Wiki Posts
Search

LOOKING TO GET BACK INTO 4WD SC

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Questions?? LOOKING TO GET BACK INTO 4WD SC

I have been considering getting back into 4wd SC racing again. I was running the first gen SCTE a year or so ago. I liked the truck but it needed a lot of tweaking to make it race worthy and bulletproof.

I would like to hear some suggestions from those currently running 4wd SC at their local track. Im not brand loyal. Im just looking for something that's has a good combination of performance, durability, and parts availability.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

If you want a bomb proof truck that wears and handles like a champ look no further than the Tekno sct410. I have owned this truck since the first batch and have spent less than 70$ in parts total keaping it fresh.....
Old 07-25-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default 4wd SC

Yeah was taking a good look at the SCT410. Guess I need to peruse the thread. Any immediate concerns that need to be addressed in the build?
Old 07-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brushless420
Yeah was taking a good look at the SCT410. Guess I need to peruse the thread. Any immediate concerns that need to be addressed in the build?
Honestly nothing comes to mind we have guys at our track still running the bone stock setup and oils that come with the kit and are winning races
Old 07-25-2013, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would at least try the tekno, you could always go back to the Losi, but I doubt you will.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

I don't currently run 4x4 sc but am getting into it again as soon as the funds are right but not that long ago I was running the scte 2.0 and it was great for durability and performance, this time around I'm going for the sct410, these 2 options are definitely your best option
Old 07-25-2013, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Tekno SCT410 is the best 4wd SC truck that I've ever owned. Hands down the king of 4wd SC right now
Old 07-26-2013, 01:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

also keep in mind that durability isn't just parts breaking. i don't think either truck (2.0 SCTE and tekno) will have many parts that break. i've had my tekno since release and the only thing that has broken was the stock servo arm that broke on the first pack. i doubt people are breaking parts on the 2.0 either, but i'm of the opinion that durability also means wear. the 2.0 will develop the famous losi slop fairly quickly. my tekno front assembly is virtually slop free, maybe just a slight bit compared to when it was brand new.

i had a 1.0 and ditched it for the tekno and couldn't be happier.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)

I have had a scte 1.0 and I got a 2.0 not too long ago and it really feels like a whole new truck. It feels so much better than the 1.0. I had to choose between the sct410 and 2.0 also and I went with the 2.0. You can't go wrong with either truck. The sct410 is a little cheaper too. The 2.0 also comes with all the hop ups that the 1.0 needed to be bulletproof out of the box. I have yet to break anything on my losi. There's a few sct410s at my track and they are pretty fast and I've driven one and they have a ton of steering. Just flip a coin because they are both amazing cars.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I always think it is a good idea to consider how many people in your area run each vehicle. I've noticed certain areas tend to lean towards specific vehicles. It may help some in terms of setups too from fellow racers.

Even though I liked the SCTE 1.0 it wasn't until I started using the MIP Pro4mance conversion that I really started to get better results in racing.

I recently built a new MIP conversion out of the SCTE 2.0 and love it.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brushless420
The truck is bulletproof. Only thing I'd look into just for extra security is an aluminum servo horn and aluminum hexes for it. Other than that, you have a bulletproof truck.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

There are two trucks out there right now that are both worthwhile...the Tekno and the TLR. I work for TLR so some would consider me a bit biased but in my honest opinion, the TLR is a better value. Both are very durable, both will run for ages with little upkeep. The TLR actually ends up costing less. The Tekno needs the alum hexes and it also needs a body and wheels. For what you can find the SCTE 2.0 at, you are already ahead of the game there.

The SCTE 2.0 has also won most of the large events going on such as the Cactus and the HRH shootout. Races Tekno wont even show up to at this point. I am not trying to talk bad about anything, just pointing out what is true. Both are great trucks, parts support is something to think about and for that you want to check your local track and/or hobby shop.

For either, you will get great support I think. The Tekno guys are great and we try to be great as well.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
There are two trucks out there right now that are both worthwhile...the Tekno and the TLR. I work for TLR so some would consider me a bit biased but in my honest opinion, the TLR is a better value. Both are very durable, both will run for ages with little upkeep. The TLR actually ends up costing less. The Tekno needs the alum hexes and it also needs a body and wheels. For what you can find the SCTE 2.0 at, you are already ahead of the game there.

The SCTE 2.0 has also won most of the large events going on such as the Cactus and the HRH shootout. Races Tekno wont even show up to at this point. I am not trying to talk bad about anything, just pointing out what is true. Both are great trucks, parts support is something to think about and for that you want to check your local track and/or hobby shop.

For either, you will get great support I think. The Tekno guys are great and we try to be great as well.
Well said! The teknos seem to be doing very well on a local level but I have not seen anything yet on a national level with other manufacturers. I would like to see how the tekno would do against guys like Mayfield and Dakota.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Everything winning at our local track, or in Florida I have seen is either a Tekno or the new SCTE 2.0

Just depends where you are and who shows up, but those two walk away every race usually filling the top 3. So like everyone else has said, pick your poison.

My local hobby shop has the new SCTE 2.0 at 249.99 I feel that is a steal, and am thinking about picking it up.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egobrkr
Well said! The teknos seem to be doing very well on a local level but I have not seen anything yet on a national level with other manufacturers. I would like to see how the tekno would do against guys like Mayfield and Dakota.
I think most people know its the racers that make the difference not the truck

Originally Posted by Captcha
My local hobby shop has the new SCTE 2.0 at 249.99 I feel that is a steal, and am thinking about picking it up.
WOW ! If you can get it for that price I would buy a couple at least !

BTW I would go with the Tekno , the Losi IS an awesome truck but like RC*PHREAK said it will develop slop in the chassis very quickly and you will be replacing the hollow balls every few racedays to keep it tight . Been there done that and at 25 bucks a set that can get really expensive quickly . Keeping the stock hollow balls isnt really an option either as they wear twice as fast as the hard anodized ones do . IMO its the one area Losi still needs to focus on and just make a steel set that will last longer , the few grams saved buy using aluminum isnt worth the speed that they wear .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.