R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree45Likes

Old 07-29-2014, 09:12 AM   #3901
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 135 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudin4evr View Post
did anybody have trouble with their front wheels not fitting the smaller hexes?
they are PL yellow wheels, glued dirt webs front and rears on them, and cant get front to fit!

which hexes are you using? I am using the 12mm all the way around running the 22-4 wheels without any issues
skyline1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #3902
Tech Addict

Quote:
did anybody have trouble with their front wheels not fitting the smaller hexes?
they are PL yellow wheels, glued dirt webs front and rears on them, and cant get front to fit!
the industry front hex standards (or lack thereof) is wacky. there's a .3mm variance among brands. the ones you have are probably the b44 type offset. it'll go on, just be careful to align the hex sides then use the wheel nut to torque it down.
T. Deguzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:22 AM   #3903
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

FYI Absolute Hobbyz has spur gears and a good amount of other parts, I ordered the spur just in case. After my first day of practice though I do not think it's going to be an issue. What I really can't wait for though is after market clamping wheel hex nuts. On my first run on my 10th lap rounding a turn watched my left front wheel roll off in a different direction, it was quite hilarious (swear I tightened the nut). and of course lost the pin LOL,
and I did use grease to help keep the pin in. Other than that no issues and man is thing fun to drive.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:01 AM   #3904
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline1015 View Post
which hexes are you using? I am using the 12mm all the way around running the 22-4 wheels without any issues
im using the optional hexes that came with the kit in front
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
boudin4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:07 AM   #3905
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Deguzman View Post
the industry front hex standards (or lack thereof) is wacky. there's a .3mm variance among brands. the ones you have are probably the b44 type offset. it'll go on, just be careful to align the hex sides then use the wheel nut to torque it down.
yes Torrance, had hell on the first wheel getting it on! So I checked the second wheel; I took off the hex and pushed it in! Unbelievably tight! So I put pin back in and tightened it down with the wheel nut to push it on! It didnt line up either side at first! I had to get my exacto and Dr. up the hex in the wheel and try again! I must have got it right, the axle threads stick out way past the nut! Anybody grinding them down like in touring cars?
I use yellow wheels exclusively
any other brand yellow wheel fitment would be better? I mainly use JC wheels
but they were out of stock and bought PL from online hobby shop, all they had were PL in stock I knew Ty used PL wheels, so that is why I went with PL wheels
If anybody else is using any other brand yellow wheel let me know whick ones fit the optional smaller hexes on the front that are easy to get on!
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
boudin4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:18 AM   #3906
Tech Regular

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStew View Post
FYI Absolute Hobbyz has spur gears and a good amount of other parts, I ordered the spur just in case. After my first day of practice though I do not think it's going to be an issue. What I really can't wait for though is after market clamping wheel hex nuts. On my first run on my 10th lap rounding a turn watched my left front wheel roll off in a different direction, it was quite hilarious (swear I tightened the nut). and of course lost the pin LOL,
and I did use grease to help keep the pin in. Other than that no issues and man is thing fun to drive.
All spur gears are gone, and tower had the date pushed to mid-aug, what the......><

Nitro: nb48.3 / xb8
ferrarieeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #3907
Tech Addict

Quote:
yes Torrance, had hell on the first wheel getting it on! So I checked the second wheel; I took off the hex and pushed it in! Unbelievably tight! So I put pin back in and tightened it down with the wheel nut to push it on! It didnt line up either side at first! I had to get my exacto and Dr. up the hex in the wheel and try again! I must have got it right, the axle threads stick out way past the nut! Anybody grinding them down like in touring cars?
I use yellow wheels exclusively
any other brand yellow wheel fitment would be better? I mainly use JC wheels
but they were out of stock and bought PL from online hobby shop, all they had were PL in stock I knew Ty used PL wheels, so that is why I went with PL wheels
If anybody else is using any other brand yellow wheel let me know whick ones fit the optional smaller hexes on the front that are easy to get on!
use wheels made for the tlr22 2wd buggy. they have a slightly larger hex size and their offset makes the front track width wider.