R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree45Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2014, 02:17 AM   #3676
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,876
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

How many MaH are you guys running in your batteries for club racing with a shorty pack? Looking to get 10 min of run time with a 6.5 motor.
My ST-RR EVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:38 AM   #3677
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Valley Cottage NY
Posts: 1,858
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Just wanted to give some update on my car, I've started with Ty low traction setup which gave me good lap times but the rear end was loose out of corners and I had way to much steering. I put 5k in the rear which helped the rear end. I put kyosho front yellow spring which also helped. Then I changed to 2mm behind thd ballstud On the steering rack, which really smoothed out the steering. The car is finally starting to get better. Next in going to change the diff fluid in the front to 15k or 20k
Speedychris22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #3678
Tech Regular
 
Rybeau40's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 289
Default

More washers behind the ballstud didn't increase your steering??
__________________
Kyosho Lazer ZX-6R 10.1 Orion pro, Spektrum 6040
Team Associated B5M, Hitec servo Mod class, 10.0 Orion
Futaba 4PLS
Support your LHS.
Sponsored by my wife who gives me no grief
Rybeau40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:46 AM   #3679
Tech Apprentice
 
DWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tekin HQ
Posts: 73
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Steering Crank

As more setups emerge and more guys are getting track time with the buggy. Has anyone moved from the stock setup with the Steering Crank bar (part #112764)? There are far more options than just raising/lowering the ball stud position. What does the +/- sides do? Dot front vs dot rear? Thanks
__________________
Tekin, Inc. - Protek RC - Factory-RC Products - Pro-Line Racing - Vision Racing Products - Avid RC - SOR Graphics

Last edited by DWheels; 07-17-2014 at 09:43 AM. Reason: added part number
DWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:32 AM   #3680
Tech Apprentice
 
RockStew's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Temecula, Ca
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicmo View Post
your center diff is mounted wrong :P
Thanks so much, wow so much for attention to detail, it would have become obvious when I tried to mount the motor LOL, so I really wanted to start with a 19t pinion but I just did not like the slop and with all the talk of people stripping spurs so I went to a 20t hopefully it will not run too hot.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-d413-x.jpg  
RockStew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:32 AM   #3681
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Valley Cottage NY
Posts: 1,858
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rybeau40 View Post
More washers behind the ballstud didn't increase your steering??
Not at all it made it smoother, I have the dot in front and a total 2mm washers behind the ballstud. The change was noticeable enough that our track announcer was shocked by the pace I was able to set
Speedychris22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #3682
Team Tekin
 
yzracer758's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tekin HQ
Posts: 3,030
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStew View Post
Thanks so much, wow so much for attention to detail, it would have become obvious when I tried to mount the motor LOL, so I really wanted to start with a 19t pinion but I just did not like the slop and with all the talk of people stripping spurs so I went to a 20t hopefully it will not run too hot.
I run a 22t with my Gen 2 6.5 so 20t should be good.
__________________
Tekin, Inc. | XRAY | RC America | Hudy | Protek RC | Exotek Racing | Factory-RC Products | Proline Racing | Avid RC | Vision Racing Products | Paint By Smiley | SOR Graphics |
Jeremy Potter
yzracer758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #3683
Tech Apprentice
 
RockStew's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Temecula, Ca
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzracer758 View Post
I run a 22t with my Gen 2 6.5 so 20t should be good.
Sweet! thanks that makes me feel better, I would really prefer the 6.5 but I had this 5.5 laying around from an experiment gone bad that had only one run on it, so why not use it for this buggy I say.
RockStew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #3684
Tech Master
 
boudin4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Natchitoches, LA
Posts: 1,798
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

I got a 21t pinion for mine to try out
on a 6.5 gen 2 tekin
would the 22 make it a little easier coming out of corner
without losing traction? (less torque)?
__________________
Marc Richard
If it smells burnt up.. it's more than likely hot.. you don't have to touch it!
Tekin, JConcepts, TEKNO RC, AVID Bearings, Schelle Racing Products, DialedRC Hobbies formerly (VP Pro USA), MAXAMPS, Kal Gard Lubricants, Tresrey USA, Panther RC, Sweep Racing USA, Team INTEGY, Hy-Traction Juice, Fioroni, SMC Batteries
boudin4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:38 AM   #3685
Team Tekin
 
yzracer758's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tekin HQ
Posts: 3,030
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudin4evr View Post
I got a 21t pinion for mine to try out
on a 6.5 gen 2 tekin
would the 22 make it a little easier coming out of corner
without losing traction? (less torque)?
Less Torque yes, for me it made it easier to drive overall.
__________________
Tekin, Inc. | XRAY | RC America | Hudy | Protek RC | Exotek Racing | Factory-RC Products | Proline Racing | Avid RC | Vision Racing Products | Paint By Smiley | SOR Graphics |
Jeremy Potter
yzracer758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #3686
Tech Master
 
murky123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: netherlands
Posts: 1,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokemaster View Post
Has anyone tried both configurations (shorty versus saddle pack)? I run on both clay and loose dirt.
me and my buddy both run our D413's on the same low grip hardpacked dirt track. I did shorty from the start, He ran his in saddle for the first 2 months.
After that he switched to shorty. He told me the d413 feels more nimble and reacts better to input and setup changes. mainly because the buggy is atleast a 100 grams lighter.

we also tested a lot of different oil weights in the center diff.

I went from 5k to 7k, to 10k, to 15k, to 20k and now Im running 50K in the center. each step up brought the buggy more to where I want it to be.
I do not want to much pull from the front wheels, and I do not want the buggy to push to much resulting in the rear stepping out when hitting the throttle hard coming out of a corner.

50K seems the ticket for me on low grip hardpacked.

in short I have :

shorty setup
3 hole 1.3 piston rear
2 hole 1.4 piston front
25 wt rear shock
35 wt front shock
stock springs
10K front diff
50k center diff
3k rear diff
thickest front swaybar
no rear swaybar
long wheelbase
zero anti squad rear
12 kick-up front
proline calibers M3 front+ rear
shorty in rear position
shock position pretty much stock
3.5 rear toe-in
-2.5 camber rear
the rest is almost stock by the book
__________________
AE SC10 4x4, Durango DEX210 + DESC210R, HB D413
www.rcracing.nl www.mvb.nl
murky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:47 PM   #3687
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 853
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murky123 View Post
me and my buddy both run our D413's on the same low grip hardpacked dirt track. I did shorty from the start, He ran his in saddle for the first 2 months.
After that he switched to shorty. He told me the d413 feels more nimble and reacts better to input and setup changes. mainly because the buggy is atleast a 100 grams lighter.

we also tested a lot of different oil weights in the center diff.

I went from 5k to 7k, to 10k, to 15k, to 20k and now Im running 50K in the center. each step up brought the buggy more to where I want it to be.
I do not want to much pull from the front wheels, and I do not want the buggy to push to much resulting in the rear stepping out when hitting the throttle hard coming out of a corner.

50K seems the ticket for me on low grip hardpacked.

in short I have :

shorty setup
3 hole 1.3 piston rear
2 hole 1.4 piston front
25 wt rear shock
35 wt front shock
stock springs
10K front diff
50k center diff
3k rear diff
thickest front swaybar
no rear swaybar
long wheelbase
zero anti squad rear
12 kick-up front
proline calibers M3 front+ rear
shorty in rear position
shock position pretty much stock
3.5 rear toe-in
-2.5 camber rear
the rest is almost stock by the book
Appreciate your input...would you happen to have any video footage of your D413 in action?
winstonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #3688
Tech Master
 
murky123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: netherlands
Posts: 1,031
Default

I have some pics of my buggy a few pages back.
no video unfortunately
I do have a link of a video of our track. carpet op the jumps. 20% of our track has good traction couse of the carpet,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye9R9L0KqEg#t=165
__________________
AE SC10 4x4, Durango DEX210 + DESC210R, HB D413
www.rcracing.nl www.mvb.nl
murky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #3689
Tech Fanatic
 
Matt :-)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Dover, Tn
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

The R/C fairy left a present for me while I was at work !

Matt :-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:26 PM   #3690
dtr
Tech Master
 
dtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: budapest, hungary
Posts: 1,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedychris22 View Post
Just wanted to give some update on my car, I've started with Ty low traction setup which gave me good lap times but the rear end was loose out of corners and I had way to much steering. I put 5k in the rear which helped the rear end. I put kyosho front yellow spring which also helped. Then I changed to 2mm behind thd ballstud On the steering rack, which really smoothed out the steering. The car is finally starting to get better. Next in going to change the diff fluid in the front to 15k or 20k
I would try to lower the front and raise the rear ride height by a mm. Then try
other sway bar configurations, first maybe without the rear then with the copper front.
dtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:59 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net