Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carbons2k
I just put this setup on my car... Few questions. He calls for a gold sway bar, did he mean the copper? Also... Also calls for 3 hole 1.3 pistons. Did he mean the 4 or did he glue a hole closed?
Yeah, I meant copper. Gold fit in the box better. :-). For the 3-hole 1.3, I drilled a set of the blank pistons that come in the kit.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Does anyone have a picture of the rear hinge pin holder position?
Old 06-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

i took a small screw and ca glued it into the 4th hole on the 1.3 pistons

i was up at norcal again today...i just wanted to see what i could do with no pressure from the pro's....and seemed to be able to hold a 17.8-18.2 fairly consistently, twice got 17 laps in 5 min, and on the last pack got 18 laps (yaaaaay personal goal met)...of course with noone there you can do the table tops sideways without worrying someone would come steal the inside line)...i removed the front swaybar and like the little bit of extra steering it gave me...also tried the 2mm shim up front, but went back to 1.5...just liked that better.

at the norcal champs, i couldnt figure out what was wrong with my scte....today the problem revealed it self, rear diff had dumped all oil and was occasionally binding from crud/mud that was left in the grease...sigh
Old 06-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scteonoffroad
Does anyone have a picture of the rear hinge pin holder position?
What are you looking for exactly? Here is a pic of the rear hinge. If this isn't what you are looking for, let me know and I can snap a pic of my car.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt :-)
This car was just released a month ago. There are a lot of people who have pre ordered everything. Including myself. Getting the kit, and extra parts will be a little slow for a few months.

The only aftermarket part available right now that I'm aware of is a ProLine body.

Normal size servos are perfect. A 1/10 4wd buggy only requires .130oz of torque. If you use a really strong servo, make sure you set your end points.

I've only seen a couple people on this thread have issues with the shock caps. Most people have no trouble with them. Just read the build tips on post #1. It shows you how to take care of them properly.

According to what I've read on this thread, TLR 22-4 wheels fit perfectly on the D413.
It's that new? Wow, I thought it was out for a while now and I was late to the party as I'd heard about it but am only just getting interested in the 1/10 world.

Hopefully stock will build up soon.

I'll check out some servos and see what a good model will be. It's handy it can be regular sized.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Note to all

Hinge pin holders go with the tall side against the arm...
Old 06-09-2014, 11:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have tried Yokomo, kyosho,shumacher,associated b5 aluminum,and associated b5 plastic . The associated is just a little off Maybe .0005 but they thread on just fine and lock down nice and tight. Yes the plastic conforms to the d413 shock body's threads because it is probably just .0005 off .I have my shocks sitting upside down and no leaks . I am 99.9 percent sure they are going to work out great and I will let you all know when I get to run it.It might be a awhile as I'm waiting for parts missing from my kit from the factory. Be forewarned there is always that 1% chance that I don't know shit. So shock cap at your own risk.

Originally Posted by JDJamminX1
I tried the B5 caps before seeing this post. The HB caps have a more course thread then a lot of the compitition out there. Ive tried losi and AE as they were available at the time. The next ones im going to try is the serpent caps. They seem to have similar thread type to the HB. I will report my finding once I know more.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kdeleon
What are you looking for exactly? Here is a pic of the rear hinge. If this isn't what you are looking for, let me know and I can snap a pic of my car.

Thank you. I was looking for a picture of the front rear hinge pin holder. Your picture of the rear/rear one matches mine so I just want to confirm I did the front/rear correctly.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AlderBoy
Here you go:
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/hotbodi...ies2014050507/

I made some slight tweaks for the Champs race and will have that setup posted soon. They are:

0mm inside rear camber link, no front sway, cut red AKA foams with SS dirt-webs and wing in hi position.

Hi- What adjustments are available to move the wing from a low to say a high position? Is there anything available to also move it forward or rearward? Thanks.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:15 AM
Tech Regular

I found a image from snyder on the front but did not see the rear image. Does this look like the correct way to install the hinge pin holders on the rf and rr? Thanks

SofaKing- This is the underside of mine. I think I have the rear blocks installed as you suggested. "Tall side facing arm". Thanks.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If anybody was wondering about an alternative to using body clips on the wing mount. So far after 2 race nights it has held up perfect

BTW: the cracks on the wing are from when there was clips there. After 2 nights of racing I did not notice the cracks getting worse.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-photo-1.jpg   Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-photo-2.jpg  
Old 06-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I was thinking about trying that JD. Now I will do it before I run this weekend.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Talking

Well after about 3-4 weeks of racing all i can say is WOW

This car has taken everything from short buses and 8th scales. With almost zero problems. The only things that have been even remotely a problem were easy to fix. Bent a dogbone. Had a fellow driver bent it back to near perfect again and still is holding up. I had one outdrive on a diff freeze up on me but that was my fault for not putting grease in there. Never did that with 8th scales so a assumed. Guess there is greater load there then on a 8th scale.

This past 2 weekends I have been running at SDRC. With the same setup at OCRC the car has stupid traction and is a blast to drive.

In one of my qualifiers this past weekend, i got sideways off a jump and landed on only my front left wheel. It looked like I was going to be done for the day, as it looked like a snapped something. Getting off the stand with the biggest grin on my face as I had finally broken this thing, and would be able to write about it here. Well I get over to my car, and all the happened was I popped off 3 ball cups: camber link, steering link, and shock car. I popped them all back on and threw it back on the track for a final lap. People were in shock when I put the car back on the track after it looking like all the other cars that break arms.

And yes I continued to laugh about it all the way back to the pits.

Torrance, Ty and the rest of the HB team. My hat goes off to you. Best 4WD EVER!!!!!!

:s weat:
Old 06-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thank you. I was looking for a picture of the front rear hinge pin holder. Your picture of the rear/rear one matches mine so I just want to confirm I did the front/rear correctly.
Here you go:
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-img_0524.jpg  
Old 06-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JDJamminX1
Well after about 3-4 weeks of racing all i can say is WOW

This car has taken everything from short buses and 8th scales. With almost zero problems. The only things that have been even remotely a problem were easy to fix. Bent a dogbone. Had a fellow driver bent it back to near perfect again and still is holding up. I had one outdrive on a diff freeze up on me but that was my fault for not putting grease in there. Never did that with 8th scales so a assumed. Guess there is greater load there then on a 8th scale.

This past 2 weekends I have been running at SDRC. With the same setup at OCRC the car has stupid traction and is a blast to drive.

In one of my qualifiers this past weekend, i got sideways off a jump and landed on only my front left wheel. It looked like I was going to be done for the day, as it looked like a snapped something. Getting off the stand with the biggest grin on my face as I had finally broken this thing, and would be able to write about it here. Well I get over to my car, and all the happened was I popped off 3 ball cups: camber link, steering link, and shock car. I popped them all back on and threw it back on the track for a final lap. People were in shock when I put the car back on the track after it looking like all the other cars that break arms.

And yes I continued to laugh about it all the way back to the pits.

Torrance, Ty and the rest of the HB team. My hat goes off to you. Best 4WD EVER!!!!!!

:s weat:
Was wondering what happened in that first round. Never got around to checking with you in the pits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.