round and fell to 2nd after the 2nd round. In the main I had a good run but pushed the buggy too hard and made some mistakes. Finished 2nd overall. Everyone was impressed with my buggy and let a few people drive it and they liked it. I'm very happy with my choice to get this buggy. I am a very aggressive driver coming from 1/8. I was able the push the d413 almost as hard as I do my ebuggy. Just need a little more rear traction and I think it will be hard to beat. I also tested the durability with multiple cart wheels without a broken part. Everyone that saw it said if it was any other brand I would have broken all 4 arms. I just laughed.
just make sure to check the screws that go into the suspension hangers. after a few good cartwheels, they can get bent and it's not immediately noticeable. fortunately, it's an easy fix (much easier than a broken arm).
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 07:53 PM
  #8512  
Tech Apprentice
 
SeanKewley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Hustisford, WI
Posts: 55
Default

Originally Posted by teetriple
Sean I would agree 8.5 is a good start I also run a 6.5 but your just getting back in 8.5 would be good . But I have seen you wheel an FE boat and I think you would have no problem with a 8.5 or 6.5 I run with the guys at MMEU thats were I saw you run think it was the P shootout or
the Mich Cup . I think myself coming from RC cars then to FE boats that you will find a sensored ESC to be smoother than are FE ESC that feel more like an on off switch
Hey Tony!
I remember talking with you at the P-shoot out about motorcycles. Small world. Thanks for the insight on the sensored systems. What tracks are you racing at? I might start traveling for the cars too.
SeanKewley is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 08:06 PM
  #8513  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 635
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

[IMG][/IMG]

figured i post this up since theres literally one picture of this body on the internet. JConcepts Silencer. Doesn't get near the love as the Type R does. My buddy just hooked it up with a pretty sic paint job.
CaseyD is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 08:20 PM
  #8514  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (11)
 
Lazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 260
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HSV427
Just wondering is there any advantage in running the exotek spur gear, i stripped the stock spur and was wondering should i just replace it with the stock one or upgrade to the exotek.
YES!

i`m using the Exotek one since december.
/was esting it for him/ and i still running the same one.
awesome product!
Lazi is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 08:50 PM
  #8515  
Tech Rookie
iTrader: (2)
 
teetriple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 15
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I am racing at a local indoor track it's only 15 minutes from my front door so it's pretty convenient. It's called the RC clubhouse they host a lot big races one coming up next month think it's the J concepts invitational we do have a good amount of tracks in my area I can think of 5 off the top of my head that are within an hour of me. Got my D413 when they first came out have not broken anything so far I think you will really like it
teetriple is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 11:10 PM
  #8516  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (30)
 
HSV427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Default

Just out off curiosity has any one else stripped an engine mount, i find that if only just tighten it, it comes loose and if i over tighten it it stripps, I'm really struggling to find that sweet spot.
HSV427 is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 11:23 PM
  #8517  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In a VAN down by the RIVER
Posts: 805
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HSV427
Just out off curiosity has any one else stripped an engine mount, i find that if only just tighten it, it comes loose and if i over tighten it it stripps, I'm really struggling to find that sweet spot.
Sorry to say, there is no "sweet spot"... stripped is stripped. You will have to replace it, or you may be able to drill it out and tap it to the next size larger screw.
Sofa King is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 11:42 PM
  #8518  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (30)
 
HSV427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Sofa King
Sorry to say, there is no "sweet spot"... stripped is stripped. You will have to replace it, or you may be able to drill it out and tap it to the next size larger screw.
Thanks for your response but i was talking about the sweet spot on the new engine mount as i really don't want to strip another one.
HSV427 is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 11:42 PM
  #8519  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
nitro2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Corona CA.
Posts: 544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HSV427
Just out off curiosity has any one else stripped an engine mount, i find that if only just tighten it, it comes loose and if i over tighten it it stripps, I'm really struggling to find that sweet spot.
I always blue loctite 24 hours before I go to track.never has failed. You already know you need to replace yours and it's not cheap.
nitro2be is offline  
Old 03-22-2015, 11:49 PM
  #8520  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (30)
 
HSV427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitro2be
I always blue loctite 24 hours before I go to track.never has failed. You already know you need to replace yours and it's not cheap.
Exactly at $80 Australian delivered its an expensive learning curve, ill try the loctite thanks its just not some were i would normally put lactate but your right blue is only medium strength so ill give it a try.
HSV427 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.