Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
2013 ROAR Nats at Silver Dollar Raceway >

2013 ROAR Nats at Silver Dollar Raceway

2013 ROAR Nats at Silver Dollar Raceway

Old 07-20-2013, 09:39 PM
  #1  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 231
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 2013 ROAR Nats at Silver Dollar Raceway

Good Evening,

I have called and emailed multiple times and have not got a straight answer yet.

Can someone from A-Main hobbies advise what the hand out tires will be for stock and what the policy is please?

I saw the worlds announcement has been made however have not seen anything on Nats

Thank you
Jam-Air is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 09:41 PM
  #2  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 231
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Also schedule for week. I've heard first crack at track isn't till Wednesday
Jam-Air is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 09:18 AM
  #3  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (40)
 
seabass17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: no. cal
Posts: 553
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

I found this hope it answers your question

http://www.amainhobbies.com/iFMAR2013/news/
seabass17 is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 10:38 AM
  #4  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,503
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

That is the pre world's press release. It would be a shame to assume this is the tire for the nats and buy it to find out differently. It happened for the pre world.
STLNLST is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 10:41 AM
  #5  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (40)
 
seabass17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: no. cal
Posts: 553
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Thx Clint I didn't realize that. Would makes sense to keep or the same but most things in the Rc world don't lol
seabass17 is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 12:06 PM
  #6  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,503
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

No official announcement as of yet which means guys will be spending can for next day Air to have practice tires for this race :-(
STLNLST is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 12:30 PM
  #7  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 231
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I have called Amain hobbies and emailed people as well, talked to them on phone two weeks ago and the announcement was due that week

No way I am assuming the tires for the Nats will be same as what was selected for worlds. It's logical however it's still an assumption

In my call with them, they said track would not be open for practice till Wednesday and it would be sugared
Jam-Air is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 12:41 PM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
aeRayls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,257
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

For nationals the tires have to be avaibale at the track!

Last year all the stock guys had to go get em, mount em and tech them. Now this does not include practice tires. Which really isnt a big deal since you only get a scheduled amount of track time and the fact that you can make a set last longer than they do for mod. 2 sets per car is really all you'll need for practice in stock with the very limited amount of track time you get.
aeRayls is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 05:45 PM
  #9  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 520
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Yea I have tried to email Amain to get a answer on this question with no reply. I am also trying to find out who I can talk to about media questions. I have never been to this track and also want to know how the pit situation is ?
schumacheracing is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 08:59 PM
  #10  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,503
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
For nationals the tires have to be avaibale at the track!

Last year all the stock guys had to go get em, mount em and tech them. Now this does not include practice tires. Which really isnt a big deal since you only get a scheduled amount of track time and the fact that you can make a set last longer than they do for mod. 2 sets per car is really all you'll need for practice in stock with the very limited amount of track time you get.
It would be nice to show up at the track with tires already glued up for practice though.
STLNLST is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 09:16 PM
  #11  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 231
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
It would be nice to show up at the track with tires already glued up for practice though.
Ding ding ding we have a winner lol
Jam-Air is offline  
Old 07-21-2013, 09:33 PM
  #12  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,503
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jam-Air View Post
Ding ding ding we have a winner lol
Trust me....98% of the racers out here all feel the same way but not too many will speak up.
STLNLST is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 11:39 AM
  #13  
Tech Regular
 
mkorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Woodland Hills Ca
Posts: 303
Default

The stock spec tires will be ProLine Suburb rear and Scrub front in X2 compound for the buggy classes.

Suburbs in X2 front and rear for SC and stadium truck classes.

Stock foams for all tires to keep costs as low as possible.

The track will be sugared and prepared just as it was at the pre worlds and how it will be prepared for the worlds.
mkorn is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 12:33 PM
  #14  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 231
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mkorn View Post
The stock spec tires will be ProLine Suburb rear and Scrub front in X2 compound for the buggy classes.

Suburbs in X2 front and rear for SC and stadium truck classes.

Stock foams for all tires to keep costs as low as possible.

The track will be sugared and prepared just as it was at the pre worlds and how it will be prepared for the worlds.
There is a name from the past, thanks Marty for the info.

So for us who haven't raced in over 10 years, what are you allowed to do to the tires and foam? Back in the old days it was hand out motors not hand out tires lol
Jam-Air is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 01:41 PM
  #15  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (30)
 
Teufel Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sparks Nv.
Posts: 2,228
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jam-Air View Post
There is a name from the past, thanks Marty for the info.

So for us who haven't raced in over 10 years, what are you allowed to do to the tires and foam? Back in the old days it was hand out motors not hand out tires lol
You're allowed to run them til they're bald. LOL. Sorry just had to.

I would imagine some trimming of the foams is ok, maybe a little tire trimming, though I'm not sure why you'd want/need to do that. For sure no sauce is needed. Basically just a mount and run setup I think.
Teufel Racing is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.