Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy >

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree54Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Reply

Old 02-09-2015, 12:19 PM
  #7576  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: canada
Posts: 13
Default

im looking to buy this buggy. I race on a ozite carpet indoor track. I own a tlr 22-4 and wanting to upgrade to this kit. when should it come of back order? parts aswell? im hoping that hot bodies gets over this issue soon.
hbae3052 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:19 PM
  #7577  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In a VAN down by the RIVER
Posts: 762
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
Got those cheap graphite arm inserts off eBay. Came pretty quick and the fit is perfect:

I got some of those too, fit was perfect... unlike the ones from HB which DON'T and require a bunch of file work.
Sofa King is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:24 PM
  #7578  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
MasiisaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
I got some of those too, fit was perfect... unlike the ones from HB which DON'T and require a bunch of file work.
I didn't have to do anything to put the HB carbon inserts in. They were turn key and required no bench work. Maybe i got a lucky batch..
MasiisaM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:56 PM
  #7579  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Houston,TX
Posts: 869
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

what are you guys running in the diffs?
chrisnitro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:05 PM
  #7580  
ISH
Tech Adept
 
ISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: So Cal
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by chrisnitro View Post
what are you guys running in the diffs?
F7k,C100k,R5k
ISH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:27 PM
  #7581  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
MasiisaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chrisnitro View Post
what are you guys running in the diffs?

Med/high bite i will go with 7/100/3
MasiisaM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:56 PM
  #7582  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (86)
 
jhautz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,263
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chrisnitro View Post
what are you guys running in the diffs?
10/100/3 med/high traction, med/large size clay track.
jhautz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:21 PM
  #7583  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Middle, TN.
Posts: 569
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MasiisaM View Post
I didn't have to do anything to put the HB carbon inserts in. They were turn key and required no bench work. Maybe i got a lucky batch..
Mine fit just fine as well. First I've read about anyone having a problem with the fit. The price from HB is a little silly but not the quality, from my experience.
iScream is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:32 PM
  #7584  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Middle, TN.
Posts: 569
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Egress View Post
Thanks for your comment, but in case the car flips or bounces After a Jump is it the Springs that should be softer? How does affect hard oil and relatively soft springs the handling?
I'm running 90 percent of the Tessmann carpet setup and thought it was pretty darn good Sunday on our carpet track. Two weeks ago I tried the setup with extra kickup rather than the 5 dot ackerman arms and too much camber along with thicker sway bars I made from Serpent parts. I was traction rolling with very little warning but the car was pretty good on the jumps.

I ordered and installed the 5 dot arms and set my kickup back to the 8 degrees from the Tessmann setup. The sudden traction rolls went away and I should have pushed the car harder through the turns than I actually did. The only difference between my setup and the Tessmann setup sheet is my 1.8mm Serpent sway bars and I have HB red springs on both ends.
iScream is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:53 PM
  #7585  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Middle, TN.
Posts: 569
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I've been wondering if I should adjust my center diff oil weight. I'm running 60K right now but most high traction setups seem to be a little to a lot higher weight. What difference will the thicker oil in the center diff make? I have some knowledge of how to tune diff oils for outdoor medium grip conditions but really don't know much about indoor high grip.
iScream is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:56 PM
  #7586  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Lowe's48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,007
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

How much does it weigh with a shorty set up ? Saddle set up ?
Lowe's48 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:22 PM
  #7587  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 223
Default

Hey guys, I'm gonna pull the trigger on purchasing this bad machine here real soon so I've been reading through this thread before I ask many questions, I'm almost to page 200 and I see people talking about sanding and sealing the edges of the carbon fiber? I don't have much experience with cf so far and I know this car is like 80% so I'm looking for tips on taking care of it? Sorry if I just haven't come to that discussion yet or if it's covered in a specific thread, thanks for any info
mikeinsocal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:46 PM
  #7588  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
mvrk28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mikeinsocal View Post
Hey guys, I'm gonna pull the trigger on purchasing this bad machine here real soon so I've been reading through this thread before I ask many questions, I'm almost to page 200 and I see people talking about sanding and sealing the edges of the carbon fiber? I don't have much experience with cf so far and I know this car is like 80% so I'm looking for tips on taking care of it? Sorry if I just haven't come to that discussion yet or if it's covered in a specific thread, thanks for any info
From what I've been told sanding is optional, some people like to chamfer the edges to make it look trick, but you can just seal the edges and that would be more than fine.
mvrk28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:59 PM
  #7589  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 219
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default

I can't wait to find some front shock tower mount.
Boostgod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:25 AM
  #7590  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
jwood7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 856
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by iScream View Post
I've been wondering if I should adjust my center diff oil weight. I'm running 60K right now but most high traction setups seem to be a little to a lot higher weight. What difference will the thicker oil in the center diff make? I have some knowledge of how to tune diff oils for outdoor medium grip conditions but really don't know much about indoor high grip.
basicly its locking the center. car will accelerate harder but will also have a drag brake type feel when u let off. if u feel the center diff fade and start to slip u defidently need to go up in weight. best thing to do is try it and see how u like it
jwood7 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service