Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Snyder
Stormer had some stuff in stock...looks like tower has some stuff too!
I'm interested in the carbon arm covers
Old 07-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

With these posts on stock status, I checked my Tower order and my spur gear is shipping. So they are actually getting some spur gears into stock.

But still no carbon arm covers. Mine are still on back order from 4/2.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Does anyone run it with the saddle config?

I'm trying to set it up with saddles but I'm running into problems mounting the motor. It seems my Trinity D3.5 6.5 motor is longer than needed so it's hitting the steering assembly. The only way I can mount it is to remove the right steering post, install the motor, solder the wires and then remount the steering post.

Seems like it shouldn't be this much trouble for saddles. I would like to have setup for shorty but I don't have enough packs to run my 2wd and my 4wd with shorty packs so I'm forced to use my saddles. I'll probably buy some shorties soon enough but for now I'm stuck with the saddle config.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dstreelm
Thanks!

I've been making all my cars and trucks with classic liveries...heres my T4.2 done up in Martini: http://imgur.com/a/ofBFX

I Designed the decals myself in illustrator using a Gulf logo I found and printed them on my vinyl printer/plotter at work
Tastefully done Sir!!! You're executing paint schemes I wish I could accomplish. Between a busy life and limited funds, I'm doin it rattle can style.

Would you be willing to do a classic theme on a D413 for fellow racer ?

Here's another rattle can job. Sold this Durango.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kingtito
Does anyone run it with the saddle config?

I'm trying to set it up with saddles but I'm running into problems mounting the motor. It seems my Trinity D3.5 6.5 motor is longer than needed so it's hitting the steering assembly. The only way I can mount it is to remove the right steering post, install the motor, solder the wires and then remount the steering post.

Seems like it shouldn't be this much trouble for saddles. I would like to have setup for shorty but I don't have enough packs to run my 2wd and my 4wd with shorty packs so I'm forced to use my saddles. I'll probably buy some shorties soon enough but for now I'm stuck with the saddle config.
Others have reported issues with Tekin Gen2 motors fitting in the saddle configuration. So I wouldn't be surprised if the Trinity is the same way. Here was the original post confirming the issue.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/13296518-post2832.html
Old 07-08-2014, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by kdeleon
Others have reported issues with Tekin Gen2 motors fitting in the saddle configuration. So I wouldn't be surprised if the Trinity is the same way. Here was the original post confirming the issue.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/13296518-post2832.html
I figured that was the case. Thanks
Old 07-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom76
The past weekend I ran my buggy for the first time. It is one awesome buggy which handles quite well out of the box. But I want to ask about the droop this buggy has. Has anyone put restrictors in the shocks or what are you doing to reduce the amount of droop as it seems a little too much?
I used 4mm of spacers front and rear. I found on the tracks I run on it just had way too much travel. So after a few tries I found 4mm was best. I just used som little orings inside the shock. Worked like a charm. Hope this helps.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bluect9a
I used 4mm of spacers front and rear. I found on the tracks I run on it just had way too much travel. So after a few tries I found 4mm was best. I just used som little orings inside the shock. Worked like a charm. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your input. I will try the same.

Cheers!
Old 07-09-2014, 06:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Cool

Some odds & ends like a set of A-arms, ball cups, steering & caster blocks that I have on back order for spares with Tower appears to be processing.

The real goodies like the kit, 2 spur gears and center diff kit I have back ordered with Tower are still in no man's land...
Old 07-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

they set. july 30 (amain) but save $44 at tower makes the buy better
Old 07-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

They keep changing the date which is very concerning. I wonder what the deal is.... I, along with others, have been patiently waiting since April. This thread is the best thing going for the car and we haven't heard squat. At the very least HB could have some consideration and fill us in. Otherwise, I'm going TLR. I wonder how many people dropped this car because of poor marketing.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default First run with D413

Here is my first 3rd run with my new car, mind you i had ran the first 2 qualifiers and this is the 8min A-main. I got put with the rookie class so my driving looks better that it really is lol, I primarily run nitro and this is my first electric 4wd buggy.I have to admit, the buggy is freaking awesome and worth the wait!! Been waiting since April. The car is box stock setup, the only thing I did was add the lunsfurd titanium rods all around. Also this is our new layout at our track, and my first time driving blue groove as well. As far as motor it has Tekin Rsx with Tekin 6.5 with 22 pinion and temping 125 with no motor fan,and Radiopost blue servo with servo saver installed. I installed The R1 fan just for extra safety measures lol. I did take some serious tumbles and nothing broke the whole night, so A++ for durability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZtRW...&feature=share
Old 07-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdmjimmy
Here is my 3rd run with my new car, mind you i had ran the first 2 qualifiers and this is the 8min A-main. I got put with the rookie class so my driving looks better than what it really is lol, I primarily run nitro and this is my first electric 4wd buggy.I have to admit, the buggy is freaking awesome and worth the wait!! Been waiting since April. The car is box stock setup, the only thing I did was add the lunsfurd titanium rods all around. Also this is our new layout at our track, and my first time driving blue groove as well. As far as motor & esc,Tekin Rsx with Tekin 6.5 with 22 pinion and temping 125 with no motor fan,and Radiopost blue servo with servo saver installed. I installed The R1 fan just for extra safety measures lol. I did take some serious tumbles and nothing broke the whole night, so A++ for durability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZtRW...&feature=share
BTW, this is my buddy's youtube channel, he lent me his go pro since i forgot mine at home.

Last edited by jdmjimmy; 07-09-2014 at 07:35 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 07-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bluect9a
Ty typically runs a lot of droop compared to most anyone. Look at his D812, same thing. He has his reasons, way to long of an explanation for me to try and explain on here.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Today i received all of the parts i ordered, except the spur gear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.