Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choosing first buggy for bashing

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Pick one and buy it, you can always sell it if you don't like it and buy another one. i know how buying your first "nice" RC can be, i did TONS of research and had it narrowed down to 2 or 3 but i finally just picked one and went with it. Keep in mind you need Lipos and a charger, along with many other things, just get one and run it!
Old 07-23-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok I've narrowed it down to these buggies, Xray parts may be a bit more expensive and not as widely availabale, but I guess I can always order online, right?

Mugen mbx6eco
Serpent 811e
TA rc8.2e
xray 808e or xray xb9e
Old 07-23-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow, it took 41 posts before some one mentioned the Vorza LOLOLOOLOLOL
I will mention it again, consider the HPI Vorza.
Look at the tons of videos on You Tube, then say you don't like them.
I just bought my second one yesterday.

I heard vorza is pretty durable but not a good handling buggy.
I just bet you read that on the internetOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old 07-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markcuda
Wow, it took 41 posts before some one mentioned the Vorza LOLOLOOLOLOL
I will mention it again, consider the HPI Vorza.
Look at the tons of videos on You Tube, then say you don't like them.
I just bought my second one yesterday.

I just bet you read that on the internetOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
It is $649 and he still has to get batteries and charger.

One thing to remember to when you narrow it down to what you want is to be a temp gun. Best tool for r/c.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Tech Initiate

I spent hours researching the best bashing buggy and for me it was the RC8.2E RS RTR kit. It seems most RTR buyers narrow it down to the RC8.2e and the Vorza. The Vorza does seem great, but all of the concerns about weight threw me off. When you're traveling at 40+ MPH and turn in dirt, the heavier buggy will take more traction and suspension work to change direction. This is one reason why I went with the RC8.2e. Another is when a heavier buggy lands wrong, that heavy weight lands on that wrong part. I'd rather have a 7 pound buggy landing on a shock tower than a 10 pound buggy.

The best part... RC8.2e is $425 brand new with the Tower Hobbies discount and the Vorza is $555... The Vorza was not worth an extra $130 to me. I just ordered the RC8.2e today since it FINALLY is back in stock at Tower after waiting over a month.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattf88
Ok I've narrowed it down to these buggies, Xray parts may be a bit more expensive and not as widely availabale, but I guess I can always order online, right?

Mugen mbx6eco
Serpent 811e
TA rc8.2e
xray 808e or xray xb9e
Of those 4, I would tend to stay away from the AE because it wears of significantly faster than the other 3 and the mugen since it has somewhat suspect a arms I.e. breakage. The Serpent and Xray are very durable and are arguably the best quality buggies on the market material wise..... The Mugen wears nicely and drives very well though, it would certainly be a good choice.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Of those 4, I would tend to stay away from the AE because it wears of significantly faster than the other 3 and the mugen since it has somewhat suspect a arms I.e. breakage. The Serpent and Xray are very durable and are arguably the best quality buggies on the market material wise..... The Mugen wears nicely and drives very well though, it would certainly be a good choice.
What do you mean by "wears off" for the rc8.2e and can u replace the a arms with better ones on the mugen mbx6 eco, if their an issue? Vorza is a little more pricier, but I may be willing to up my budget. How does the Vorza compare with the others?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

What do you mean by "wears off" for the rc8.2e and can u replace the a arms with better ones on the mugen mbx6 eco, if their an issue? Vorza is a little more pricier, but I may be willing to up my budget. How does the Vorza compare with the others?
I ment to say wears out. The vorza does not compare to any of of the mention buggies you posted.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:11 PM
Tech Initiate

what parts on the rc8.2e wear out quickly? does the vorza not compare with the others because it isn't a racer?
Old 07-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Why not go for a monster truck for bashing? That's what I have anyway. I use an E-maxx (older model) the with all Rpm parts so it's extremely durable..
Heaps of ground clearance, massive tires, heaps of power, long run times and really fun to drive. Handling isn't anywhere near as important as if you were buying a racing vehicle..
It's all about durability and having fun. The big ground clearance means you can take it over nearly any terrain as well.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

The AE uses aluminium axle which wallow out from the steal cvd pins, and the aluminum couplers from the front and rear diff housings do the same thing.

The vorza is grossly overpowered and has a crappy motor mount system and a less than stellar servo... have seen them break down in the hands of a newb at the track very quickly. It is not a bad car by any means, but it is certainly not equal with an Xray or Serpent.....
Old 07-23-2013, 10:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

IDK if anybody mentioned this but you can get a complete package with a slash ultimate 4WD SCT, truck with electronics, radio, lipo, and a charger! For $590!
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...z-LiPo-Charger
Old 07-23-2013, 10:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Mugen mbx6eco
Serpent 811e
TA rc8.2e
xray 808e or xray xb9e
Oops... Just saw this!
Out of that list.... Hmmm....
I would say Serpent, I've heard some good things about them!
Personally I really liked my Tekno converted D8, just sayin...
The Tekno buggy and SCT are purpose built, not conversions...
Old 07-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Lots of opinions here.

Some say get the mbx6 eco, but someone mentioned a-arms weakness.

One guy says get the traxxas, but many have said its crap compared with the other vehicles.

Then a couple of you mentioned the Vorza, but someone mentioned it's 3 or 4 weaknesses.

A few mentioned the rc8.2e, but someone said it wears out quicker than the others.

Now the Serpent and Xray, it was mentioned that they are the highest quality out of bunch.

Also was recommended the E-revo, but it seems costly for a traxxas.

A lot to think about here .
Old 07-24-2013, 12:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok... let me finish this here and now i race and bash, i got a rc8t and 4 xray 808 2011 specs. i race with the Xrays and bash with the rc8t and a 808.
And i can confirm the AE does wear out hella quick! My rear arms move all over the place where the hinge is, but the one 808 i bash with is soooo strong!
it's 2 years old and it's still in great shape, no movement like the AE haha but yeah go with the Xray xb9e, the 808e has the 10 spec diff housing and is prone to failure, but the xb9e uses the the new housing along with the 2011 spec. If you ever want to race the Xray will get you to the podium as well! and don't worry about part support for the Xray, you wont need it
so go with the xray xb9e and you wont regret it! and its the best lookin buggy out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.