Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 08:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RENOV8R
Just ordered all new bearings from Avid. Tore down the buggy after the first run and both large back bearings and one front bearing were super notchy. Anybody else experienced this?
I am still on the kit bearings. they are not notchy, but they are also not very good. Your better off with the Avid Bearing Kit.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skeasor
Is this still the part number for the aluminum shock caps? #114112. I'll be building one of these kits soon and would like to start off with the aluminum caps. I haven't been able to find them: http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/114112

edit: I think I found it: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXEYVD&P=ML
I don't think the HB Aluminums are in stock yet.

I'm still running the stock set and even have the B5 Composite ones in my tool bag as back ups.
The stocks ones have been fine, the biggest thing to remember is when your rebuilding shocks is to remove the shock mount from tower instead of popping the shock ball cap on and off, to help eliminate wear on bull cup
Old 01-27-2015, 08:22 AM
Tech Prophet

My shock caps popped off a couple time. then I cleaned out the cups per someones suggestion and I have not had one pop off in a long time. I think the shock cap thing is a bit over blown. There is not a "real" issue, people just want to bolt them on for peace of mind.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
My shock caps popped off a couple time. then I cleaned out the cups per someones suggestion and I have not had one pop off in a long time. I think the shock cap thing is a bit over blown. There is not a "real" issue, people just want to bolt them on for peace of mind.
I think I fall into that category, "for peace of mind"
Old 01-27-2015, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RENOV8R
Just ordered all new bearings from Avid. Tore down the buggy after the first run and both large back bearings and one front bearing were super notchy. Anybody else experienced this?
I was servicing my car last week and noticed the same thing. My car didn't sound the same. I thought it was the rear diff at first but turned out to be the bearings. They were also really notchy. Mainly the smaller bearings. I replaced all four and it is back to normal. I think I might replace the front ones too just to keep everything in sync.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kdeleon
I was servicing my car last week and noticed the same thing. My car didn't sound the same. I thought it was the rear diff at first but turned out to be the bearings. They were also really notchy. Mainly the smaller bearings. I replaced all four and it is back to normal. I think I might replace the front ones too just to keep everything in sync.
Which bearings are you referring to?

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

I also ordered the aluminum shock caps but I might wait until others try them (when they finally come in). For all the complaining of the standard ones, I like the design. I would much rather have them pop off in a crash then have the CF front shock tower be torn apart. It is much easier and cheaper to just pop them back in. Or replace them if they start popping out more often.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by skeasor
Which bearings are you referring to?

Thanks!
The rear hub bearings (2 on each side). The bearings around the diff/outdrive were dirty but they were smooth.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:35 AM
Tech Prophet

I also ordered the aluminum shock caps but I might wait until others try them (when they finally come in). For all the complaining of the standard ones, I like the design. I would much rather have them pop off in a crash then have the CF front shock tower be torn apart. It is much easier and cheaper to just pop them back in. Or replace them if they start popping out more often.
the stock caps dont dig into the track as much. I tried the AE ones and I could tell that they were digging in much more. Which is my mind means more force being transferred to the tower. Plus, the stock caps are really easy to wipe down. I will probably run the stock caps until they become a problem.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I havent really had an issue with the stock caps..They have popped off twice and with good reason...i had a few pretty good get off's when they popped. In fact i was surprised i didn't break anything.

speaking of breaking..on the last few days of running i've had my left rear tie rod ball cup snap on me right where it tapers to fit the hub..(where it goes from round to flat). Didn't have any get off's i can think of that would cause it to break..the odd thing it's just the left rear that keeps breaking. (three times now).

Checked to see if anything else might be bent causing it to break...but its all square and good to go.

anyone else breaking right there?
Old 01-27-2015, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

The rear hub bearings (2 on each side). The bearings around the diff/outdrive were dirty but they were smooth.
Thanks!
Old 01-27-2015, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

[QUOTE=MasiisaM;13809599
speaking of breaking..on the last few days of running i've had my left rear tie rod ball cup snap on me right where it tapers to fit the hub..(where it goes from round to flat). Didn't have any get off's i can think of that would cause it to break..the odd thing it's just the left rear that keeps breaking. (three times now).

Checked to see if anything else might be bent causing it to break...but its all square and good to go.

anyone else breaking right there?[/QUOTE]

I have broke a few. I modified mine and have not had any issues since..and I should have lol. I took sandpaper to rough up the small cavity where it breaks then clean with alcohol. Take carbon fiber plate and use razor blade to shave it off and make powder. Mix a bunch in with CA (slower setting would be better than AKA I used) and fill the void in the rod end. Do both sides of the rod end.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Yeti AS3
I have broke a few. I modified mine and have not had any issues since..and I should have lol. I took sandpaper to rough up the small cavity where it breaks then clean with alcohol. Take carbon fiber plate and use razor blade to shave it off and make powder. Mix a bunch in with CA (slower setting would be better than AKA I used) and fill the void in the rod end. Do both sides of the rod end.
Holy crap, lol.

I never broke a cup. Still never broken a part. maybe I need to try harder, lol
Old 01-27-2015, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Holy crap, lol.

I never broke a cup. Still never broken a part. maybe I need to try harder, lol
You're slacking man! The temp in the track area is prob 55 deg too which may play a part. I will say I was a little rough after coming back after 2 yrs or so.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti AS3
Damn...thats some breaking bad stuff right there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.