Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone order from superior hobbies as they show now 3 in stock for kits.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

So i have his showing right now:

Receipt ID Date Time Status
************* 04/26/2014 12:25 PM IN PROCESS

No idea if that means I got one coming or not, but they did take my money.

Last edited by Rybeau40; 04-26-2014 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

tower typically does not charge your credit card until things are ready to ship.

my card got charged thursday morning, and thursday it said picking/packing....they printed a shipping label Friday....ups still says they havent gotten the package...:-( i fear the package wont arrive in time for me to take it with me on a trip

its weird that it can take so long for it to leave the warehouse and enter ups systems....A-Main have ups coming by 3-4 times a day for warehouse shipments...so why when my package has a shipping number and therefor a label, has UPS not picked it up and got the package moving ?
Old 04-26-2014, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Ordered mine from superior hobbies when it showed 3 in stock. It switch to out of stock later in the day. Hopefully, I have one coming this week.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Torrance,
Not sure if many can answer this question right now (as the kit was just released), but wondering if you could confirm something before I get too far in the build.

I'm building the front and rear diff and there is a metal ring that goes on the outside of the bearing (112963). Is that correct? Nothing seems to be holding it in place. Maybe it will factor in later on, but wanted to make sure before I finish the diffs.

Thanks
Old 04-26-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

is it a shim? if so, it will be held in by the diff case when you put the diff in it.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kdeleon
Torrance,
Not sure if many can answer this question right now (as the kit was just released), but wondering if you could confirm something before I get too far in the build.

I'm building the front and rear diff and there is a metal ring that goes on the outside of the bearing (112963). Is that correct? Nothing seems to be holding it in place. Maybe it will factor in later on, but wanted to make sure before I finish the diffs.

Thanks
Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
is it a shim? if so, it will be held in by the diff case when you put the diff in it.
yup it's a gear mesh shim. you can adjust the mesh to your liking by moving the shim to either side of the diff and/or the input gear.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Deguzman
yup it's a gear mesh shim. you can adjust the mesh to your liking by moving the shim to either side of the diff and/or the input gear.
Thanks guys for answering my late night inquiry. And my first time dealing with 100k diff oil and wow is that stuff thick.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile setup and electronics?

So i just pre-ordered my kit, and this will be my first 4wd buggy, I wanted to know what motor and esc's people are running. I am thinking of 6.5 turn motor and either a tekin combo deal or Orion setup as well, if any of you guys run either can you tell me your likes and dislikes if any, will also be running the kit primarily outdoor small track. Thank you all, and last what tires will work best for weekly night club racing series, can't wait to get my kit, should be getting it late may, at least that is what tower hobbies says. Any pics also would be much appreciated to also get an idea of wiring and setup. I also was thinking of running the shorty pack, and what batteries are you guys running.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRX2
Hobbico/Great Planes and even Horizon have a sort of monopoly where shops have to deal with them because they have exclusive lines. If it wouldn't be for these exclusive lines I'm sure shops would prefer buying from a distributor who isn't competing with the shops. I worked in a shop for 7 years in the early 90s. At that time Hobbico/Great Planes was the exclusive distributor for Futaba. A transmitter/receiver and servo combo would cost the shops 41.00 and Towers was selling the exact same for 39.00 when we would complain the answer we got was to buy them from Towers. Now 20+ years later they are the exclusive distributor for HPI and they prefer to sell the kits direct to make more money than to supply the shops. This is a very poor way of doing business but it's smart and they know they can get away with it. The companies who give these distributors exclusive distributorship of their brands are the ones to blame as they know how they do business.
Distribution is a very challenging business decision. The RC world isn't the only where a company will wear 2 hats of being a distributor and a end sales. Unfortunately there isn't always a good solution.

I am sure if HPI/HB felt like they could handle distribution to NA themselves, they would do it, but they decided to use Hobbico to get more consistent order fulfillment. Lets face it, you can have the best product for the cheapest price, but if the customer can't get their hands on it, it doesn't matter.

You also need to consider what it costs to run distribution. In your example, maybe Futaba could be their own distributor, but they would have to pay for the employees, buildings, and transit. And maybe the receiver would have wholesaled to everyone for $45. Yes, this would be more "fair," but more expensive for the consumer.

In the day-and-age of internet purchasing, LHS's will never be able to win on price. Even with There is just too much overhead on shipping, employees, and keeping the lights on. They need to offer great service, good advice, and additional perks like tracks and events.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdmjimmy
So i just pre-ordered my kit, and this will be my first 4wd buggy, I wanted to know what motor and esc's people are running. I am thinking of 6.5 turn motor and either a tekin combo deal or Orion setup as well, if any of you guys run either can you tell me your likes and dislikes if any, will also be running the kit primarily outdoor small track. Thank you all, and last what tires will work best for weekly night club racing series, can't wait to get my kit, should be getting it late may, at least that is what tower hobbies says. Any pics also would be much appreciated to also get an idea of wiring and setup. I also was thinking of running the shorty pack, and what batteries are you guys running.
I think most people are running 4wd buggies in the 5.5-7.5 range. Each ESC manufacturer has their own way to rate, you need to make sure that it can handle the weight and/or the turns of the motor. Personally, with mod I haven't noticed as big of a difference between setups. If you are running on a smaller track, you might be able to get away with a 10.5 or 13.5, especially if you are just starting with a 4wd.

A couple of euro guys tried shorty vs saddle when the kit first arrived over there, and unanimously decided that the shorty offered all the pro's of nimbleness, with no adverse side effects. Go back a couple pages in the thread, guys are planning on running almost every brand of shorty possible, lol. I went with a nano-tech, just because of the price and I have had really good luck with Turnigy batteries in the past.

Without knowing more about your track, we probably won't be able to help you with tire choice. Track material, track prep, and race day climate all can vastly change tire choice.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

i'll be running these:

http://www.promatchracing.com/prodde...prod=2S480090C
Old 04-26-2014, 11:10 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jakesterama
I think most people are running 4wd buggies in the 5.5-7.5 range. Each ESC manufacturer has their own way to rate, you need to make sure that it can handle the weight and/or the turns of the motor. Personally, with mod I haven't noticed as big of a difference between setups. If you are running on a smaller track, you might be able to get away with a 10.5 or 13.5, especially if you are just starting with a 4wd.

A couple of euro guys tried shorty vs saddle when the kit first arrived over there, and unanimously decided that the shorty offered all the pro's of nimbleness, with no adverse side effects. Go back a couple pages in the thread, guys are planning on running almost every brand of shorty possible, lol. I went with a nano-tech, just because of the price and I have had really good luck with Turnigy batteries in the past.

Without knowing more about your track, we probably won't be able to help you with tire choice. Track material, track prep, and race day climate all can vastly change tire choice.
I run at Hot Rod Hobbies in so-cal, also i used to run 2wd buggy with 10.5 and got used to the power, but i primary run 1/8 nitro tki3. I really want to try this kit just because the its almost a miniature 1/8 scale and looks like it would be fun and i could see myself enjoying this class.Temps vary from 75degree at 6:30 and drops to about 40-50 degrees sometimes when the main comes around 9:30pm. I also have a nano-tech turnigy, but wasn't sure it would fit, but i guess you answered that. Thank you for your help.l'll probably be leaning towards tekin rsx with 6.5, since i already have the hot wire adapter.I just hope to be competitive -LOL-
Old 04-26-2014, 11:15 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks, also are people running deans style plugs or bullets and what is your preference- In my b4.2 I ran deans, but noticed that alot of people have switched over to bullet adapters.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks, also are people running deans style plugs or bullets and what is your preference- In my b4.2 I ran deans, but noticed that alot of people have switched over to bullet adapters.
Bullet's are the way to go, just keep your wires short enough so they can't be plugged in backwards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.