Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

You're on Page 117 of 781
Go to
  • Quote: Hey Torrance, I am planing on protecting the chassis with adhesive film, do you see any issues with introducing tweak or inconsistencies by doing that?
    Yes, applying a chassis protector will cause the car to cartwheel every 3rd left turn. It will spin out ever time time you pass a car with green paint on your left or get passed by a car with yellow paint on your right. There's also a chance the center diff could explode if you fart while on the driver's stand, but right now the evidence of a link is anecdotal at best.

    If there's anything else I can assist you with, feel free to ask!
  • Quote: Yes, applying a chassis protector will cause the car to cartwheel every 3rd left turn. It will spin out ever time time you pass a car with green paint on your left or get passed by a car with yellow paint on your right. There's also a chance the center diff could explode if you fart while on the driver's stand, but right now the evidence of a link is anecdotal at best.

    If there's anything else I can assist you with, feel free to ask!
    I don't know if you have ever driven an on-road sedan with a tweaked carbon fiber chassis, but it is terrible. I put a large CAUTION sticker diagonally on the bottom of a clipboard, and as the vinyl shrunk it started to pull the board out of square. It doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility of introducing a permanent flex force with a large adhesive sheet on the bottom of a carbon fiber chassis.
  • Quote: I don't know if you have ever driven an on-road sedan with a tweaked carbon fiber chassis, but it is terrible. I put a large CAUTION sticker diagonally on the bottom of a clipboard, and as the vinyl shrunk it started to pull the board out of square. It doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility of introducing a permanent flex force with a large adhesive sheet on the bottom of a carbon fiber chassis.
    This isn't on road. The first time you hit a jump your car will be "tweaked". No worries. Put the protective tape on it and save your chassis from damage.
  • So what's the latest info on the shipping date for the US?
  • Quote: So what's the latest info on the shipping date for the US?
    Looks like AMain is saying 4/25 and Tower is saying "Late April"
  • And we all know Tower always pushes that time back at least once, and they're usually a week or so behind amain too.
  • Quote: Yes, applying a chassis protector will cause the car to cartwheel every 3rd left turn. It will spin out ever time time you pass a car with green paint on your left or get passed by a car with yellow paint on your right. There's also a chance the center diff could explode if you fart while on the driver's stand, but right now the evidence of a link is anecdotal at best.

    If there's anything else I can assist you with, feel free to ask!
    Now that's funny
  • Quote: I don't know who makes those but the body looks nice. seems like they made a chassis too because the shape looks different from stock.
    Also looks like the chassis is made of aluminium (from picture #3).
  • Quote: And we all know Tower always pushes that time back at least once, and they're usually a week or so behind amain too.
    Can't tell if this is serious....

    As HobbiCo is now HPI/HB distributor for N.A. (or maybe it's just USA. I guess I'm not sure.) Would Amain then have to get them from Tower in the first place.....????

    Not that it matters... I just want my Buggy.
  • How many blank pistons come with the kit?
    Also looking at Ty's setup he's using x gear springs, I'm assuming these are kyosho springs?
    Also I saw the carbon inserts on tower site. Do all 4 come in a bag or only 2?
  • For 370 shipped from tower versus 470 from amain I can wait an extra week or two.
  • Quote: This isn't on road. The first time you hit a jump your car will be "tweaked". No worries. Put the protective tape on it and save your chassis from damage.
    +1^^ I'm sure Jakesterama appreciates your straight-to-the-point response instead of one filled with sarcasm.

    Quote: For 370 shipped from tower versus 470 from amain I can wait an extra week or two.
    +1,000,000 Who cares if Tower may be a tiny bit late with their kit arrivals. $370 shipped is waaay better than $429.99+shipping(A Main doesn't offer free shipping on kits)+ CA sales tax(for me). Win-win for me.
  • I pre-orderd some dex210 V2 parts from tower and they shipped a week before the expected date. I would think tower would be shipping kits when a main is or sooner.
    And cost... I would be ordering from tower even if they did ship a week or two after a main.
  • All kits coming to the US go directly to HobbiCo/Tower first. From there they get shipped out to Tower customers and other sellers like Amain.
  • Quote: For 370 shipped from tower versus 470 from amain I can wait an extra week or two.
    I'm getting $429 from tower?