Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy >

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Old 03-09-2015, 10:18 PM
  #8296  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 635
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Did you put the shims in properly on the cone gear that catches the front and rear diff gears?
CaseyD is offline  
Old 03-09-2015, 10:19 PM
  #8297  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
nitro2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Corona CA.
Posts: 544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CaseyD
What about if you accidentally put 3000? That would be like running a completely backed off slipper?
I'd bet it still go fast, I run 5k in my nitro center and it has a clutch..lol
nitro2be is offline  
Old 03-09-2015, 10:20 PM
  #8298  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 635
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

It will definitely be louder than your B44 but should be a solid sounding noise not crunchy
CaseyD is offline  
Old 03-09-2015, 10:22 PM
  #8299  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 635
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitro2be
I'd bet it still go fast, I run 5k in my nitro center and it has a clutch..lol
Really? This is my first 4wd and first center gear diff. I just figured 10k and lower would feel like a loose slipper. 100k seems the norm and I think Torrance stated if there was a big quad he would throw 300k in there.
CaseyD is offline  
Old 03-09-2015, 10:23 PM
  #8300  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
nitro2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Corona CA.
Posts: 544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dblhelx
It's my first buggy in years since my B44 but it doesn't sound good. VERY loud gear action like it's skipping but yet it still crawls forward.
Now we're getting some where..1st post , VERY LOUD GEAR NOISES would of helped..lol..how's your plastic spur gear look..stripped? You need to turn your diffs by the out drives and see if smooth.
nitro2be is offline  
Old 03-09-2015, 10:26 PM
  #8301  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 145
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitro2be
Now we're getting some where..1st post , VERY LOUD GEAR NOISES would of helped..lol..how's your plastic spur gear look..stripped? You need to turn your diffs by the out drives and see if smooth.
Plastic gear is still perfect.
dblhelx is offline  
Old 03-09-2015, 10:27 PM
  #8302  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
nitro2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Corona CA.
Posts: 544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CaseyD
Really? This is my first 4wd and first center gear diff. I just figured 10k and lower would feel like a loose slipper. 100k seems the norm and I think Torrance stated if there was a big quad he would throw 300k in there.
this is my 1st 1/10 electric car and I was shocked that u guys run 100k and up..but have to say 100k kicks ass in this car..my nitro is ran on loose out door track and anything 10k or higher makes car to squirrelly
nitro2be is offline  
Old 03-09-2015, 10:30 PM
  #8303  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 635
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitro2be
this is my 1st 1/10 electric car and I was shocked that u guys run 100k and up..but have to say 100k kicks ass in this car..my nitro is ran on loose out door track and anything 10k or higher makes car to squirrelly
Gotcha. Surprising to hear that such heavy cars run such light oil. I believe Ty went up to 10k in is front diff for Reedy!!
CaseyD is offline  
Old 03-09-2015, 10:31 PM
  #8304  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
nitro2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Corona CA.
Posts: 544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dblhelx
Plastic gear is still perfect.
Then must be in front or rear diff.you said center already checked. Shims won't be your problem. Those shims so small just prevents long term wear..must disassemble front and rear diffs and when assembly make sure it turns smooth before installing.
nitro2be is offline  
Old 03-09-2015, 10:34 PM
  #8305  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
nitro2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Corona CA.
Posts: 544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CaseyD
If your teeth were barely catching and slipping that bad it would sound awful. So I guess the question is how does it sound?
There are 4 washers, not shims that go behind each of the 4 spider gear to make proper mesh.those are important .you may be right casey
nitro2be is offline  
Old 03-09-2015, 10:38 PM
  #8306  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
nitro2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Corona CA.
Posts: 544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CaseyD
Gotcha. Surprising to hear that such heavy cars run such light oil. I believe Ty went up to 10k in is front diff for Reedy!!
look at ty's nitro d812 set up.center probably 10k or 15k at most..mugen set up is 7k 7k 3k
nitro2be is offline  
Old 03-09-2015, 10:40 PM
  #8307  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 635
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

only if both front and rear are messed up though. He said it barely crawls forward, even if one diff was working correctly it would seem like it had some power. The other diff would have to be working as a brake and that would be pretty obvious with the wheels not wanting to move. Seems more center issue to me. I don't know, just trying to throw some ideas out there. I would have already thrown the buggy across the back yard!!!
CaseyD is offline  
Old 03-09-2015, 10:43 PM
  #8308  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 635
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Yea you're right, 10k in his D8T at nitro challenge.
CaseyD is offline  
Old 03-09-2015, 10:52 PM
  #8309  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
nitro2be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Corona CA.
Posts: 544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CaseyD
only if both front and rear are messed up though. He said it barely crawls forward, even if one diff was working correctly it would seem like it had some power. The other diff would have to be working as a brake and that would be pretty obvious with the wheels not wanting to move. Seems more center issue to me. I don't know, just trying to throw some ideas out there. I would have already thrown the buggy across the back yard!!!
I'm thinking all three are messed up..he's missing washers behind the 4 gears.those are big enough to cause slippage if not installed. did u have a lot spar parts when u finished your build....lololol.
nitro2be is offline  
Old 03-09-2015, 10:58 PM
  #8310  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 635
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Oh how nice HB sure gave a lot of spares with this car. I always figured I was just saving weight.
CaseyD is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.