Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Deguzman
if I knew the exact date I would've posted it already.
which is why i said "around". i know you don't want to paint yourself into a corner by posting a date. i get it. just trying to show enthusiasm for the upcoming release. no need to get snippy.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Tech Addict

one too many beers this Saturday night. let's say 'around' late November.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jason248
Yup center diff is much nicer than a slipper set up. This will be the reason I get this buggy. I hate slippers and ball diffs lol
This is just the reason I built a 1/10 buggy with three oil diffs, thread is on here someplace, diden't get much interest so stopped updating it, but the buggy is super steady and very easy to drive fast, made mine with a nice long wheelbase for our outdoor loose track and it rocks!!

Looking forward to this buggy coming out, may just pick one up.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Torrance. Will AMAIN get these to sell or should I be watching a different place for maybe a pre-order?
Old 10-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

same question on tower hobbies. leaning towards this vehicle as it has three oil filled diffs and durability from what I hear.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Mr. Deguzman, can you explain the premise behind using the center diff? Was this just for maintinence? Or is performance the driving factor?
Old 10-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My guess is for the same reason that every 1/8th scale buggy uses a center diff...
Old 10-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speed Freak RC
My guess is for the same reason that every 1/8th scale buggy uses a center diff...
There are many reasons for that: 1) 'everyone else does it so it must be the best option' 2) slipper would catch on fire in one lap in a car that big 3) shares parts.

The theory behind a center diff in a tenth scale actually makes more sense than having one in an 1/8th scale if we were only talking about traction levels (not wear and tear), as it would allow the front and rear of the car to 'adapt' to the traction available and be as efficient as possible with the grip the small tires have.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Torrance. Will AMAIN get these to sell or should I be watching a different place for maybe a pre-order?
yes, Amain should have them. as well as Tower, and everyone else who stocks HB/HPI products.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

ooooh, tower has the best codes for kits. nice.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:17 PM
Tech Legend

+1 on tower. Hopefully they don't try to make it up by pricing it higher than other places.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcboy1
Mr. Deguzman, can you explain the premise behind using the center diff? Was this just for maintinence? Or is performance the driving factor?
Performance. We didn't really spend too much time thinking about the pros and cons of diff vs slipper. We just tried it. From 1/8 4WD buggy experience we know how much influence the center diff has on the car's handling so why not have one on a 1/10 4WD buggy? The center diff was in fact a suggestion that came from the Tessmanns. The first time I met them after I started working for HPI/HB they had already brought with them a D4 modified to fit a touring car gear diff as a center diff. We tested it back to back with a slipper at WCRC and it immediately showed potential. My first thought was that it must have been forbidden in the rules because it was so obvious yet nobody else has one. I checked all the rule books and sure enough none of them said anything about a center diff so we proceeded with it.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Performance. We didn't really spend too much time thinking about the pros and cons of diff vs slipper. We just tried it. From 1/8 4WD buggy experience we know how much influence the center diff has on the car's handling so why not have one on a 1/10 4WD buggy? The center diff was in fact a suggestion that came from the Tessmanns. The first time I met them after I started working for HPI/HB they had already brought with them a D4 modified to fit a touring car gear diff as a center diff. We tested it back to back with a slipper at WCRC and it immediately showed potential. My first thought was that it must have been forbidden in the rules because it was so obvious yet nobody else has one. I checked all the rule books and sure enough none of them said anything about a center diff so we proceeded with it.
I actually figured the Tessmans wouldve already had this planned out I agree on the simple thought of bringing over what works in the 1/8th scales to 1/10th scales, plus it would make it easier for more 1/8th scale guys to get into 1/10th scale running (which will grow the class in the long run).

When you say potential, do you mean you guys as a group could tell it was immediately better?
Old 10-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Tech Addict

Last year I tried a center diff on a road car with a high viscosity oil and it was pretty good. So I converted my Jammin SCRT10 to 4wd Buggy and love the center diff so this is a must for me now. Slippers just waste energy IMHO.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Tech Legend

That is one of the features that is drawing me towards the vehicle.

Having experienced in 4x4 SCT the benefits of a center diff versus just a slipper setup, its something that I really want in a wheeler.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.